The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 9: April 2018 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress, love the hat, love the shoes. Just not positive that I love them all together. I think maybe that dress with some gorgeous black accessories or even accessories in a different color would work better. It just feels a little too monochrome for my taste.

I like the dress, but am not so sure about the hat. There seems to be a lot of moss, just kind of dangling there.....And yes, I know it's not actually moss.

It is a real summer dress for the races she looks gorgeous I love the soft colour

I'm neutral about the dress, but the hat looks awful!
Yet those huge saucer hats adorned with feathers seem to be a trend this year.
The lilac hat is much like the pink one Camilla wore for the wedding.

It is a real summer dress for the races she looks gorgeous I love the soft colour
Right you are. The whimsical hat is nicely balanced by a simple dress. One can envy her to pull the soft colour off.

Last edited:
Sophie fairly consistently wears short sleeves of a not very attractive design. No female over the age of 13 should wear those kinds of short sleeves. JMHO, of course :) :)

Love both of the two last outfits. Great colors for her, perfect fits. The jumpsuit is her color, the wide waistband and gathered bodice is perfect for her busty figure and gives her more of a waist and actually downplays the chestiness because it is not too tight. Both hats are divine on her. I would push up the sleeves on the lilac dress.

Sophie backed a winner. She and her husband look wonderful and totally fashionable at Ascot this year

Sophie recycled her blue Galvan jumpsuit for the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) reception and dinner yesterday, June 25:

** Full view ** April 2018 **

And for a visit to the Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary in Ingatestone today, June 26, she recycked a long Erdem print dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** February 2018 **

Last edited:
The jumpsuit displays a generous a décolletage which I didn't realise Sophie possessed.

Sophie is very busty which is difficult to dress well. She usually does a really good job with her body type

I like the jumpsuit I think just not on Sophie I agree it is for a particular shape shall I say and she is not that shape IMO Sophie looks stunning in classic styles and as someone who would love to wear the jumpsuit myself I would never [sadly]

The jumpsuit is just too low cut for anything other than a private function IMO. The print dress is just an abomination and needs to be burned. Again IMO.

The Countess of Wessex at the Race for the Line Finals at Royal Air Force Wittering, Peterborough, yesterday, June 28:

** Full view **

The Countess of Wessex at a forum on the transformational power of digital technology at St. James' Palace today, July 2. Nice, light summer skirt, but I don't like the breast pocket style of the top:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the skirt a lot, but aside from the pockets, which I agree are questionable, the tunic top is shapeless and not very flattering. It's cool, I suppose?

It's not bad.... but but great ...I like the idea of it ... maybe it's the colour????

It has a bit of a tropical or safari vibe-color and style.

Not a fan of Sophie's latest outfit; it feels rather drab. Perhaps it's the lighting but it doesn't thrill me overall.

I don't like this. Drab, shapeless, & overall frumpy, due to the top. The skirt would be nice paired with another top.

I like Sophie and have been impressed in the way she has shown a willingness to try out new styles whereas many women of her age who are in the public eye, settle for playing it safe with styles they know work for them. I think there have been a few more misses recently, not least because her hair and makeup often let her down. She has always preferred a more natural look, but I would like to see her going for a slightly more polished finish in these two areas.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow this is super unattractive makes,her tummy look big and does nothing for her, a miss

The green is an attractive color for her and I like the neckline and sleeves on her dress. IMO the fabric seems a bit heavy for summer though.

The green dress Sophie wore today is a recycled Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Ascot 2017 **

The green is a beautiful color on her. The neckline looks just slightly too large, though. Almost like it might slip off of one shoulder or the other if she doesn't stand just so.

A beautiful green dress for Sophie. Nice and refreshing for summer.

Like the color but not the look, seems a little dowdy to me, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom