Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the research, Artemisia, I like the Scottish symbolism and it's really a beautiful brooch.:flowers:

Did anyone recognise the brooch Queen Elizabeth wore today?
Looks like an amethyst and diamond brooch to me, and although I'm fairly certain it's not a new one, I've never seen it before.

This one does not appear often, but I have around 18 wearings recorded to date. And yes, it was a gift for opening the Tay Bridge. It is very pretty and not the usual blinding dazzle of some of the flashier brooches, but always nice to see and usually on something purple or mauve.

You are welcome, Baroness of Books and Jenafran. :)

This one does not appear often, but I have around 18 wearings recorded to date. And yes, it was a gift for opening the Tay Bridge. It is very pretty and not the usual blinding dazzle of some of the flashier brooches, but always nice to see and usually on something purple or mauve.
Thanks a lot for the additional information, GillW. :flowers:
The brooch is really lovely; not a single diamond in sight but still a very beautiful, delicate piece.
I'm really impressed by your record-keeping: after hours of research, I was only able to find three other occasions upon which Her Majesty wore this brooch.

...I'm really impressed by your record-keeping...
I've built up quite a database over the last few years & although it is not bang up to date, I'm still keeping an eye on things. Must catch up with it soon - but it's not far off...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be THE best when it comes to keeping us all up-to-date on Her Majesty's jewels and brooches, GillW!! Thank you for all of your hard work..it is much appreciated.

Love today's brooch, delicate and different. Thanks to all for the research and images, much appreciated!

Did anyone recognise the brooch Queen Elizabeth wore today?
Looks like an amethyst and diamond brooch to me, and although I'm fairly certain it's not a new one, I've never seen it before.

In 1960, The Queen opened the Queen's Bridge at Perth, Scotland.
And she was given a brooch - miniature flower bouquet with 7 amethyst buds surrounded by white and gold ferns and grasses and 12 freshwater mauve tinted pearls from River Tay.
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7355/broochamethistqeii.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8003/20040316000012221935odd.jpg
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8526/72102917.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9835/q13359911836420934.jpg

Thanks for the additional information and pictures, fa-fa! :flowers:
I definitely love this brooch; it's more delicate and even unmemorable compared to the Queen's more grand pieces, but still looks lovely in its own rights.

I'm not particularly enthralled by flower basket brooches, either, although the craftsmanship and stones are lovely.

I actually love this brooch. In fact, it is one of my favourites of the Queen.
The details are brilliant and the stones - gorgeous. Plus, it's quite a delicate piece suitable for both a young lady and a mature one.

Two of my favourites are:
- The Emperor of Austria Brooch
- The Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch
- The Cullinan VII and Cullinan VIII Brooch
- The Cullinan III and Cullinan IV Brooch (Granny's Chips)

- The Duchess of Cambridge Pendant Brooch
- Diamond, Sapphire and Pearl Brooch
- Diamond and Emerald Scroll Brooch
- Queen Mary's Emerald Brooch

I also love Queen Victoria's Bow brooches.
Then again, there are no pieces of jewellery belong to Her Majesty I actually dislike (the Aquamarine parure included).

Cropped and resized from larger images, and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
:previous:Yes, the Williamson is a beauty and I also love Queen Mary's Russian brooch as well as Prince Albert's sapphire brooch. I really like the colored brooches, thanks for posting these; and as you say, there are very few pieces that I actually dislike. The Russian brooch has such a lovely art deco design:

http://media-cache2.pinterest.com/upload/166633254932760687_q9vRMLaM_f.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely adore all of these pieces of jewelry. I am not one to where them, but my mother does. She is an avid collector!
I really like the Jardine star! It's fab!

They ALL take my breath away!! But I really love the Williamson pink diamond brooch.

A Different flower brooch (Vase style?)

I'm not particularly enthralled by flower basket brooches, either, although the craftsmanship and stones are lovely.

I prefer another flower container style one but this one of HMs has not been seen for many years:

These are cropped from much larger pictures, which is why the quality is not the best:

HMBroochsquarevasescan0003-1.jpg
HMBroochsquarevasescan-1.jpg

From what I can see, GillW, these are very nice designs. I like the vase style better than the basket; I think what I don't care about the basket is the handle. But, of course, that's my personal taste; all HM's brooches are very beautiful.

Thank you for posting these.:flowers:

:previous:I have to agree; it reminds me of a piece of petit point tapestry. I never thought I'd have a "meh" reaction to one of HM's brooches, but there's always a first.

I just saw a picture of the Williamson Pink brooch in Point de Vue en Images. WOW
they said she will be wearing it this summer?
It is a 24 carat pink diamond set she received as a wedding gift, set in a flower brooch.
I will search for an image

The Williamson brooch has to be my favorite. The perfect 23.6 carat pink diamond is just breath-taking in it's gorgeous setting.. Awesome!

The Williamson is almost painfully beautiful. The pink diamond is obviously a show-stopper in its own right, but Cartier complimented it so well with the setting.

The whole brooch is gorgeous, the pink diamond a real beauty, but I also love the baguettes in the stem and the marquise stones for the petals. I'm drooling as I'm typing.....

Last edited:
Thank you for all the images, especially the Royal Collection one.I can't wait to see it on HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom