The International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo 2004 - 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful pics especially the special event in the Place of the Palace showing some of elephants. I'm sure that this special show is tribune to pay hommage to the Prince Rainier III.

I hope that the Princess Caroline would come with their children at the Contest Circus on tuesday 24th but I doubt she will not be there because I think Caroline prefers to let to her sister because of presidente of Circus.

For example, Stephanie is never participate to go out to Opera or the Ballets of Monte Carlo because her sister Caroline is presidente...

but anyway... :)

paca said:
nope from the family PA was the only one there. He got late company from the French director, who was a close friend of Rainier (he also spoke at the funeral (I think his name is Roger Hanim), whom I know mainly through ads for hearing aids. He came about 5 or 10 minutes after PA and sat next to M. Deslandes. Apart from them there were MMe Paul Gallico and Col Fringant plus PAs chaplain in the box. The box was closed of by 4 bodyguards while people were still coming in. (It was quite amusing, because my kids saw the empty spaces when we came in and wanted to sit down straight away - just like I trained them for the bus: you see an empty seat you grab it. Except the bodyguards didn't expect a dwarf attack below the waistline, so they depended on my help to coral the little rascals. :D It made them laugh too though and they were rather nice about it too. Glad to know that PA employs bodyguards who do their job and don't bully people.)

Paca, that story is adorable. Your kids sound a lot like my nephews (diving gear anecdote is cute too).

PA looked good in the photos earlier in the thread, did he lose weight? And I loved the ones of Camille playing with the balloons...

michelle said:
The little blond one is Camille ;):p

you're absolutely right, Michelle.
thanks for the correction.. i must not realised what i wrote :eek: :eek:

I also hope to see more pics of Steph and the cake :)

Here is one more nice pic from eastnews.
Steph has the circus in her heart :)

mindys.jpg

paca said:
nope from the family PA was the only one there. He got late company from the French director, who was a close friend of Rainier (he also spoke at the funeral (I think his name is Roger Hanim), whom I know mainly through ads for hearing aids. He came about 5 or 10 minutes after PA and sat next to M. Deslandes. Apart from them there were MMe Paul Gallico and Col Fringant plus PAs chaplain in the box. The box was closed of by 4 bodyguards while people were still coming in. (It was quite amusing, because my kids saw the empty spaces when we came in and wanted to sit down straight away - just like I trained them for the bus: you see an empty seat you grab it. Except the bodyguards didn't expect a dwarf attack below the waistline, so they depended on my help to coral the little rascals. :D It made them laugh too though and they were rather nice about it too. Glad to know that PA employs bodyguards who do their job and don't bully people.)
It's not Roger Hanin but Robert Hossein

assia said:
It's not Roger Hanin but Robert Hossein
yes, you are right. That's him. Names just don't stick with me but I never forget a face (and often I remember the whole scenario about it too, but not the name:confused: ). I hope I'll remember now for next time.;) :D

FAMILY FUN FOR ALBERT AND STEPHANIE AT CIRCUS FESTIVAL

Princess Stephanie and her big brother Albert made it a family affair when they stepped out for an afternoon of big top entertainment in their homeland this week. The two Monegasque royals, who were both in attendance for the Monte Carlo Circus Festival, were spotted embracing warmly as they watched some virtuoso performances from the clowns and trapeze artists taking part.

Onlookers noticed a genuine warmth between the sovereign and his younger sibling as they stuck close to each other's side and hugged repeatedly. And the princess' two little girls, Camille and Pauline, seemed to have inherited their mum's love of the event, as they were likewise seen laughing and smiling broadly.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/24/monacocircus/

mio3k2.jpg
mio3lj.jpg
mio3mh.jpg

mio3rp.jpg
mio3t3.jpg

Deadline Press

20060123 - France - - Cap d'Ail MATCH DE FOOTBALL ORGANISÉ ENTRE " LES BARBAJUANS " L'ÉQUIPE DU PRINCE ALBERT II ET L'ÉQUIPE DES ARTISTES DU FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU CIRQUE DE MONTE - CARLO Comme chaque année, le lundi est jour de relâche pour les artistes du Festival International du Cirque de Monte-Carlo. Cela a donné l'idée d'organiser une rencontre de football entre tous ces artistes qui durant plus d'une semaine partagent la piste et qui durant 90 minutes vont affronter l'équipe du Prince, Les Barbajuans. Ce match se déroule dans la comune de Cap d'ail qui est juste en face du Chapiteau. Le Prince Albert II et la Princesse Stephanie étaient present pour soutenir leur equipe. C'est l'équipe du cirque qui a écrasé l'équipe du Prince par 3 buts à 0. Sur la photo : la Princesse Stéphanie et le Prince Albert II donnent le coup d'envoi de la rencontre Ref:DL111915_012 - © Bruno Bebert / Deadline Photo Press

mj3hmp.jpg

mj3hnr.jpg

mj3hp5.jpg

mj3hq9.jpg

mj3hu9.jpg

mj3hv6.jpg

Are the new scarves permanent or is this simply a special design for the 30th anniversary year only? Will the soccer scarves be yellow now too? Why yellow and not the usual Monaco colors?

Pics from today - Steph confuses me with her black outfits, at first I could not decide if these pics are new :)
Newscom:

Attachments

• 24jan1.jpg
    24jan1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 24jan3.jpg
    24jan3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 186
  • 24jan4.jpg
    24jan4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 24jan2.jpg
    24jan2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 216
More from Newscom

MONACO LE 24/01/2006 . 30e FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU CIRQUE DE MONTE CARLO. LE PRINCE ALBERT, CANDICE PATOU ET MME PASTOR ET Tasha de Vasconcelos - 30TH INTERNATIONAL MONTE CARLO CIRCUS FESTIVAL. PRINCE ALBERT, ACTRESS CANDICE PATOU, MRS PASTOR AND Tasha de Vasconcelos
mj724p.jpg

mj722t.jpg

mj71xh.jpg

mj71va.jpg

mj9454.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for providing the photos. Steph looks cute with the red cap ...
...and she confuses me too with the black outfits ...:rolleyes::p

Ooooooooh I'm so sad :( the Princess Caroline didn't attented to the Contest Circus tonight... :( That's a pity !

le_ptit_diablotin said:
Ooooooooh I'm so sad :( the Princess Caroline didn't attented to the Contest Circus tonight... :( That's a pity !
Yeah, Johan ... I'm sad about that too ... I still hope for her and her kids to come around tomorrow, Thursday or Friday :)

yes, very strange that she has been a no show this year. Very unusual for her.

michelle said:
Yeah, Johan ... I'm sad about that too ... I still hope for her and her kids to come around tomorrow, Thursday or Friday :)

So we will cross OUR FINGERS :D I hope so!!!

michelle said:
That might be a possibility since it is St. Devote. Maybe plans to be at mass too.;) :D

paca said:
yes, very strange that she has been a no show this year. Very unusual for her.

True. Even in 2002, I don't think Caro attended that year either, but Pierre did attend that year, maybe in her place. So where was Mama's Representative this year?

JANUARY 24: Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) and Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) arrive to attend the closing ceremony of the 30th International Circus Festival Of Monte-Carlo on January 24, 2006 in Monte Carlo.
(from getty)

mjr68g.jpg
mjr6yo.jpg

mjr6g9.jpg

the people at Getty must be joking.. they wrote Stephanie as Albert's daughter :rolleyes: :D
JANUARY 24: Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) and his daughter Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) arrive to attend the closing ceremony of the 30th International Circus Festival Of Monte-Carlo on January 24, 2006 in Monte Carlo.

I thought their were a couple of shows left at least one so we can see Caroline I hope.

from wenn photos :

To mark its 30th anniversary, the Monte-Carlo Circus Festival is organising a series of celebratory activities including some of the best award-winning acts seen throughout the life time of the festival. From the Place d'Armes continuing up in Monte Carlo streets and to the Palace, Monaco is looking forward to this spectacular illuminated, musical and gastronomic event, offering a fitting tribute to HSH Prince Rainier.
Monaco - 24.01.06

mjsf20.jpg
mjsf87.jpg
mjsfpg.jpg

CasiraghiTrio said:
True. Even in 2002, I don't think Caro attended that year either, but Pierre did attend that year, maybe in her place. So where was Mama's Representative this year?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Charlotte came hand in hand with little Alexandra? :)

Steph in this laced black dress and fringe looks wonderful and young and she really looks as a daughter of Albert :p In spite of smile he seems quite sour or feeling unwell, it is not his best day.

Last edited:
photos from deadline...

for more, go here

Attachments

• DL111919_014.jpg
    DL111919_014.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DL111919_016.jpg
    DL111919_016.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DL111919_018.jpg
    DL111919_018.jpg