The International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo 2004 - 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ice For posting all the picture The Gala night looked amazing Pauline is Beautiful Albert and Stephanie looked great , good to see Charlene during the gala evening also looks like Pauline handed out more awards this year .

it kinda cool cause we always said if it was one of Stephanie kids who will be more involved in the circus we always said it would be Pauline and it looks to be right she may just take over one far away day

Pic Seven shows Pauline with a group of dancers ......perhaps not exactly elegant, but still nice to behold!

Her half-sister seems to be growing up into a likeable child, and I found it a bit sad that some posters referred to her being a little overweight.

Charlene has a more feminine coiffure .... another improvement.

Albert must have liked being surrounded by his "ladies" !

A very enjoyable Circus Festival - now get ready for Sainte Dévote :)

I think as a loving mother Steph simply let her daughters
decide, and the problem with the shirt mainly occurred
because of the strong spotlight and flurry of camera flashes
at the entrance..

Sorry, which pictue are you talking about??? I could not find something bad!

No, nothing bad, we were referring to pics from day 2,
that can for example be seen in Radker's post. No big
deal at all ;)

Thanks, I saw!! Nothing bad. I'm sure that it was not made on purpose, sometimes you do not realise how a tissue is behavioring in all conditions!!! (is like some white suimsuits, while wet they become transparent!!!)

In any case Camille is wearing a bra or a top inside. The strange point is that the bra is black!! strange for a 11 y old girl!

I'm getting old!!!

^I agree it's "strange". I love Steph and her kids. Camille is precious. Pauline is pretty, but in future, I hope her skirts don't go any shorter than that!!!! :eek:

Nice to see Steph´s children participating in the Principality activities . They are also part of the ruling family . I´d like to see them more often .

^I agree it's "strange". I love Steph and her kids. Camille is precious. Pauline is pretty, but in future, I hope her skirts don't go any shorter than that!!!! :eek:

Agreed, bless her heart! And no more snug, either :D

Nice to see Steph´s children participating in the Principality activities . They are also part of the ruling family . I´d like to see them more often .
Yes, i agree with you. They should also appear in some events. If they really want to, like the trio.

While I agree that is great to see Camille and Pauline, I have also find it disturbing when mothers and daughters dress alike. If you hid the faces, you would think they were two young ladies on a night on the town within the same age group. For the record, I don't particularly care for young ladies who dress like old ladies. But thats just my personal opinion.

Nonetheless, it was great seeing everyone.

Last edited:
While I agree that is great to see Camille and Pauline, I have also find it disturbing when mothers and daughters dress alike. If you hid the faces, you would think they were two young ladies on a night on the town within the same age group. For the record, I don't particularly care for young ladies who dress like old ladies. But thats just my personal opinion.

Nonetheless, it was great seeing everyone.

I really agree with you, but actually young girls dress more and more than adult women, and 40 something... ladies dress more and more than teenagers!!!
We can not say who is wrong, Steph or Pauline. IMO they are both unappropriately dressed, but this is the fashion now :bang:

Pauline has really grown into a beautiful young woman! I can see a little of Caroline's features in her! I would love to see Pauline and Charlotte interacting together as cousins and hopefully friends! They are both such beauties and even though Pauline does dress a little to old for her age, she has yet to be a problem in the press, whereas I think her mother had already started her rebellion at 15!

Sunday 24th January is the Winners Show of the Circus Festival, and the end of this year's Monte Carlo Circus Festival, at 6.30pm ..... *sob*

I wonder whether they'll do something special for the 35th ?

Sunday 24th January is the Winners Show of the Circus Festival, and the end of this year's Monte Carlo Circus Festival, at 6.30pm ..... *sob*

I wonder whether they'll do something special for the 35th ?

It's not the one and only winners' show of the festival, between
January 20th and January 24th there were daily winners' shows,
but it's indeed the end of the festival tomorrow.
Not sure whether there'll be something special, the 25th and 50th
are more special dates, but it would be great of couse :)

So Caroline went to the show on the 23rd? Why has no one got any photos? :ermm:

So Caroline went to the show on the 23rd? Why has no one got any photos? :ermm:

I don't think anyone said that she went to see the show on the
23rd?! So I don't think she did, but just in case she went to one
of the winners' shows after the awards gala on January 19th,
these shows are without official princely attendance and therefore
without press presence :)

I was going by this:

Last night we headed to the circus in Monaco. It started at 8:30, so when we were still looking for parking at 8:15, the kids started going crazy! We decided it would be best if the dads dropped us off and they would find parking while we went in and sat down.

They dropped us off at the back of the big white tents, and we were rushing to get in. Somehow I fell behind, and I found myself standing RIGHT next to Princess Caroline. She appeared to be heading in some kind of back entrance (since that was the direction we were coming from) when I crossed her path.

I don't particularly care about the royalty of Monaco, but it was just so odd to be looking at someone's face up close after seeing them in photos. She looked lovely, and was definitely taller than me, in case you were wondering.
Not exactly an official confirmation, but it sounded reliable enough to me. But I understand why if Caroline wanted to go to the festival, she would have gone on a night where there would be no press. Thanks for the explanation iceflower! :flowers:

I had the enormous pleasure to attend the circus festival on Sunday, January 17 at 3pm and to my surprise, see Prince Albert, Princess Stephanie, Princess Alexandra and Camille. It was great! They looked just as you see them in the photos. Prince Albert seemed to enjoy it very much as well as Princess Stephanie. Princess Alexandra kept wanting to hit the balloons that were thrown to the crowds. Then I got to see them outside. That was so cool. I was like a paparazzi trying to get some photos, but a security guard told me not to. But I just stood there and gazed at them. They seemed like normal people only that they are very rich and famous. The next night I was sitting by the window of the restaurant when all of a sudden a police officer stops the traffic, two police motorcycles go first, then Prince Albert's BMW and I could see him with the circus scarf around him and somebody next to him which I couldn't see, and then 2 police cars after them. WOW! It was so cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
These photographs with the elephant are so mean! We are so cruel to let those animals being tοrtured in the circuses. I wish all the circuses in the world stop. We wouldn't like to be treated that way in their place. Animal abuse is unacceptable! Shame on us. Is it so hard to only have acrobats and other performances including NO animals? But they all want high rates of entertainment that they believe only animals can offer.

Glistening Seas

:thistle: I certainly hope no one would think we condone animal cruelty. But, in all honestly i would think that Monaco animals are not mistreated when trained.

:twohearts: Naturally to the human who can speak to be told what to do it appears cruel to tie an animals legs and pull them in the direction they need to go. But really the animal isn't having his muscled pulled to be in pain simply being shown where to place their feet. Then they surely must be given treats to reward them for their placements and training.
:thistle: Although not having ever been to a circus I could not say how it's done but most animal training is done with it's treats as rewards:heartflower:

There is no specific "Monaco circus". The artistes come from all over the world. Therefore it is practically impossible to know what happens to these animals once they leave Monaco.

I am hoping the same thingt oo CasiraghiTrio. I have never really follow the development of Prinecss Stephanie and her children, but I'm glad that I read these past posts. Pauline is indeed a great beauty. I am also aware that short skirts like that may be the rage with young girls nowadays(boy, I feel old), but must it be really that short? (I'm feeling old, yet again..)

Nice Video from 2008

[youtube]3tRObZOr54w [/youtube]

The 35th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo - 2011

This is the thread dedicated to the 35th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo
that takes place from 20th to 30th January 2011.

First information can be found at the official site montecarlofestival.mc.
And this is the colourful 2011 flyer/poster!

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

The thread will be opened when the circus events start,
in the meanwhile take a look at our retrospective thread or at one of the nice threads of the last years' festivals! :flowers:

* *​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom