Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pictures of the lovely Queen Rania. My personal view on what she wears is she might of made few mistakes by choosing something like other memebers said is out of her character, but shes only human and as human beings we are allowed to make mistakes cos no ones ever perfect!!

She always wear something of estern style which suits her alot, Nice pictures Humera well done :)

Thank you micas and Nad25

Now some pictures of Rania's gala outfits from 2002. That was a great year to see Rania in formal dresses because she wore so many of them, more than usual/compared to other years.

June 17, 2002 - Red Cross Gala in London
Dress by Gaultier

September 2002 - Milan
Dress by Armani

October 20, 2002 - Rome

October 22, 2002 - State visit to Germany
Gaultier dress

November 12, 2002 - New York
Elie Saab dress
As some people have already remarked, this dress does remind one of choclate!

November 13, 2002 - New York

December 2, 2002 - Versailles Gala
Dress by Gaultier

September 30, 2002 - Another gala at Versailles, this time for the Jordan River Foundation
Dress by Elie Saab

November 2002 - Arab Women's Summit

Another Elie Saab dress and it happens to be my absolute favourite formal dress worn by Rania and I think one of the prettiest I have every seen. The embroidery is exquisite. Its a pity we've only seen her wear it once.
I dont think anyone makes her look more pretty and feminine than Elie Saab. His dresses always have that trademark eastern touch and workmanship that the gowns of other designers lack. Many, if not most, of Rania's formal gowns are designed by him so I think he just might be one of her favourite designers.

Last edited:
Another one of my favourites
July 2003 - Jerash festival

This is a beautiful dress, but I think that it is so beautiful that it may draw attention away from her speech. I thinnk it is more suitable for state dinners and such.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
September 30, 2002 - Another gala at Versailles, this time for the Jordan River Foundation
Dress by Elie Saab

This type of outfit is definitely more suitable for this type of event.
Also I have to say that QR looks alot better in her skin now than any of these past pics.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Beautiful lace and embroidery are a common feature in many of Rania's formal gowns.

Rania at a palestinian benefit in London - March 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the palestinian benefit is a smaller, more sober event compared to the Versailles galas which tend to be on the glamorous side.

Here's Rania at another palestian dinner in London, January 2003

Rania in Germany, February 2003, in a Marc Jacobs dress

wow, what i see here, is that her wedding ring?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Yes the palestinian benefit is a smaller, more sober event compared to the Versailles galas which tend to be on the glamorous side.

Here's Rania at another palestian dinner in London, January 2003

florawindsor said:
wow, what i see here, is that her wedding ring?

yes I think so, a simple gold band. She wears it often.

I wonder if she ever gets tired of dressing up fo the events...though it is her job.

julial said:
I wonder if she ever gets tired of dressing up fo the events...though it is her job.

she probably does. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, she said recently that she's more comfortable discussing issues than appearing at formal/state events.
Though most of her duties dont require dressing up in formal gowns

Rania during a trip to the US in October 2003

Dress by Dominique Sirop

Dress by Elie Saab...i dont have a picture of the entire dress

Queen Rania during the state visit to Sweden in October 2003.
Both dresses by Elie Saab.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
she probably does. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, she said recently that she's more comfortable discussing issues than appearing at formal/state events.
Though most of her duties dont require dressing up in formal gowns

I think at the beginning, she was happy to be able to dress up being a woman- but after a while, it gets old. It means that she graduated from being a fashion addict : )

I remember one famous woman(in her 60's) saying that she could not careless about fashion at all- I think it comes with age and maturity.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Dress by Elie Saab

I know not everyone likes flowers, but I am a flower person...Well, depending on the whole look, pattern, etc...Anyhow, I love this dress.

Rania's clothes are always stunning. Moreover as a muslim woman, her clothes are of the type that we all could copy if we wished to. She never looks inappapropriately dressed.

Little_star said:
Rania's clothes are always stunning. Moreover as a muslim woman, her clothes are of the type that we all could copy if we wished to. She never looks inappapropriately dressed.

I would agree with that, except for the dress she wore to CP Felipe's pre-wedding gala. But that was only once.
It cant be easy for her to make sure she doesnt dress inappropriately and yet she still ends up looking better than any royal woman.

Queen Rania in Dubai, April 2004 - wearing Givenchy

March 2004, Turkey - wearing Prada

September 2004 - Rania at the wedding of Farah Daghistani
This is my favourite formal dress worn by Rania last year. If someone knows the designer, please let us know.

At Prince Hamzah's wedding last year.
I'd also love to know the desinger of this dress....im guessing Elie Saab but I could be wrong

Rania wearing Elie Saab, at the second wedding reception for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, from the Spring/Summer 2003 collection

Last edited:
she is so photogenic. I do not think I would ever look so good! :eek: The height, for one...mmm....She is massively feminine.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
At Prince Hamzah's wedding last year.
I'd also love to know the desinger of this dress....im guessing Elie Saab but I could be wrong

After the jordanian wedding it was written in Norwegian press that Queen Ranias dress was from Dominique Sirop. Queen Sonja has this dress from Sirop, and you can see the similarities in the choice of fabric.

wow thanks for the pics everyone...she's so beautiful! i love the purple skirt she wore to Prince Felipe's wedding...or was it the pre-wedding dinner? well either way i'ts gorgeous...and i also love the dress she wore to Prince Hamzah's wedding...she's so lucky everything seems to look good on her!!! ^^

Larzen said:
After the jordanian wedding it was written in Norwegian press that Queen Ranias dress was from Dominique Sirop. Queen Sonja has this dress from Sirop, and you can see the similarities in the choice of fabric.

http://img253.echo.cx/my.php?image=cahwwvp90ak.jpg

it seems for me it is different kind of fabric I think it is just similar color

Someone asked earlier about the dress Rania wore to Felipe and Letizia's wedding last year, the white top with flowing long lavender skirt. It was by Givenchy Couture, IIRC. I think these pictures prove that she is absolutely stunning no matter what she wears, and I'm sure designers love the way she looks in their designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom