The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's an outfit! Loving the butterly brooch and especially loving the glasses.

The Telegraph obituary of Major Bruce Shand covers his war service and exploits in detail.
Thank you so much for the article! I read extensively about the goings on with the Windsors about a decade ago and I'm rusty. I haven't kept up with the current goings-on except through a little here and there. This is lovely! Thanks!

Those glasses are beautiful. She looks great with them. But she probably just needs them for reading or looking at something up close. It's so typical for people to need some kind of far-sighted correction as they age. People like me with near-sighted vision need either two pairs or bifocals as we age, but I'm not there yet, thank goodness. :)

Yeah, the glasses are perfectly for her! She really has a good optician. (I´m an optician too...:rolleyes:) But, she has to adjust it a little:flowers:
I think Charles wears glasses too. But his speeches are always written in big letters.

She looks fantastic in glasses--I am always impressed with Camilla's style and presence. She looks perfect everytime (and I LOVE the hats!!!)

Last edited:
That's about Charles' birthday, isn't it? (She runs off and looks it up. . .)

Wow! 59. What do you get him for his birthday? I wonder what the Duchess will do. . ?

Wonderful now if they will just call her "Princess of Wales"

I'm very happy that HRH now has the Family Order.

Last edited:
I'm very happy that HRH now has the Family Order.
I'll second that! :clap::crown6::clap:

I thought The Dirty Mail told us that HM didn't like Camilla, guess he got that wrong as well! :rolleyes:

She really looks radiant. :flowers:

I agree, I'm pleased Camilla has been awarded too - she deserves it.:)

I'm really proud of how far Camilla has come. She looks wonderful! I liked the photo of her Charles holding her hand in the car - they seem really happy togehter, which is lovely to see.:wub:

I really think that camilla is great
In yesterday banquet she loked fab with that Tiara,
very elegant.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea that HRH is known as The Duchess of Cornwall rather than The Princess of Wales.

There is no precedent for the wife of The Prince of Wales being known as The Duchess of Cornwall and Camilla has been able to make that title her own, and I think she is doing a simply sterling job with it. She so obviously makes her Prince happy and makes his job easier for him. I just love the photo of them lightly holding hands in the car. And she has the ability to wear serious jewels really well. :)

Camilla will make a very fine Queen Consort.

What a good point, Roslyn. I hadn't thought of it in a long term way. It IS a positive for her. There will probably be Princesses of Wales in the future as there have been many in the past, but for generations to come when mentioning "The Duchess of Cornwall" it won't likley be necessary to ask "Which one?" The same for Princess Consort if she IS known as that during Charles' reign (although I dearly hope it will be Queen Camilla). That could be uniquely hers as well. Thanks for causing me to think about it in such a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, true, like Prince Albert is the only "Prince Consort" to British history. Of course I still hope Camilla will be Queen, and I think it's the logical and easier thing. But thinking of it in this long term way, the "Princess Consort" thing wouldn't be so bad either. She'd be the only one, too true, and good point.
I like Camilla as a Duchess too. "Duchess" just suits her for some reason. I can't explain it at all, and I don't even understand it. It just fits her like a glove. :cool:

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea that HRH is known as The Duchess of Cornwall rather than The Princess of Wales.

There is no precedent for the wife of The Prince of Wales being known as The Duchess of Cornwall and Camilla has been able to make that title her own, and I think she is doing a simply sterling job with it. She so obviously makes her Prince happy and makes his job easier for him. I just love the photo of them lightly holding hands in the car. And she has the ability to wear serious jewels really well. :)

Camilla will make a very fine Queen Consort.

I completely agree with you, Roslyn, with the proviso that, when Camilla does eventually become Queen, that that's what she will be called, and not the very ugly and cumbersome Princess Consort.

Whats irritating is that the Daily Mail have passed this off as Camilla's RFO being the same insignia Diana had. Very annoying.

I noticed that the Daily Mail did that, also. That was obviously a ploy to stir up a little controvery to sell papers. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom