Site Update - New Look for TRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the update
- thanks to everyone who has worked on this

I love this new look! Royal blue indeed and the background motif is beautiful!:flowers: Great work!!!

loove the new look of the forums.
well done.

I love the new graphics. Very royal looking. :)

The logo is not my cup of tea and the background and font remind me of an Indian restaurant or an Austrian coffeehouse trying to be prestigious. In addition, it is illegal to display fake arms - including supporters, crown etc. The achievement has no compartment, the crown is hanging in mid air, where is the mantling flying from? Not to mention the dubious charges. This is heraldically illiterate.

The new layout is really lovely and I thank all of you that worked so hard to make it so. The royal blue and gold looks quite the ticket.

All the Royal Forums seem to be going blue. Looking nice.

I like it. It looks more noble:)

Sorry to be a bore but I hate it...........

Hate is a strong word ;) but I'm not a fan either. It just doesn't appeal to me. I confess I find it really quite tacky to look at.

A certain poster who's posts I generally dismiss, did however state a comparison I, surprisingly enough, agree with.

It too reminds me of an "Austrian coffeehouse trying to be prestigious".

I certainly hope it's not a permanent change but nothing stays the same forever and evidently it was felt a change would be appropriate at the current time.

Last edited:
Hate is a strong word ;) but I'm not a fan either. It just doesn't appeal to me. I confess I find it really quite tacky to look at.

A certain poster who's posts I generally dismiss, did however state a comparison I, surprisingly enough, agree with.

It too reminds me of an "Austrian coffeehouse trying to be prestigious".

I certainly hope it's not a permanent change but nothing stays the same forever and evidently it was felt a change would be appropriate at the current time.
I agree with Madame Royale. The new TRF look is not eyes friendly.:sad:

I don't know where else to post this, but I don't like the new forum design. I don't think a change was needed. Right now, it slows the progress of trying to look for information quickly, and it is annoying because it seems as if the board is trying to seek attention. All focus should be on Wills and Kate's upcoming wedding, not board design. I think it is bad timing.

I don't know where else to post this, but I don't like the new forum design. I don't think a change was needed. Right now, it slows the progress of trying to look for information quickly, and it is annoying because it seems as if the board is trying to seek attention. All focus should be on Wills and Kate's upcoming wedding, not board design. I think it is bad timing.

I agree with Melania , dont like the new change at all .

Changes are sometimes not easy to embrace so I will give the new design a fair chance. The first impression is not favorable though.

I like the colors, logo and design of The Royal Forums. By trade I way a graphic designer. The design is very user friendly with the bar for scrolling to a topic. I love the logo, and the font for The Royal Forms words. I think the site is much more contemporary in web site design. Having the royals pictures on top of the old format was crowding in look.

Gold is very royals and the blue is almost purple another traditional royal color. To me when I first saw it I thought how beautiful in sleek, contemporary design. I didn't see the design as being unpretentious. Good job.

We have more than two months to get use to the new design. I don't think the change will bother posters from Prince William's engagement and wedding.

I really like this website. And to others it can only get better because the website is better than before.

Thank you website designer for a beautiful, royal feeling website to post on.:flowers:

Well I'm a bit disappointed. Though the colours are nice and generally, the new design is more elegant, I have a huge problem with the white background. It's so bright, I just cannot look at the screen for more than 5'. This is my main negative comment and believe me, it's well-intentioned. I love spending time on TRF and now I think I'll need small breaks every few minutes.:cool: Which isn't too bad, but I really LOVE posting!!! :lol: Could you please take care of the background?? Thanks! :flowers:

I don't like the new change. I like the old look better. :ermm:

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the new design. While it certainly looks more "royal" which probably was the intention, the white color makes my eyes hurt quickly. Also reduction of the width of the board made it less user friendly.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with those who find the new design quite unappealing.
Reminds me of a German tourist trap restaurant's menu, though Rob 2008's description as 'Austrian coffeehouse trying to be prestigious' isn't bad either, along with his justified criticism of the pretentious and silly fake arms.
Don't know if those oh-so-regal lions holding up 'Reply' and 'Edit' etc. are meant to be a joke or unintentionally funny?
The 'Gold' looks Mustard to me, and I don't care for the upholstery pattern in Blue because it feels as outdated as the whole overall look.
What's the use of trying something new and fresh when it ends up looking so old and stale?

Last edited:
I thought that I had ended up at a wrong site for a moment, but this looks very beautiful!

The banner is an issue for me, I miss seeing the royals.

I like the new design, the colors and the logo make the forum look more professional, IMO! :flowers: But I definitely miss the old clarity. It doesn't seem too easy to find all of the recent posts and I, for one, loved the "new posts" button which now seems only available when logged in to the forum... And I don't want to criticize too much, but too much white background doesn't make it very easy for my eyes, either.

I loved the old presentation so I guess it will take me a little time to get used to this !

Looks good! I'd also love to see a burgundy and imperial purple version. ;)

Thank you for this great face lift! just came back after a few weeks and was happily surprised, I thought I was entering a new site! Good job!

:previous:
A burgundy version was looked at in the early days of planning but was too dark.
Here's a snippet:

Attachments

• TRF Burgundy.jpg
    TRF Burgundy.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom