Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: July 2013 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound snobbish but she was born a noble woman. she never had to learn decorum and poise or how to act among that' set. I believe her and Stephanie of Luxembourg are the only consorts who can claim that at the moment.

yes, I do have a girl crush on her, lol

Yes, that does sound snobbish and, IMO, not correct.

She looks wonderful!

What a absolutely stunning dress. Beautiful color. Mathilde looks very regal.

Question: Doesn't this dress looks like the pink dress she wore at the dutch investiture but in blue?

Question: Doesn't this dress looks like the pink dress she wore at the dutch investiture but in blue?

It does indeed look quite similar, but it's not quite the same dress, the main difference is the upper part, I've made a montage for you to compare :flowers:

** Dresses **

Thank you iceflower, yes they are very similiar indeed, only the upper part is slight diferent.

The only thing about the new dress that is nice is the color. The design is very similar to what she already has. The cut seems unflattering and shapeless. There is nothing interesting or different going on with the dress.

It's nice but nothing special. Hardly an evening dress in my book. :cool:

This thread is really "clothes worn in the evening" - she was attended events after 18:00 on inauguration day.

ITs a lovely day dress :)

I love the dress. so simple and yet so elegant. I think that's the reason why I like her sense of fashion...I'm so not into sparkles and excess.and this pictures she reminds me a lot of a portrait of Queen Astrid ... both timeless elegance and beauty

The Queens and Princesses seem to be wearing a lot of this color. It really looks lovely and so regal. I hate that I cant wear it. It looks awful with my coloring...

stephanievl said:
New portrait of Queen Mathilde wearing a blue evening dress and for the first time as Queen with the 9 province tiara.

Full Vieuw - Close-up

Queen Mathilde looks lovely, her dress is very nice. I love that shade of blue!

Queen Mathilde looking great in a very nice cocktail dress in a dark shade of pink at the Global Compact Leaders Dinner at the Museum of Modern Art on September 19.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Mathildes earrings look very pretty. Are they new? I also love her dress and the colour. I just think if she wore different heels like strappy heels it would've given it a nicer overall look.

Fabulous! What a spectacular color and texture, looks like wool crepe, and it looks as though there is something flying off the back? Wish we could see more pictures.
I love her hair and earrings!!

Queen Mathilde looking great in a very nice cocktail dress in a dark shade of pink at the Global Compact Leaders Dinner at the Museum of Modern Art on September 19.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

The dress is pretty in a very beautiful colour. Not a fan of the shoes.
Any idea what is that thing in the back of the dress?

September 25, 2013 - Mathilde in a recycled beige dress with a black strapped attending a concert.

Not too fond of the fit of the dress but the heels are quite nice.

Side/full view 1 ** Front view

Last edited:
:previous:
The whole look is all right. I liked the hairstyle.

Never really liked that dress.

I don't like the shoes but have always loved this dress.

She looks very good.
Don't know why Her Majesty is recycling a lot these days.

She looks very good.
Don't know why Her Majesty is recycling a lot these days.

Why not? She clearly has a well stocked wardrobe, she may as well get the most use out of them.

Why not? She clearly has a well stocked wardrobe, she may as well get the most use out of them.
Sure she does have a great wardrobe and I love most of them and I love to see her in all of them . But now that she is queen I would like to see her in new outfits.

Sure she does have a great wardrobe and I love most of them and I love to see her in all of them . But now that she is queen I would like to see her in new outfits.

It's not like Belgium's royals are going to go the way of Louis XVI, but they do have to be cautious of recent publicity regarding their finances.

Well,as long as she is reusing the dresses that are pretty, I do not object;-) CP Letizia has a few great dresses she has worn many times and I still love to see them every time she decides to wear them for an official event!
There are a few outfits and dresses I am not fond of - I would not miss them if they "disappeared" in the back of her wardrobe, but the beige dress is quite nice IMO :)
The bad thing for the royal ladies nowadays is that no matter what they wear, someone will critisize them...I often read that CP Mary or Q. Rania are bashed for wearing too expensive brands and spending too much money on their outfits, while at the same time people expect other royals to buy more clothes and wear more expensive stuff! (e.g. Duchess of Cambridge is often questioned for wearing bijoux and low-priced clothes)
I would also like to add that I wish to see them wearing more fair trade and "green" fashion (meaning garments that are produced sustainable and without unhealthy chemicals etc.) :D This said,it must be quite difficult fot the royal ladies to wear the right type of clothes and live up to everybody´s expectations....

It's not like Belgium's royals are going to go the way of Louis XVI, but they do have to be cautious of recent publicity regarding their finances.
Oh yes, you are absolutely right. I forgot that every step the BRF takes is under extremely watchful eyes.

Well,as long as she is reusing the dresses that are pretty, I do not object;-) CP Letizia has a few great dresses she has worn many times and I still love to see them every time she decides to wear them for an official event! There are a few outfits and dresses I am not fond of - I would not miss them if they "disappeared" in the back of her wardrobe, but the beige dress is quite nice IMO :) The bad thing for the royal ladies nowadays is that no matter what they wear, someone will critisize them...I often read that CP Mary or Q. Rania are bashed for wearing too expensive brands and spending too much money on their outfits, while at the same time people expect other royals to buy more clothes and wear more expensive stuff! (e.g. Duchess of Cambridge is often questioned for wearing bijoux and low-priced clothes) I would also like to add that I wish to see them wearing more fair trade and "green" fashion (meaning garments that are produced sustainable and without unhealthy chemicals etc.) :D This said,it must be quite difficult fot the royal ladies to wear the right type of clothes and live up to everybody´s expectations....
You are right, there is always a complain about everything royals do?. It is very good that most royals recycle their clothes, telling us that we also can do that instead of buying more. The reason I said why Her Majesty is recycling is because she is doing it very often currently, and I haven't seen her do it this much for a while.
And Green Fashion is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom