The Duchess of Brabant's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2019 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

In general I don't like the shiny material, but for a young woman it's fine ;)

** Full view **

There's nothing wrong with either of their appearances, but she and Amalia look like they are going to two different parties.

Elisabeth certainly doesn't quite seem to share the family penchant for conservative dress, does she.

There's nothing wrong with either of their appearances, but she and Amalia look like they are going to two different parties.

Elisabeth certainly doesn't quite seem to share the family penchant for conservative dress, does she.

Amalia probably wears more "dressed" dresses because of her body type, which is totally different from all of her "colleagues".

Amalia probably wears more "dressed" dresses because of her body type, which is totally different from all of her "colleagues".

No, Ingrid may be wearing a narrow-strapped bodice, but she still looks quintessentially "royal". Elisabeth looks like she could be at a tiara engagement, but also go clubbing somewhere, without even taking the head bling off.

She's twenty, in her university years and she is having her tiara debut, I fully support Elisabeth's experimental look. She'll have plenty of time to look conservative and regal. Also, let's not forget this is a 18 birthday party.
Amalia's look (probably because of her body type) ages her instead.

Please remember our TRF rule not to compare looks and persons, further comparative posts will be removed.

I don't like the down worn by the duchess tonight,can't decide if its the shiny material or the design.

Looks like I will be the lone voice of approval because I think the young princess looks striking and glamorous.

She has the body type necessary to carry that look...tall and slender.

Very exciting to finally see her in a tiara. I wish it had been at her own 18th birthday instead of someone else's.

Looks like I will be the lone voice of approval because I think the young princess looks striking and glamorous.

She has the body type necessary to carry that look...tall and slender.

Very exciting to finally see her in a tiara. I wish it had been at her own 18th birthday instead of someone else's.

You're not alone! She is rocking it!

I dislike the dress, there is too much going on and it doesn't suit her at all.

It *does* suit her. I side with Mbruno, Moonmaiden23 and Marchesina. She looks so pretty. And that tiara rocks!

Last edited:
First of all I think she looks lovely, It is so great to see her in long dress with Orders and Jewels. The dress is not my cup of tea, something doesn't work for me, maybe its the color, the ruffle, shiny material- I don't know. BUT It is so great to see her smiling and self confident at her debut!!

Like DoB dress but not that color on her. Washes her out in my opinion.

Beautiful dress with a lovely colour, it suits her.

Terrible dress imho. And in her face she is looking far too 'harsh'. So, I am a bit disappointed by her first tiara event, i guess I hoped for something 'softer'.

Terrible dress imho. And in her face she is looking far too 'harsh'. So, I am a bit disappointed by her first tiara event, i guess I hoped for something 'softer'.

Yeah. While I am impressed by Lisa's willingness to buck her family's staid sartorial trends, and I might have liked the dress on her on another occasion, on this one, with the tiara, her overall look didn't move me much.

I actually like this dress very much. It's a lovely young colour and it goes very well with her sash. Actually my favourite one of the younger princesses tonight.

I'm with those who say Elisabeth knocked it out of the park tonight! Absolutely stunning, gorgeous color on her. Best look of all the young princesses tonight by far.

:previous:

In general I don't like the shiny material, but for a young woman it's fine ;)

** Full view **

First of all I think she looks lovely, It is so great to see her in long dress with Orders and Jewels. The dress is not my cup of tea, something doesn't work for me, maybe its the color, the ruffle, shiny material- I don't know. BUT It is so great to see her smiling and self confident at her debut!!

Like DoB dress but not that color on her. Washes her out in my opinion.
And there I have my question answered. The shiny colour was too pale for Elisabeth and seemed to leave her "interestingly pale". Less shine and more colour saturation would have worked wonders.

Tiered skirt and shinny fabric are not what I normally would like, but Elisabeth did successfully pull it off. Probably a hint that she isn't afraid of a little fancier style, unlike her counterparts who seem prefer clear, simple design currently.

I think she looks beautiful a Disney princess with the little waist, glamorous dress and tiara and beautiful face. I really like the shinny of the dress! I think it goes well with her age!

On a more voluptuous figure this dress would have been very dicey, for obvious reasons.:cool:

But Elisabeth is tall and slender. I especially love her posture and how she walks with her head up and a steady smile. She completely nailed this imo.

I do believe in another life Elizabeth would have a high end designer or couture model… her bearing, figure and evident joy in beautiful clothes are made for the camera.

I think she looks lovely in the dress. It suits her perfectly. Infact in the photo will the future heads, I thought I liked her dress the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom