The International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo 2004 - 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene looks fab! I love the new hairstyle. Love prince Albert wearing the wig and just all around ejoying himself.

These may be the worst pictures I´ve ever seen of CW. I guess she´s getting worse as the wedding comes closer. I cannot figure out what is their idea of glamour. Someone is giving bad advices.

Pauline instead, is a naturally beautiful woman.

Last edited:
You can say what you want Rosana, Charlène was very beautiful.Every body here know that you don't like her

I think Charlene looked great at the circus. She seemed very happy and glowing!

It's always great to see Pauline because we rarely do. I thought it was funny that she carried a white Chanel bag to one of the events, and the black jacket she wore looked like Chanel too. She seems to be following in Char and Caroline's Chanel footsteps! Maybe Karl gives free stuff to the whole family?

Wish we had seen Camille though.

You can say what you want Rosana, Charlène was very beautiful.Every body here know that you don't like her

People are entitled to like or dislike any royal or royal to be. As long as they don't violate TRF rules, they also have a right to express it.

Personally, I have mixed feelings of Charlene's latest look. I do like the long hair, and the earrings (although not for this event) but the rest looks very Hollywood to me. Actually, she resembles looks like she could be on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Pauline does look lovely and fresh. She looks age appropriate.:flowers::flowers:

I do not see why her earings are not made for this event.We can wear earings like this every where, if to be beautiful is making hollywood, there are many girls who could be actress. Charlene has already for me the look of a princess and around me many people think like me

I do not see why her earings are not made for this event.We can wear earings like this every where, if to be beautiful is making hollywood, there are many girls who could be actress. Charlene has already for me the look of a princess and around me many people think like me

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. I think they are too dressy and would be better suited to an evening dress.

This is the first Hollywood like picture of Charlene that I have ever seen about her Pic 1 and it was long before this her 33rd birthday that was yesterday.

I think ...... less might have been better for this occasion. It seems like an event that should be more about fun and less about the bling. But it's no big deal really. I think I am like some of us here in that I don't like or dislike Charlene, because I don't know enough of her to make that kind of determination. We can like or dislike someone like Caroline or Albert because they have been around before our eyes forever, making decisions and living in a certain way and we can like their choices or not. But Charlene hasn't done enough for this kind of character analysis to be possible. As for her looks, I can say that I am not crazy about them. She is not ugly, but in my opinion, there is nothing beautiful about her looks. She is very nondescript to me. In these pics from the circus, she appears to me like she appears to me a lot; like she is trying very hard to be glamorous, but is not quite 'getting' it. I don't know why this is my impression, and that is only her looks, and this is only my opinion, and of course, by definition, this is a superficial post. :D

I must agree with you CT.

Despite what many might think, I am really ambivalent about Charlene. It was nice to see her at this event but I just think her presence is just whatever. The main joy was seeing Stephanie (and I am not a fan of hers either) and really, Pauline.

What do we have to do to see more of Pauline? She seems especially happy....maybe too naive and non jaded in the world of the press and what her future life could be like (i.e. jet setting like Charlotte and her aunt Caroline of days gone by). Either way it was a pleasure seeing her. Though I do wonder where Camille is...she has participated in this event in the past. Maybe with her father?

PS said one of her daughters had the flu. I am guessing it was Camille.

I don´t agree CT. I don´t need to say I dislike Miss Wittstock, and I have enough reasons. She´s been around long enough, made decisions and lived in a certain way to make me dislike her. I still wonder what on earth is she doing there. We hardly see a picture in which she seems comfortable and not faking a smile. Even P. Albert seems more confortable when she´s not around. And don´t let me start on the unnecessary physical transformation over the years.

I agree about the inapropriate style, not the first faux-pas. The same happened at the Opera gala last year. In this case, diamonds and circus don´t go together.

I like Charlene but am a bit ambivalent about this her appearance. I don´t have any problem with her outfit or earrings, and I really like her hairdo, but she looks quite uncomfortable, her smile is a kind of forced and her expression absent-minded. Others seem to enjoy the evening, but she doesn´t IMO.

I wish Charlene had had more confidence in herself and not turned to so called Hollywood glamour.
Her natural sensuality has gone out of the window.

I don´t agree CT. I don´t need to say I dislike Miss Wittstock, and I have enough reasons. She´s been around long enough, made decisions and lived in a certain way to make me dislike her. I still wonder what on earth is she doing there. We hardly see a picture in which she seems comfortable and not faking a smile. Even P. Albert seems more confortable when she´s not around. And don´t let me start on the unnecessary physical transformation over the years.

I agree about the inapropriate style, not the first faux-pas. The same happened at the Opera gala last year. In this case, diamonds and circus don´t go together.

You never stop to amaze me, miss Rosana. You speak about Charlene, and before about Charlotte and Caroline as if they are part of your daily life, family or friends. But you wonder what Charlene is doing there? Have they forgotten to tell you: she is Prince Albert's wife-to-be so Albert must know what she is doing there. Still you have enough reasons to dislike her. Did Albert not consult you then? :ohmy:

Look at Alexandra! She's looking so pretty. When did she get all grown up? I think I've missed something. Don't like Beatrice's make up:bang:

Thank goodness for those blue scarves - Why must the ladies wear so much black? It is a circus gala after all.

Seems like Caroline's children love their aunt. Shame that we've never seen Caroline interacting with her nieces and nephew.:sad:

Louis Ducret, the son of princess Stephanie was seen last summer on the yatch Pacha, the boat of Caroline, there was Caroline on the same time on the boat.It was after a soccer foot where Pierre Casiraghi and Louis attended for a charity event of Prince Albert or Stephanie, It seems that Pierre is the only child apart Alexandra who comes to the circus who sees his aunt (apart the national day).We never see the others(Andrea and Charlotte).I hope a lot that the weedding will gather all the members of this family, and we see all cousins happy to be together. Pierre is the child I prefer, he talks with all the members of the family, He went in december 2009 to swimm with Albert and Charlene for a charity. I like also Charlotte but we never see her with Stephanie or Pauline,Louis and Camille. But she is a kind person, but one I do not like is Andrea , his attitude during the last fest of Monaco was very bad

Seems like Caroline's children love their aunt. Shame that we've never seen Caroline interacting with her nieces and nephew.:sad:

In the pictures nephews and aunt hardly interact.

melina premiere, the boy was seen last summer on the yatch Pacha III wasn't Louis Ducruet. I think the boy was Christian of Hanover Pic.

PC and PS live next door to each other. I'm sure the 2 families see each other all the time. They seem to split up their royal duties. When they are together PC and her family are always on the right and PS and her family are on the left. Sometimes PS's family is there but they don't photograph them. eg. the coronation. Also if PS doesn't want her kids photographed she wouldn't want them standing next to the Casiraghis in public. I think in a recent article PS said the cousins all get along fine. She also said she has tried to keep her kids out of the public eye. I don't think PC had a choice with her kids.

Last edited:

Let us please stay on topic of this thread! Thanks!

Princess Stephanie posing for group photos with the circus artists after the
show on January 29, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

For people who liked the PBS documentary "Circus," the episode where the artistic directors of the Big Apple Circus go to Monte Carlo for the annual festival is Episode 5 entitled "Born to be Circus" and Princess Stephanie is briefly shown and many of the circus acts that performed are featured. You can watch that episode online on the PBS web site here:

Episode 5: Born to be Circus | Video | Circus | PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom