Queen Rania Picture Thread Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also i think rania carries herself very well which helps a lot. i've never seen her slouching or not looking elegant. she knows how to present herself.

Incas said:
Has anyone ever met Rania in person? I just wonder if she looks like her pictures. Some people are photogenic and is prettier in pictures. Others are reverse, prettier in person.
I've seen her once from very near,she looked better but much more thinner than her pix,you know in her pictures she looks fashinable and thats not equal to being beautiful.but I'm sure she was prettier than her pix.but about being stunning or glamorous....er,lets say i was shocked to know that she was a queen.I mean she was quite ordinary.

i saw her too , she was putting a lot of make up the foundation was a lot , and it was so ordniary i mean no body was shocked when they saw her ,

I wonder after looking at other pictures of Middle Eastern royalties, all the comments about the heavy makeups (it's quite obvious in her pictures), if that's just the way with most women in the ME region. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just curious if the local beauty preference is toward heavier makeup?

madonna23 said:
also i think rania carries herself very well which helps a lot. i've never seen her slouching or not looking elegant. she knows how to present herself.
I am gonna have to disagree here,well now Rania is soo elegant and very stylish but back in the 90's and when she first became Queen (99-2000) she was not elegant at all...Go back to the pics and see what I'm talking about.

I have to admit that she's changed alot now in terms of fashion and looks to the better of course :)

Incas said:
I wonder after looking at other pictures of Middle Eastern royalties, all the comments about the heavy makeups (it's quite obvious in her pictures), if that's just the way with most women in the ME region. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just curious if the local beauty preference is toward heavier makeup?

Not really,umm well I think in the Gulf and Iraq they do prefere heavy makeup , but as far as I know and probably all those at my age,wearing more makeup on daily basis makes u look cheap,U can't always wear heavy makeup,there are places that u can't do so. But in General in the ME Women love to make their eyes look bigger and wider by puttin on heavy makeup (smokey eyes...etc.)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
Not really,umm well I think in the Gulf and Iraq they do prefere heavy makeup , but as far as I know and probably all those at my age,wearing more makeup on daily basis makes u look cheap,U can't always wear heavy makeup,there are places that u can't do so. But in General in the ME Women love to make their eyes look bigger and wider by puttin on heavy makeup (smokey eyes...etc.)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E, when you refer to the Gulf, are you referring to SA? Thanks.

When I hear of the Gulf, I usually hear it referring the Gulf states like Bahrain and the UAE, more relaxed and cosmopolitan places in the Middle East. I don't know if that's what Trouble means in this instance though. But I've seen women from all over the Middle East in makeup, often heavy around the eyes like Trouble said lol.

does anyone have that pic of rania that was posted on one of these picture threads where she is at king hussein's memorial in london. it was a very nice picture --- and i think the member who posted it said it was her favorite pic. it was a close up and rania was wearing a white veil...

if anyone has it or knows where it is, can they please post it??? thanks :) :)

Even in Dubai, tough the women are veiled they have on heavy mak up it almost looks like they have painted their faces. They are also not hesistant about trying on bright colours.

since we're talking Rania's makeup, here are a few pics of her not wearing any.
I think we'll all agree that makeup, applied properly, makes every woman look better, not matter how beautiful she is naturally.
But like someone else mentioned on the previous page, it cant change one's features or facial bone structure. From these pics its evident that Rania has striking features naturally (except for her altered nose ofcourse), my favourite one being her eyes. Nothing's more pretty on a woman than big, beautiful eyes.

btw..this is something I just noticed from these pics, Rania's nose job is evident if you look at the bottom half of her nose, the skin on the top half is slightly lighter than the lower half. The difference is very subtle but its there (esp. the first, third, and last pic)
these pics are from the days and weeks after King Hussein's death (from Gettyimages, Corbis, fotomarktplatz)

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 7,108
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 2,810
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,674
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 1,666
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 1,030
~*~Humera~*~ said:
But like someone else mentioned on the previous page, it cant change one's features or facial bone structure. From these pics its evident that Rania has striking features naturally (except for her altered nose ofcourse), my favourite one being her eyes. Nothing's more pretty on a woman than big, beautiful eyes.
I agree. Plus, with her dark hair and eyes, she doesn't have to worry about looking washed out. It's like they're always wearing mascara lol, unlike us blondes. :(

I really like this picture for some reason. Forgot the source:

Attachments

• Rania.jpg
    Rania.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 2,126
Just wondering,how tall is Queen Rania?Thanks:)

I don't think she is as tall as everyone makes her out to be. I often hear her described as tall in articles, but the only person she seems to tower over is her husband, and he's tiny period. I don't know the exact measurement though, I've always been curious. :)

Alicky said:
I agree. Plus, with her dark hair and eyes, she doesn't have to worry about looking washed out. It's like they're always wearing mascara lol, unlike us blondes. :(

I know.
I've had people ask me if im wearing mascara or eyeliner when Im not wearing either.

I'm jealous! I practically wear mascara in my sleep. At least I get asked if I wear contacts a lot. Better than nothing! :p :)

i think rania still looks nice without make-up and like humera said, she has pretty eyes.

i think she's very attractive --- more so with make-up, but she still looks nice even without it. plus, i love her smile. she's got a really fabulous one.

Last edited:
I have a question, is queen rania'skin is naturally smooth & radiant, or the make up is making it look so, or is it today's technology?

well you can clearly see her skin in the pics where she's not wearing makeup. She has naturally good skin, also evident from the pictures I've seen of her when she was a princess. Besides, she's only in her early 30s. These days women in their late 40s and even 50s look fabulous. If Rania maintains her skin this way she'll look good for a very long time to come.

I've never thought of Rania's make-up as "heavy". If anything it's the complete opposite and usually looks sheer and flawless.

I have, a lot of red and pink lips and smokey eyes, during the day too. I think I've seen false eye lashes too. I like it, I think it looks good. And I like her jawline. I think it's one of her best features, a jawline can really make or break a face.

Incas said:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E, when you refer to the Gulf, are you referring to SA? Thanks.

NO to the gulf in General,Kuwait,KSA,Oman,Bahrain,Qatar,UAE.
Y u asking though?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
since we're talking Rania's makeup, here are a few pics of her not wearing any.
I think we'll all agree that makeup, applied properly, makes every woman look better, not matter how beautiful she is naturally.

btw..this is something I just noticed from these pics, Rania's nose job is evident if you look at the bottom half of her nose, the skin on the top half is slightly lighter than the lower half. The difference is very subtle but its there (esp. the first, third, and last pic)
these pics are from the days and weeks after King Hussein's death (from Gettyimages, Corbis, fotomarktplatz)

lol she's not wearing any?!? look well ;)
make-up artists know how to make a women look natural as if she doesn't wear makeup,this is the case in those pics of Rania,If she didn't wear any makeup she would look soooo pale (not only her any women )because a camera usually gives the pale look,so a lil bit blusher,some very light lipstick and a very natural "foundation" she would look perfect and without any makeup ;) Ask me I know alot about makeup,i've seen ALOT!
lol

polop said:
Just wondering,how tall is Queen Rania?Thanks:)

My Aunt met her in Person,she told me she isn't as tall as she looks in pics and on TV so she's about 5"5 (168cm).

"lol she's not wearing any?!? look well ;)
make-up artists know how to make a women look natural as if she doesn't wear makeup,this is the case in those pics of Rania,If she didn't wear any makeup she would look soooo pale (not only her any women )because a camera usually gives the pale look,so a lil bit blusher,some very light lipstick and a very natural "foundation" she would look perfect and without any makeup ;) Ask me I know alot about makeup,i've seen ALOT!
lol"

Those photos are from the King Husseins' funeral and the days following, I think there were more pressing matters than make-up artists that needed to be dealt with.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
lol she's not wearing any?!? look well ;)
lol

im sure you have and so have i. Trust me, living where I do I get to see all the latest techniques and tricks for makeup used in Hollywood. And thanx to our shopping channel we get to buy all those products.
In the pics you're referring to, there's no makeup on Rania or one wouldn't see the natural variations of colour in Rania's skin (even the lightest foundation evens out skin tone). Infact in some of pics her skin looks very pale, there's no blush, and her eyes are almost swollen, from the crying obviously. She wore subtle makeup to King Hussein's London memorial, now that was obvious.

Last edited:
Just a question.I really wasn't very big on following the Jordans royal family in the early days, so can someone please tell me why was King Husseins Memorial was being held in London????

there was a special foreign memorial held in london after the official one held in amman. i think it was so that all the foreign dignitaries could pay tribute and because of the special relationship King Hussein had with Britain.

but it is sort of odd...i don't know of any other leader who had an official memorial outside of his country but i may be wrong.

madonna23 said:
there was a special foreign memorial held in london after the official one held in amman. i think it was so that all the foreign dignitaries could pay tribute and because of the special relationship King Hussein had with Britain.

but it is sort of odd...i don't know of any other leader who had an official memorial outside of his country but i may be wrong.

Couldn't the foreign dignitaries pay their tributes in Jordan? Anyways I appreciate your answer above!:) ;)

polop said:
Couldn't the foreign dignitaries pay their tributes in Jordan? Anyways I appreciate your answer above!:) ;)

The memorial ceremony in London was 'hosted' if that is the right word, by the London based the Anglo Jordanian Society, of which Prince Hassan is founder and President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom