Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: December 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article in the web, by journalist Carlos Herrera, he talk about the job of the Princess Letizia.

The translation is not very good, if anybody can improve it please do it

Blog » Carlos Herrera

Letizia knew to be where she had to be.

To be King is fantastic; to be Prince also; to be Princess is perfect: they cook for you, open the envelopes to you, you do not have to worry for the flushed lights, do not know the invoices of the gardener and do not have why to answer to the calls that you don´t want. But if it is true -they travel without doing tail in the airport, have the one who irons and prepares the clothes for them and are not in the habit of enduring the problem of the restaurants without free table-, also it will be justic to say what they do not have, that is not litlle: they can´t go where they want, cannot say always what they think, and they have to measure to the millimeter their personal relations.

And they cannot take, for example, sunglasses in the funeral for that one of never concealing their face from the foreign look: a King or a Princess, already sees you, must learn to control the emotions and not to camouflaging them after a few black lenses, as we do.
The most probable thing is that not all we cost for a work that is undoubted that is learned but that supposes not few mundane resignations: many of that are spoken by us with fascination of the world of the tapestries and tinsels we would be up to the mismísimo to a few days of having to give conversation to a German prince in a show of what is or of supporting seven public acts of doubtful attraction with the best of our smiles. The life, since we know, is another thing.

A president of Government or of any republic lasts tostones seemed, not with this intensity, but he knows that to a few years is going and is not going to have to be a slave forever, as the monarches who last, of the social viewing-point. The princess Letizia has had opportunity these days, precisely, of putting into practice the educations of these years: after the death of her sister she has had, as all, that to return to the office and to do it with the face of receiving visits that always have to put the Borbones and their boundaries

It has been an effective way of conquering reticent approvals: the agenda of work was taking her to a public act , I do not remind where, and the alone fact of seeing her in her function a few days after feeling sorry it in the precipice contained of Érika's funerales has allowed that her figure should grow to the eyes of many people.

In the same way that the King, saving the distances, confirmed the indissoluble attachment of the Spanish the night of 23-F, the Asturiana that was not born for Princess has obtained the affection of the same ones the day that she knew to be where she had to be.

Last edited:
I find this article quiet good the last sentence in spanish is well writing and I'm surprise that few comments are rising on this forum about it.

Many thanks Paty, to share with us this so clever article and doesen't mater if the translation isn't quiet accurate the sens is very clear and we have allways the possibility to read it in spanish or to make the translation by yourself.

Thanks again

Many thanks for your sweets words Adelaide!

fandesacs2003 said:
Hello
I found this article from hola
DOÑA LETIZIA INTERRUMPE SU DUELO Y REAPARECE EN EL SALÓN DE AUDIENCIAS

Did Letizia appeared out again? I'm not sure to understand, tht I think they are comparing an appearance of 23rd January, and another, after Erica's death, were she appeared sad.
Is that correct??

Thanks

Totally, at the single difference that it was the 22nd of january, but dosen't matter, Hola is not at an error more or less.

:wub:
adelaide said:
Totally, at the single difference that it was the 22nd of january, but dosen't matter, Hola is not at an error more or less.

Thanks a lot

I'm glad I understood well, my spanish is improving, thanks to the SRF :cool:

Oh what a great notice! Princess continues with her own agenda.

Very interesting this hearing with " Save the children " Fundation, it would be fantastic to know, after the hearing, what they talk obut.

Last edited:
Addicional Information for the next hearing of Princess Letizia with "Save the Children" Fundation. Text Source/Casa Real

The Foundation " Save the Children " is an entity without spirit of profit, which takes as a principal aim the defense and promotion of the rights of the Infancy, in the frame of the Convention on the Laws of the Child of United Nations.For it, it develops projects, such in Spain and abroad, in favor of the children in more disadvantaged situation, in the areas of education, health, nutrition, infantile work, prevention of the sexual abuse, reunification of the children with their families after catastrophes and wars, etc. It is integrated to the International Alliance " Save the Children ", which groups at present 29 organizations and takes to end tasks in more than one hundred of countries.

Save the Children " it was founded in 1919 by Eglantyne Jebb in London to help the million refugee and displaced children spread by Europe after the World War I. He is a consulting member of the Economic and Social Council of United Nations, and it´s task has been recognized by important awards, as the Prize Prince of Asturias to the Concord in 1994 or the Nobel Prize on the Peace in 1997, for its participation in the world campaign against the antiperson mines.

SAVE THE CHILDREN ESPAÑA

I think she could do more solo events because in my opinion she has now more strengh and she is more in the public eye than her husband, so I think the Royal House of Spain could get some credit for this!

Many thanks Paty, for you additional informations. I went as you on
SAVE THE CHILDREN ESPAÑA !!!

One word : TERRIFIC ! Yes we forget allways how terrific are some "customs" whixh are yet practised.

The subject is vey important, the fact that now the Princess of Asturias has to take of this association it's a very good point because as we can see, all that she is doing is watching a lot, we can thing that with her help, some more people can realise how barbare are this practices.

Not very funy but very important job! At the same level that the microcredit in an other field.

biboquinhas said:
I think she could do more solo events because in my opinion she has now more strengh and she is more in the public eye than her husband, so I think the Royal House of Spain could get some credit for this!

I think that the Real House of Spain is doing everything perfectly and very
intelligently.
Prince Felipe and princess Letizia are very appreciated and people like to see them together,they really do a magnificent work!;)

Lauritas138 said:
I think that the Real House of Spain is doing everything perfectly and very
intelligently.
Prince Felipe and princess Letizia are very appreciated and people like to see them together,they really do a magnificent work!;)

Of course and I'am, not critising that!I just want to say that now IMO Princess letizia is able to produce more publicity than Prince Filipe, so I think they should benefit from this and put her in more solo events!

Last edited:
Letizia looks amazing today! I love her outfit, and what an amazing smile. :wub: She's getting really big, I wonder when we can expect the baby infantita.

letizia look radiant!

23-03-2007 Princess Letizia smiles as she receives in audience several representatives of the Foundation "Save the children", in Madrid, Spain.

PPE Agency Princess

Thanks for pictures. Letizia looks beautiful and I like her coat, too!

Lovely coat and lovely meeeting... Letizia looks so gorgeus

Finally a big smile ! She looks much better than she has for months! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom