Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stay keep it to the jewels, as this is not the fashion thread.

I love that the chose emeralds for one evening and rubies for the other. Green and red, for the Portuguese flag.
Has anybody seen a close up of the brooch in her hair? Because I haven't, and I'm not sure which one it was.

The Queen wears diamonds on her long hait . Are they pictures.
Great Choice of Rubies.

Maxima's tiara apprearncse of 2017:

1 2 3 4 5

Last edited:
And, ladies and gentlemen, this is how the biggest royal magpie does it!
Five tiara appearances, five different tiaras and covering all the basics – diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald and pearl:clap:.

That ring is not a citrine ring but one with a rare orange diamond. At the moment there is an exhibition in The Hague by Steltman Jewellers (the royal jeweller) which has created the ring (designed by the then Prince of Orange) and they confirm the centre stone is an orange diamond, flanked by two big diamonds and kept together by a double band with diamonds: picture.

It is a parure: a diadem with a mirroring collier and other items like earrings, corsages, brooches, bracelets and rings. It is not the diadem worn as a collier:

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/d6/89/4f/d6894f0b69b1b78438332788764ddaed--royal-crowns-royal-jewels.jpg

Irene wore the collier without diamond-and-ruby base to let it flow on her neck. Máxima wore it with base, like Juliana in 1948: to wear it over a dress.

Queen Juliana:
https://www.alberttencate.com/TenCate/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/juliana.jpg

Queen Máxima:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/dd/b9/3b/ddb93b3f39af7474f1eed18e3e96c44b.jpg

https://www.alberttencate.com/TenCate/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/juliana.jpg

Last edited:
About the earrings: I wonder if Queen Máxima ordered the centre ruby stones to be replaced by diamonds?

With rubies

With diamonds

The two sets look different to me (in design) or is it only my eyes tricking me?

Last edited:
:previous: To me they look like two different pairs of earrings. The diamond petals of the ruby earrings look quite irregular, while the petals in the diamond earrings look very regular and symmetric.

I think that Maxima is the queen with the combination of the most flair, and the best jewelery box,(after QEII)

What a lovely surprise: a smaller version of the necklace of the Stuart parure. Let's hope to see it soon without HM's hair covering most of the diamonds.

I think that Maxima is the queen with the combination of the most flair, and the best jewelery box,(after QEII)

The best jewelry boxes you wil find in Sweden and indeed NL,that is if you look for class.If you look for big and out of touch,then peek in Aunt Lillibeths jewel box,most are horrid.But the small grand Lady makes one forget about that.:flowers:

What a nice idea (from Queen Máxima or the Court Jeweller ?) to remove the pendants and shorten the base of the collier into a choker. Under Queen Beatrix we seldom saw this sort of versatility with the jewels.

The hairdo and the dress did no justice to the choker which exists of big rectangle thickstone centre diamonds. It must have been magic in the muted light of the chandeliers and candelabras of Noordeinde Palace.

Last edited:
The necklace looks lovely in this altered setting! Good thinking, and nice to know that Maxima still likes playing with the baubles. I somehow want to believe that she has a bigger plan for slowly re-introducing the whole parure, step by step. Maybe, she already has option for the other pieces from the Stuart parure in mind? A smaller setting of the grand tiara might already be in the making. (Or at least I hope so.)

The best jewelry boxes you wil find in Sweden and indeed NL,that is if you look for class.If you look for big and out of touch,then peek in Aunt Lillibeths jewel box,most are horrid.But the small grand Lady makes one forget about that.:flowers:

Ooh, that is harsh. Some of Aunt Lilibets jewels, especially tiaras she has commissioned herself (aqua, ruby and sapphire) are a more acquired taste, but the bulk of the jewellery collection, IMO, is pretty classic. I am thinking crown Rubies, the George VI sapphire demi-parure, the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace, the 3 string collets, Queen Victoria's pearl and diamond necklace, the Brazilian aqua dem-parure, the South African diamond necklace and bracelet.....

Ooh, that is harsh. Some of Aunt Lilibets jewels, especially tiaras she has commissioned herself (aqua, ruby and sapphire) are a more acquired taste, but the bulk of the jewellery collection, IMO, is pretty classic. I am thinking crown Rubies, the George VI sapphire demi-parure, the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace, the 3 string collets, Queen Victoria's pearl and diamond necklace, the Brazilian aqua dem-parure, the South African diamond necklace and bracelet.....

I agree. The King George State Diadem, the Girls of Great Britain & NI, the "Cambridge" Lovers' Knot Diadem, there are really beautiful jewels in the collection, aside from a few quite ugly ones (but that is in the eye of the beholder). The British ladies are also not always honouring the jewels by giving it "supporting hair" like the Swedes do. Elaborate coiffures for elaborate jewels.

Please stay on topic! This thread is about Queen Maxima's jewellery. Further off-topic remarks about comparing the jewellery collections of other royal families will be removed without further notice.

Queen Máxima has not worn the Württemberg Ornate Diadem in full setting yet: see picture.

The last time it was worn in full setting was in 1982: see clip (at 0.27 min)

The last before that was Princess Beatrix in 1966, at her wedding: see picture.

The last time before that was in the 1950's, when Queen Juliana did host the British royals at a banquet in a London hotel: see clip

I think it is already so massive and with pearls, pffff, but id did not look too ugly on Juliana.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima has not worn the Württemberg Ornate Diadem in full setting yet: see picture.

The last time it was worn in full setting was in 1982: see clip.

The last time was Princess Beatrix in 1966, at her wedding: see picture.

The last time before that was in the 1950's, when Queen Juliana did host the British royals at a banquet in a London hotel: see clip

I think it is already so massive and with pearls, pffff, but id did not look too ugly on Juliana.

She has alwo not worn it in the between setting where only some of the top pearls are used. The last time it was worn like this was by then Queen Beatrix on 29.04.2013. But i think she has not often worn it in this setting.

Any pictures from the Diplomatic Reception yet?

Any pictures from the Diplomatic Reception yet?
We usually only get pics from the members of the RF when they are leaving the Royal Palace after the reception. So we will still have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom