Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 16: July-December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 8.11.2007

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Princess Royal meet His Excellency
President Vaclav Klaus, President of the Czech Republic and Mrs. Klausova
at Buckingham Palace.
---> Pic

The Queen meets The High Commissioner for Seychelles Mr. Claude
Morel and the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic, Mr. Juraj Zervanat
at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh today opened the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey.
From 2002 to 2005, the Queen used to stand in for her mother at this event, but it seems strange its been 2 years already that HM does not attend the event, and it is Prince Philip now, anyone knows why?

Pics 7.11.2007

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh payed a visit to the UK's
Defence Academy on 7 November 2007. The royal couple were
met by the Commandant of the College, Admiral Sir Ian Garnett,
who took them on a tour of the grand establishment in central London:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 4 *

Padon me for asking what may very well be a silly question but why isnt the Queen Wearing a Poppy?

Pics 12.11.2007

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh at a
reception for Commonwealth Africans in Buckingham Palace, London,
12 November 2007. The Duke of Kent appears in the background
of Pic 1.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of Kent appears in the background
of Pic 1.

Thanks for posting the pictures, iceflower. Really nice to see the Queen recognises the works achieved by the Commonwealth Africans. I think that not only the Duke of Kent attended, to add to your list, i think also in that picture 1, we can see the Duke is talking to his cousin, the Duke of Gloucester, and standing in the middle with some beards, i believe is Prince Michael of Kent.

I see that HM is no longer listed in the Future Engagements as going to the Commonwealth Heads of State meeting in Uganda - only Charles & Camilla. Did I miss something - has there beeen any announcements about this? I've never known her to miss one before?

I see that HM is no longer listed in the Future Engagements as going to the Commonwealth Heads of State meeting in Uganda - only Charles & Camilla. Did I miss something - has there beeen any announcements about this? I've never known her to miss one before?
It is not listed in the Future Engagements, but they are listed in the Events Highlights, Gill. I think they already put it on in the EH so would not put it again in Future engagement list, as it was the same to her Australian Visit last year.

It is not listed in the Future Engagements, but they are listed in the Events Highlights, Gill. I think they already put it on in the EH so would not put it again in Future engagement list, as it was the same to her Australian Visit last year.

Oh, thanks so much for that - I'd been looking forward to it! I'll try & remember that in future...
:flowers:

Are there any pictures of this years reception for the diplomatic corps, it seems strange there has been no picture around.

Are there any pictures of this years reception for the diplomatic corps, it seems strange there has been no picture around.
There have been no pictures at all of Her Majesty from any photo agencies. It is really strange, i do not know why Tim Graham does not cover this time as like they did last year.

Pics 14.11.2007

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Prime Minister of Slovenia, Mr Janez
Jansa, in the Private Audience Room at Buckingham Palace today --> Pic

And the Queen at Investitures at Buckingham Palace, again
lovely in royal blue :) --> Pic 1 ** Pic 2

The EU is proposing the Queen get a pay cut as a rich landowner. Apparently the British taxpayers are in favor of cutting subsidies to wealthy farmers but the government has blocked legislation whenever the Bill to cut subsidies has come up.

BBC NEWS | The Reporters | Mark Mardell

Well, it is only fair. This pay cut isn't exactly going to bankrupt the Queen is it?

The Queen will hold an investiture tomorrow and Zara Phillips will get her MBE

Pics 28.11.2007

Investitures by Britain's Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace,
London, 28 November 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive to attend a service of
thanksgiving today to mark the 50th anniversary of the rededication
of St. Bride's Church, Fleet Street - the spiritual home of journalists
from the UK and around the world, 28 November 2007

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 *

Pics 29.11.2007

Indeed, nice one you've chosen out of these, selrahc4 :flowers:

The pics from today - I love this colour on her in winter times :)

HRH Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh arrive
in the centre of Milton Keynes to visit 'thehub:mk' a newly built
mixed-use development with a central Piazza, on November 29,
2007 in Milton Keynes, England. Photos by Graham/Getty Images

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

iceflower said:
The pics from today - I love this colour on her in winter times :)
Obviously HM does too - My brooches database shows she has worn this "aubergine" outfit at least 9 times - and first wore it in October 2002!
(unless ayone knows other....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth right on trend in the festive season's hottest hue

Not only is purple the traditional colour for royalty, it's also the 'it' colour this season, enlivening the traditional winter palette of greys and blacks. And who better to show off the regal hue of the moment than Queen Elizabeth herself? The on-trend monarch captured fashion's current love affair with all things purple during a visit to Milton Keynes on Thursday.
She wore a deep purple coat with a glittering diamond bow brooch on the lapel and accessorised with a matching hat bearing a flourish of contrasting black feathers. The 81-year-old royal was accompanied by Prince Phillip, looking sprightly as ever at 86, on the visit to help the town celebrate its 40th birthday.

Pictures:
The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh

She always looks amazing. I love the color of her dress, the deep purple looks very classic.

Pics 3.12.2007

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II arrives for the 2007 Royal
Variety Performance at a theatre in Liverpool, England,
Monday Dec. 3, 2007.

Her Majesty looks lovely.
Cannot wait to see more pictures from the event.

Pics 4.12.2007

Here are some more from yesterday, Rice :flowers:
On the second pic you can see the Queen with Enrique
Iglesias and the third one is also interesting ;):)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here are some pics from today, the Queen receiving
some Ambassadors inside Buckingham Palace, 4 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom