The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 9: April 2018 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the coat as I prefer a fitted style on her. It has been extremely blustery in the UK and for this reason, I don't think the photos perhaps do the coat justice. I do like the colour though.

Looser “bathrobe” coats like this usually need to be belted to look right. I wonder if a belt could have fixed this for her? But it might just be too big, even for that style,m.

:previous: From the goddess of middle-aged style we get this shapeless thing . . . it looks like she got cold and grabbed a hospital gown . . . Oh Sophie, what happened?

Sophie attended a reception at the British Museum yesterday evening, September 25, looking lovely in a simple, black dress:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I like this dress, and what a fantastic shade of blue on Sophie.

Have loved everything she has worn to Ireland the navy is lovely .. thanks for all the fab images

The last two dark looks, one with very interesting red and black skirt were really pretty and fit well. The blue dress does her no favors, it is too tight and shows every lump and bump and the gathering over the bodice adds bulk she doesn’t need

The Countess of Wessex in Emilia Wickstead in Versailles, France, today, October 1:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Does Princess Victoria have a similar dress?

I am really not keen on her look here I thought for Paris she could have done a little better .. the navy blue even...I don't like all the bell sleeves she is wearing at the moment occasionally maybe but IMO they don't suit Sophie and I am usually crazy about her looks.
I like the ankle boots but not for here. So a bit disappointing IMO

I liked this coat the first few times I saw it, but at this point I think she is pairing it with everything, even things like this dress, where the proportions are all wrong. It makes her look dowdy, and a little bit like she threw on a bathrobe over the sitting room draperies. For Paris, royal ladies usually pull out all the stops, and this look is just frumpy.

And surely, after the number of recent outings this coat has had, it must be due for a dry cleaning. Perhaps the dry cleaners could lose it?

I really liked the pink Versailles outfit, even the boots. And i've seen that coat before but didn't think much of it, but i think it worked well in this instance.

Good thing we've all different – something for everyone!

The pink loose snakeskin outfit with the boots looked very odd and thrown together. The coat looked like a borrowed bathrobe. The black and silver evening look was just perfect, and her hair down looked beautiful and very full. The black outfit with bell bottoms and the blue coat over looks the best of the lot but only one picture so far
I really like the black shoes with the black pant, a good sized heel, not sky high stilts

Love what I see of white look but I may have worn some color in neckace not clear pendant against white.

Second look is great but the shoulders. Look like Michael Jackson shoulder pads on outside of the coat look. :lol:

I've heard she's charming. But, those clothes are strange, weird even!

The Countess of Wessex in Estonia today, October 7:

** Upper part **

Last edited:

I do enjoy that Sophie’s coat matches Edward’s tie, although I’m sure that wasn’t intentional.

I also reckon she’s had the coat for a long time. I’m sure when I watched the documentary “Monarchy at Work” recently, Sophie is wearing that coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom