Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to say that while I think that this is the right decision, and although I think that she should have made that decision in the first instance, I am dissappointed in Camilla. For two reasons, number one, by doing this she is making it more of a spectacle than need be, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I am dissappointed because while I thought her going was a bad decision, I found it admirable that she was able to make that decision, knowing the controversy it was likely to cause. I am dissappointed because she does not have the courage to stand by her decision. I think that once she made the decision it was her decision and she should have kept it.

Her doing it this way has made her take a step back in the positive forward movement that she had made for me.

Anyway, again, just my opinion.

It's possible that this wasn't her decision. If the Queen's advisors decided that she shouldn't go, there may not be much she could do about it. And of course she's the one who'll take the blame for attracting so much press attention (as though she actually wanted it!) and then being a coward at the last minute.

I'm kind of getting sick and tired of heaing that Diana fans are against Camilla attending the memorial. I AM a Diana fan and I AM NOT against Camilla going. PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla. :flowers:

I am so sad that all the uproar has caused HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (who is not only the current Princess of Wales, but also stepmother to the children of the late Princes of Wales) to decide against attending this event. What galls me is that she planned to attend because the boys wanted her to do so--and people in the "Diana Circle" really showed theirselves to be vindictive and unrespectful of the boys feelings. Honestly, I doubt if Diana would want to be associated with such a rude group of people. What also annoys me is the role which the press and entertainment industry has played in this situation. If there had not been a constant barrage of articles about the topic designed to incite anger and "moral outrage" then the memorial could have potentially remained low-key. Not to mention insipid movies like "The Murder of Princess Diana" all over the networks.--once again, all designed to be released on the eve of the anniversary of her death. These articles and movies are designed to achieve ratings, improve circulation and ultimately make money for people who are not associated with Diana, Princess of Wales. It is reprehensible that these profit making antics have been aimed at the Duchess, who was only trying to honor the wishes of her step-sons. Perhaps the time has come to separate the two woman.

I'm kind of getting sick and tired of heaing that Diana fans are against Camilla attending the memorial. I AM a Diana fan and I AM NOT against Camilla going. PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla. :flowers:

I think most of the people here do understand the difference between Diana's fans in general and the Diana Circle types for whom the only good Duchess of Cornwall is a dead Duchess of Cornwall. However, they're probably just referring to "fans" because they words they really want to use would be against TRF rules.;)

Oh Jesus Christ, after all this bad press over several months, the Duchess of Cornwall does this???? Do they think they really think this action is going to put Camilla in the good graces of all the people who didn't want her to be there to begin with?

Now the tabloids have achieved a monumental victory. They can jerk the Royal Family's chain whenever they want by mounting an enormous propaganda campaign against whoever and whatever they want and the British Royal Family has for the second time in ten years shown themselves blubbering and spineless against the machinations of an angry mob.

I have no hope for the future of the British Monarchy any more, Charles as a King is done and over with before he begins and William is not going to be ready when his time comes.

Its basically over for the Windsors in my opinion and after following them since the 70s, it pains me greatly to say this.

Let Richard Kay and James Whitaker choose the next monarch. They seemed inordinately pleased with themselves that they chose Diana for Charles. I'm sorry but I'm incredibly angry at all the Windsors right now. :angry:

Last edited:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

All I can say is that I think the Royal Family would be a darn sight better served if they took their advice from the TRF regulars than from the idiots they're using at the moment. Honestly, can't any of these people see what this means for the longer term, or has the Royal Household been infiltrated by republicans?

put it this way, when i die, i make sure that in my will, i will state it very carefully that my husband's mistress must never attend my furneral/memorial... i don't want to see when even when i am dead!
How strange, when I die I want my husband to be happy and if that includes inviting his new wife or wives to my memorial service, the more the merrier! :lol:

I think most of the people here do understand the difference between Diana's fans in general and the Diana Circle types for whom the only good Duchess of Cornwall is a dead Duchess of Cornwall. However, they're probably just referring to "fans" because they words they really want to use would be against TRF rules.;)

Lol yes, I think also :D. But sometimes it bothers me that some members think that beause we like Diana we aren't able to appreciate Camilla, that we think she's evil in person. And it's really embarassing because if they know you're a Diana fan, you can't make any critics on Camilla. They will think right away that you say that because you like Diana even if you've justified your critic.:neutral:

Oh Jesus Christ, after all this bad press over several months, the Duchess of Cornwall does this???? Do they think they really think this action is going to put Camilla in the good graces of all the people who didn't want her to be there to begin with?

Now the tabloids have achieved a monumental victory. They can jerk the Royal Family's chain whenever they want by mounting an enormous propaganda campaign against whoever and whatever they want and the British Royal Family has for the second time in ten years shown themselves blubbering and spineless against the machinations of an angry mob.

I have no hope for the future of the British Monarchy any more, Charles as a King is done and over with before he begins and William is not going to be ready when his time comes.

Its basically over for the Windsors in my opinion and after following them since the 70s, it pains me greatly to say this.

Let Richard Kay and James Whitaker choose the next monarch. They seemed inordinately pleased with themselves that they chose Diana for Charles. I'm sorry but I'm incredibly angry at all the Windsors right now. :angry:
Dear ysbel,
The execution of the British Royal family by tabloids and other means of mass media is just amenities of freedom of opinion and expression, nothing else really.

Last edited:
I think whoever the Firm has had advising them in this should be sacked without delay. It's a worse debacle than the "where's my wedding?" one of two years ago, and it was entirely preventable. Unecessary harshness on both sides of the equation have exacerbated an impossible situation, and the advisors on this matter to Charles and Camilla should be bundled out the back door with a boxed lunch and a check for their remaining vacation time.

i agree heads should roll, although the boys planned the event, why someone didn't see the pitfalls ahead (shaking my head) i'm sorry for the pain and frustration the princes must feel and i imagine charles is just plain angry at all the poison directed at his wife. she shows caring and class trying to steer the topic back to diana but would have been better served by her advisors to have done this weeks ago. i think she was going to support her family because they invited her and wanted her there and would have been respectful and dignified. i have a feeling her womans intuition knew it was a bad idea but didn't want to let down her family and the advisors exerted pressure (which leads me to wonder about their agenda) so she was going. this has been a hard time for all of them, sadly when the focus should have been on the purpose of the memorial- Diana.
does camilla use the princes advisors or have her own? she needs to have people around her that are out for her best interest and i wouldn't think the toadies of the prince were the ones to trust when they no doubt have personal agendas (i wouldn't trust them at all in her shoes). i hope we hear of some firings for this fiasco it does seem to me to have been preventable.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

All I can say is that I think the Royal Family would be a darn sight better served if they took their advice from the TRF regulars than from the idiots they're using at the moment. Honestly, can't any of these people see what this means for the longer term, or has the Royal Household been infiltrated by republicans?

Thanks Elspeth. I think the Royal Household has been infiltrated by Tony Blair's old advisors who can't see past the end of their nose (or past this month's opinion polls).

I have feel that the publication of the letter from Clarence House and the quite harsh words from Rosa Monckton are the final straw for Camilla to decide not to attend. Young princes want to be there to remeber their mother and they want their stepmother to be there. She accpeted because she wanted to honour their decisions despite she haboured her doubts. I love Camilla more after this difficult situation because she does often put her own feelings behind her beloved people'e needs.. She is really a great woman IMO and I hope that she can find her way to smooth her feelings on that day.

Last edited:
It's such a shame these so called fans and press can't allow the Wales family to move on with their lives. If the situation was reversed with Charles being given the memorial, the same press would make a big deal if Diana didn't bring her latest squeeze and trumpet up what she would have worn. The hypocracy! At least for the Duchess, by Saturday, another page will have turned in her royal life. I'm sure she has her own friends to be there to support her. This just make me think that she must have really love her prince to put up this kind of non-sense.

BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace, I want a President where this sort of thing won't be an issue. Good riddance to the lot of them. The House of Windsor could have used Camilla as the great asset she has the potential to be, instead, they've shoved her aside so that Diana worshippers can revel in her exclusion and it makes it me sick to the pit of my stomach when I think that we're to be treated to the gloating and carping on by imbeciles who will now think that Camilla bows to Diana. It's sickening. The whole institution has been tainted, it now has to bow and scrape to nutters and I can't see that doing any good for anyone. It's time for a President because the Monarchy has well and truly served it's purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sad indeed.I can already hear some "fans" saying that the Duchess decision is a snub toward Diana's memory.
All this situation is a total nonsense...

PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla. :flowers:
Unfortunately, most of them are, even the word 'fan' denotes a fanatic. I tried suggesting calling supporters, admirers, but that went down like a lead balloon. Some really are over the top though and as Elspeth said, what we would like to call them is not allowed! I hasten to add, I don't hold you in this category. :flowers:

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace
BeatrixFan, you can't mean it! :eek: What we need is a campaign to close down The Dirty Mail and writers like Kay. We also need the police to do a little harrassing of known Dicycle supporters!

I think Camilla could do with one of your lovely letters, showing that you support her regardless of the actions of a few misguided souls. :angel:

Lol yes, I think also :D. But sometimes it bothers me that some members think that beause we like Diana we aren't able to appreciate Camilla, that we think she's evil in person. And it's really embarassing because if they know you're a Diana fan, you can't make any critics on Camilla. They will think right away that you say that because you like Diana even if you've justified your critic.:neutral:
I wouldn't worry about it! It's a 2-way street from what I can see.

Ultimately I think she made the right decision, I just wish she'd made it when first invited. There's been so much hype and speculation that as a result the memorial service itself has been forgotten.

Moreover I don't think it's such a huge deal that William and Harry invited her in the first place, they had to. To exclude her from the very beginning would have reflected badly on them.

No, I do actually mean it. I still like the Queen and I still like Camilla but I just don't support the institution anymore. And I'd be more than happy to send Camilla a letter of support but it wont change what's happened. She's been forced to bow before a lobby that has no idea of how a monarchy has to work and if that has to happen everytime, I think it'd be better for us all if we put everyone out of their misery and allow Charles and Camilla to play countryfolk as they want to, let those boys play Casanova-pop star which they want to and give the UK something better.

My heart and my thoughts are with The Duchess.

Bless her. The darling.

:neutral:

Last edited:
BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace, I want a President where this sort of thing won't be an issue. Good riddance to the lot of them. The House of Windsor could have used Camilla as the great asset she has the potential to be, instead, they've shoved her aside so that corpse worshippers can revel in her exclusion and it makes it me sick to the pit of my stomach when I think that we're to be treated to the gloating and carping on by imbeciles who will now think that Camilla bows to Diana. It's sickening. The whole institution has been tainted, it now has to bow and scrape to nutters and I can't see that doing any good for anyone. It's time for a President because the Monarchy has well and truly served it's purpose.

you can have my president:D
Charles 'hijacks' Diana memorial | the Daily Mail
this is interesting and i took my grain of salt but it could explain the pr fiasco.
i'd be surprised camilla wanted to go, she's a smart woman she knows what she's up against (i'm beginning to think she doesn't have any friends in the princes office jmho) one of the reasons i've come to admire her so much is her dignity and down to earth support of her husband and stepsons as her first priority (and i consider myself a diana fan).
i've never seen her try to take the spotlight or seem to be trying to grab attention, all this circus isn't a reason to become a republican it was all to make $$$$$$ on 2 young mens mothers dead body, (capitalism).
the duchess couldn't win either way, looking at the overall picture i'm not sure in the end it was really about her, the stories wouldn't have been much different with a different headline "camilla not welcome/invited to memorial service" or "camilla refuses invitation to memorial service". there would have been 40 pages with the same arguements. i don't live in the UK so i suppose my opinion isn't much but this seems to be an underlying current of many forces i don't understand. the sooner this is over the better! Long live the Queen.

Of course it's a reason to become a republican. What next? At the coronation are we going to hear that Camilla's chosen to wear a Diana mask so that her fanatic admirers can imagine it's Diana sitting there instead? At State Banquets, are we to make Camilla wear a name tag that says, "Unworthy". This is symbolic of the way the Windsors have become - they've bowed to the press and the uneducated. They've lowered themselves and the institution and in my opinion, Diana has now succeeded in being the key cause in totally destroying the British monarchy.

Unfortunately, most of them are, even the word 'fan' denotes a fanatic. I tried suggesting calling supporters, admirers, but that went down like a lead balloon. Some really are over the top though and as Elspeth said, what we would like to call them is not allowed! I hasten to add, I don't hold you in this category. :flowers:

Thanks Skydragon. I appreciate that you agree that some are different :flowers:. I've never seen the point of taking it on Camilla. I guess people just wanted to 'materialized' all the sadness of Diana in a person : Camilla (which is the most silly thing I've ever heard since Diana was already not quite happy before even knowing Prince Charles.) And her death increase this hatred to a point that today, like BeatrixFan said, the RF can't do anything about it. I think these loonies don't understand that what they're doing is damaging Princes William and Harry.

I commend the Duchess of Cornwall's decision and actions.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
starting already fox headline "Royal Snub"
perhaps it wasn't a question of the institution bowing to pressure as camilla putting her foot down and saying "not going, end of discussion." as an outside observer from across the pond it hasn't changed my opinion of the monarchy so much as made me question the integrity of the royal "advisors"
imo this has shown how dignified and strong camilla is and how much she loves her husband and stepsons and wanted to support them. this makes the "diana cult" look bad, if they really loved her they would never cause her sons pain like this, they should be ashamed.

I really don´t understand this decision. Charles and Camilla had come through so hard times and had to face so many hostilities. And especially Camilla stood there with grace and never faded. And now? A memorial service about one hour! 2 days of good and bad press and it would be over!
Or where there security reasons? May be she got murder threats.

I´m very sad to hear now that Camilla will not attend. I can understand her reason and i think it was a hard way for her to decide, but i belive it is the wrong decision: wrong for the Wales Family, wrong for the Royal Family, wrong for the Monarchy.

And i´m sad that it is ten years after the death of Diana not possible to have a church service in dignity and peace. But after reading some posts in this thread i can not expect that there will be peace in 20 or 30...years. What a sad world is that????

My thoughts and my heart and my love are with The Duchess of Cornwall. She will go her way also without attending this service and we should never stop to give her our support!

Thank God for good friends speaking out! Rosa would know the Princess feelings at that time of her death about Charles and Camilla. I think if Diana lived she would have accepted Camilla as Charles's wife.

It is a memorial service for Diana and Camilla's present would have over shadow the service. I think Camilla knows deep down that there was THREE PERSONS IN THE WALES' MARRIAGE! She is a member of the RF and has done nothing wrong thing since marrying Prince Charles. This in my opinion this shows she is a wise person and does not want to do anything wrong by attending the memorial. Even the Queen did not want her to attend. She will make a good Queen some day because of her common sense.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom