Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Valentino,

Please make me one of those outfits. Love it! Is the necklace included?

That collier looks sparkling and modern, but it is 116 years old. It was a gift from the Dowager Queen Emma to her daughter Queen Wilhelmina for her marriage to Heinrich, Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, in 1901.
;-)

That collier looks sparkling and modern, but it is 116 years old. It was a gift from the Dowager Queen Emma to her daughter Queen Wilhelmina for her marriage to Heinrich, Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, in 1901.
;-)

Thanks- I assumed it was from the marvelous Dutch jewel vaults, but it does indeed look very modern.

I know most people might disagree,but i really really prefer the Peacock parure over the Mellerio ...;)
Me too! The peacock tiara is one of my favourite Dutch tiaras, while the Mellerio bores me a bit.
queen maxima at a Dinner in Wittenberg, Germany wearing the trellis-necklace , the diamond studs from Queen Wilhelmina's diamond earrings and what i think is one of the diamond bracelets that were made of the dismantled East Indies bracelet .
That necklace is very high on my list of favourites, but imo this outfit does not show it to advantage.

;-)

Yes, one of my favorites. It is called their Diamond Honey Comb necklace. The middle row contains the larger diamonds which can be replaced with Sapphires, Pearls, etc. Princess Irene favored wearing with pearls and have seen photos of Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix wearing with the Sapphires. Princess Margriet wore once in hair which gave a tiara type look. The only time I didn't admire was when Queen Wilhelmina attached additional pendants of large drop pears and diamonds. I thought took away the simple grandeur of the necklace. JMO

We have seen Queen Máxima in the diamond floral motif diadem of Queen Emma: http://hbznl.h-cdn.co/assets/16/45/980x653/gettyimages-621562718.jpg

Without the stars on top. Also Queen Beatrix has never worn it with stars on top. I only know it with stately portraits depicting Queen Wilhelmina.

But here on this picture it can be seem in action, worn in the royal loge during a concert. It looks better than I imagined. Click on the picture self to blow up to XL: http://www.geheugenvannederland.nl/...yODIxMDE1JnJvbGU9aW1hZ2Umc2l6ZT12YXJpYWJsZQ==

Last edited:
I am a Nostalgic of the Queens of the Past with their grand jewels without such a lot of make up.

Queen Wilhelmina certainly did not wear (much) make-up. And neither did princess Juliana before her marriage to Bernhard. Once princess Juliana -already an adult- had to appear on film, to request money for the national crisis comitee. It was suggested by the people resonsible for the recording that she would wear some make-up. Queen Wilhelmina refused and told them: "The princess will appear how God and I created her". And so she did...

Anyway, back to the diamond tiara: I find it an odd combination, flowers and stars. But I would love to see them together once to see take a better look.

Last edited:
Jewels , powder and lipstick . Make up was for Holywood.

All royal ladies used make-up, lipstick, powder. Think about Versailles, about Tudor times, the Romans... Think about the Chinese, Japanese and Persian ladies, covering their faces under make-up...

In this day, on more dressed-up events we see all ladies with heavy make-up. Seems normal to me: wearing evening toilet and sparkling jewels simply requires colour in the face, I think.

:previous:

Queen Wilhelmina once attached pearshaped pearl pendants to this trellis necklace, in combination with the Antique Pearl Diadem. I must say it looked quite impressive and absolutely an option for Queen Máxima to dazzle...

Picture (click on the picture itself to expand to XL): De dag wordt beëindigd met een galaconcert in het Concertgebouw. Staande luisteren de koningin en het prinselijk paar naar de kooruitvoering van het Wilhelmus - Geheugen van Nederland
On another note: which tiara is (then) Princess Juliana wearing here? It looks somehow like the laurel wreath tiara, but can that be? For all we knew, it wasn't seen worn by anybody before Princess Beatrix started to wear it.

Isn't it the rose-cut bandeau on a higher frame? She may have borrowed the tiara from her mother, as she did with other jewels too. At the time she probably only owned the Aquamarine parure, aquamarines from Bernhard, the diamond roses and the sapphire parure of Queen Emma.

Last edited:
:previous: You might be right about the rose-cut bandeau, but I thought that this one looks higher, and we have never seen it on another frame before.

Last edited:

The positioning of the bandeau is different, not the monture. It you look at modern side views of it being worn (for example by Máxima), you'll see the same curve visible as in the picture of young Princess Juliana.

BTW, there is not a single rose-cut diamond in this jewel, so I'm surprised that people still reffer to it as ''The (old) rose-cut diamond bandeau'', when it's cushion-cut diamonds that adorn it. ;)

I guess that 'rose-cut' just sounds so very lovely. So the name sticks to the tiara like glue. But a rose-cut looks decidedly different, and much more boring.

The flowing line of the tiara frame is what make it just so perfect, imo. It's no wonder that Maxima has worn it so often.

the ruby peacock parure necklace different forms .

I am impressed by the skills of Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co in Frankfurt, the creator of this parure in 1887. Like almost all Orange-Nassau jewels, also the versatility of this parure is ingenious.

the ruby peacock parure necklace different forms .
Interesting picture. :flowers: I think the necklace would also look nice if worn without the stiff upper part. Just the scroll elements and a centre piece. But I'm not sure it that is technically possible.

Interesting picture. :flowers: I think the necklace would also look nice if worn without the stiff upper part. Just the scroll elements and a centre piece. But I'm not sure it that is technically possible.

it is possible princess irene wore the necklace in that form , i think it looked more delicate that way .:flowers:

Queen Juliana and Queen Máxima wore the collier with the base on their dress' neckline. The stiff round base then corresponded with the round neckline. Princess Irene wore it on her skin. Then the removed base allows the collier to follow the ladies' contours. It is an ingenious piece.

queen maxima at a Dinner in Wittenberg, Germany wearing the trellis-necklace , the diamond studs from Queen Wilhelmina's diamond earrings and what i think is one of the diamond bracelets that were made of the dismantled East Indies bracelet .

It is interesting that in 1901 Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co was able to create such a fine piece of craftmanship, while only a few years earlier they created that bulky monstrosity, the Stuart Diadem, where any fine craftmanship, delicate settings and pleasing esthetics have been lost out of the eye. It is interesting that the very same jeweller can create such different eh... qualities in design.

it is possible princess irene wore the necklace in that form , i think it looked more delicate that way .:flowers:
Ah, thank you! I prefer that look, especially as it's worn on the skin. The version with the collar looks very stiff, imho.
It is interesting that in 1901 Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co was able to create such a fine piece of craftmanship, while only a few years earlier they created that bulky monstrosity, the Stuart Diadem, where any fine craftmanship, delicate settings and pleasing esthetics have been lost out of the eye. It is interesting that the very same jeweller can create such different eh... qualities in design.
Oh well. Doesn't that happen very often? Live is full of hits and misses. There are different people working on the designs, the customers order different styles, the designers have good days and not so good ones... The Stuart parure was created in order to dazzle by pure carat power. And that it does! I think we can agree on that.;)

Queen Máxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

Charlotte Lynggaard posted a picture of Maxima with her gypsy earrings on her instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/BQugaY_BE_4/

Lynggaard is a favourite of Mary.

didn't know where to put this picture so i'm gonna put it here this is a photo of the emerald parure brooch in it's different forms .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom