Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bejeweled Reign of Elizabeth II: The 2010s | The Court Jeweller

The Top Ten: Queen Elizabeth II's Legacy Jewels | The Court Jeweller

She has incredibly breathtaking jewels. They are elegant, beautiful, regal, majestic, and unforgettable.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Tiaras of Queen Elizabeth II

My overall favorite is the Girls of Great Britain tiara. I love all her other tiaras expect, the Five Aquamarine tiara, the Brazilian Aquamarine tiara, the Oriental Circlet tiara, and the Brumese tiara.

Sundays with the Queen: The Qatari Rubies | The Court Jeweller

This set is magnificent and incredibly regal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The George VI Sapphires and The Godman Necklace are magnificent jewels which I previously had not noticed either!

I don't like this set. Of course rubies is beautiful but especially the necklace have a shape i think its not flattering.

I didn't expect this tiara for tonight, but it looks spectacular!

Wasn't expecting Sapphires, but they do look great, and go with both the Queens Garter sash, and Mrs China's gown...

Tbh, I expected rubies. But this one hasn't bee seen in a long, long while. I know that she has worn it twice in 1996 in the Czech Republic and in Poland. But I'm not sure if those really was the last appearance, though I'm petty sure that it hasn't been seen for at least 5 years.

That set she wore last night was just stunning....

LaRae

Tbh, I expected rubies. But this one hasn't bee seen in a long, long while. I know that she has worn it twice in 1996 in the Czech Republic and in Poland. But I'm not sure if those really was the last appearance, though I'm petty sure that it hasn't been seen for at least 5 years.

The sapphire tiara was worn to a State Visit to France in the aarly 2000*s and then for one of the doplomatic receptions whre a photo or Video footage was released from around 2006 but not sure if it was that year.

The tiara the Queen wore to the banquet is spectacular and it just became one of my favorites. I really hopes she pulls it out again soon.

The DoC will look fabulous in that set when she's queen, if she ever wears them.

LaRae

The tiara the Queen wore to the banquet is spectacular and it just became one of my favorites. I really hopes she pulls it out again soon.

Not to take anything away from the Queen and how great she looked, but it helped IMO that the 4 main dignitaries were photographed together and were all in blue/black/white. That tiara/parure gets an assist from a non-competing color palette around it. You can notice the blue color popping then.

:previous: I would have to agree. And when it comes to State Banquets everything, and I do mean every little thing is nuanced to the finest degree.

The First Lady of China wore blue.

HM wore one of her ubiquitous White gowns against which lay the deep blue Garter Sash, which coincidentally looked amazing with the Modern Sapphire Tiara and the absolutely stunning George VI Sapphires. Leaving Catherine to complete the subtle Red, White and Blue with her gown.

Sweet!

Last edited:
I would love those in my jewelry box.

I can see me wearing those anytime any day of the week. Beautiful and stunning!

:previous: Terrific article. You've just got to love the exceptionally well-researched article on CHOGM and the jewels HM and the Duchess of Cornwall wore to the banquet.

And now for the Daily Mail version:

The Queen dazzles in a tiara at Commonwealth Heads of Government dinner in Malta* | Daily Mail Online

DM said:
Her Majesty looked resplendent in a dazzling diamond hoop design complete with emerald stones. The striking headpiece was paired with a complimenting set of stud earrings and an eye-catching necklace.
You've gotta watch out for those dazzling diamond hoops not to mention those emerald stones . . . :lol:

DM said:
. . . not to be outdone, Camilla turned heads in her grand head wear. Her tiara was covered in hexagon shapes encrusted with large circular diamonds.
Well at least she knows what a hexagon is . . .

Now that really has to be a ROFLMAO moment. Two minutes on google would have provided the required information. :bang:

^ There are so many wonderful sites devoted to Royal jewellery.
I know from Richard Palmer's Twitter page that male journalists sometimes have no clue as to the shades of different colours in Royal hats and dresses/coats and have to ask female colleagues, but you would think this woman would know better. Still, it is the Daily Fail, after all.

The Delhi Durbar necklace and the Vladimir tiara with the emeralds are amazing together and it was a pleasure to see them worn together again. :D Quite a magpie moment! Though the last time she wore this combination was the State Visit from Ireland in April 2014, so it is not such a long gap.

Though the last time she wore this combination was the State Visit from Ireland in April 2014, so it is not such a long gap.

Thats right, but it had nearly been a decade before that since the emeralds had last been used.

The Vladimir tiara and Delhi Durbar necklace is amazing together. Just in the specific appearance of the Queen I think that the necklace somewhere loses. Perhaps with this dress does not fit.

Thats right, but it had nearly been a decade before that since the emeralds had last been used.
In 2013 the Daily Mail had a Scottish themed Photoshoot with the Queen wearing the emerald version.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Queen of Scots and the Emerald Vladimir take a hike

But before that? I don't know when the last time before that photo shoot was, but maybe they only change the pendants once a decade or so?;):p
The Vladimir tiara and Delhi Durbar necklace is amazing together. Just in the specific appearance of the Queen I think that the necklace somewhere loses. Perhaps with this dress does not fit.
I missed a brooch. Without orders and brooch the white gown looked a bit liken an empty sheet of paper. The order star looked so forlorn on the ensemble. (Poor little thing, not having a comrade. :lol:)

Great to see the Cambridge emeralds out of the vaults again - its nice there has been a change up of tiaras the last few times other than the Girls of Great Britain.

Indeed incredible!!!! I love especially the brooches of the Queen and i like the way its always combines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom