Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Harry would almost certainly have told his brother and Kate and his father, ahead of time, as well as his grandparents.

Look, IMO the media goes with anything that produces clicks and which sells. The 'controversy' over the announcement at the reception helped guarantee quite a few clicks for the tabloids I think, which went on for days, until it was stopped by Eugenie's Like in the Meghan fan page, which was widely reported.

However, the media goes ultimately with what sells, especially the print media which is fighting for survival. Would publicity over Eugenie's wedding have continued for a week or more, would she have been on the cover of countless magazines, British and foreign? I'm sorry but I just don't think so. She simply isn't that well known. The cover of Majesty magazine or similar? Probably. Other prominent publications. Probably not. IMO.

Last edited:
Extra time for Eugenie? Her wedding was on Friday. She had TWO evening celebrations for her family and friends...ONE more than Harry and Meghan I might add. She had three days of focus solely on her wedding alone as well as a pre-wedding interview AND pre-wedding media attention. For a non-working ninth in line to the throne...she got more than enough attention.
She had her wedding...She had her spotlight...and then the media and world moved on!

When she would be a working ninth in line to the throne, the attention would have been warranted?

I think Eugenie and Jack don't mind this at all, it gives them the opportunity to enjoy their honeymoon. And besides, people who truly like them (and there are plenty of them) will be there to stay.

I think the royal tour complicated the timing of the announcement. It's evident from the photos that the "is she or isn't she" hype would have been a huge distraction. For that reason, it was wise to announce it as early in the trip as possible. To announce it well in advance of the wedding would have been distraction to the wedding itself. I think they gave Eugenie as much space as they possibly could.

I think the royal tour complicated the timing of the announcement. It's evident from the photos that the "is she or isn't she" hype would have been a huge distraction. For that reason, it was wise to announce it as early in the trip as possible. To announce it well in advance of the wedding would have been distraction to the wedding itself. I think they gave Eugenie as much space as they possibly could.

THIS. Missy Higgins has basically confirmed Meghan is 4 months or about in her post about the Admiralty House reception. Royals typically announce something like this at the 12 week point. Would people have preferred if they announced it 2-3 weeks before Eugenie's wedding? They moved the date as much as they could. But the bottom line is, she's showing and they are on a 16 day tour that the world media is covering, even when they didn't know about the baby. Had they not come out that day to announce, the media would have spent as many days as they refuse to comment speculating and then one more when the announcement is forced out of them. At that point, they completely loose the coverage on the work they've been trying to do. I'm sorry, but royal duties will always trumps getting Eugenie one more cover.

THIS. Missy Higgins has basically confirmed Meghan is 4 months or about in her post about the Admiralty House reception. Royals typically announce something like this at the 12 week point. Would people have preferred if they announced it 2-3 weeks before Eugenie's wedding? They moved the date as much as they could. But the bottom line is, she's showing and they are on a 16 day tour that the world media is covering, even when they didn't know about the baby. Had they not come out that day to announce, the media would have spent as many days as they refuse to comment speculating and then one more when the announcement is forced out of them. At that point, they completely loose the coverage on the work they've been trying to do. I'm sorry, but royal duties will always trumps getting Eugenie one more cover.

And I bet that she is perfectly fine with that.

But this has nothing to do with her wedding dress. She had the best I have seen in many years.

It is speculation as to how Eugenie reacted. She doesn't seem immature or self absorbed. I bet she was thrilled.

Eugenie had a lovely wedding and a beautiful dress and Harry and Meghan brought an extra special bundle along to the celebration. Exciting news all round.

Last edited:
At this point, we're just beating a dead horse regarding the timing of the Sussex pregnancy announcement.

Move on.

A lot of anticipation is made on the arrival of the bride. However, do not forget the groom: Jack Brooksbank.

Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen comments about the fact that Tatler named the Sussex wedding as the Wedding of the Year.

The Brooksbank wedding was tipped for having the best wedding guest 'goodie' bag of the year.

I cannot help but agree with Tatler about the first award.

:previous: Each lovely bride's wedding is special, and the best day of the year for them personally. I especially appreciate the brevity of the wedding homily for Eugenie & Jack, and that the black minister who apparently knew Eugenie at least, prior to the wedding, beautifully recited meaningful prayers for the couple interspersed with singing.

I also loved Princess Eugenie's decision to not wear a wedding veil in order to ensure her back was exposed. It has been so helpful for sufferers of scoliosis, and their families, to find out they share this experience with a member of the royal family. And I'm certain it has been enlightening and helpful for members of the general public to learn more about the condition. Eugenie was glowing on her special day, and I was so happy for her and Jack. I love her tiara too! It was perfect for her eyes and her coloring.

I doubt any sane person among the royals are up-in-arms about the fact that M&H are expecting and it needed to be announced at the start of their South Pacific tour. It has been known for awhile that M&H would be going on tour immediately after Eugenie's wedding. The public timing of the pregnancy announcement is no one's fault. Members of the royal family were certainly aware of the news prior to the day of Eugenie's wedding. Those who weren't aware may have found out discreetly on the day. It certainly was not mentioned during any of the receptions for Eugenie & Jack.

Best wishes to Eugenie & Jack for a happy life together. :twohearts:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
For me Princess Eugenie was the most beautiful bride of all times, she was just lovely and glowed with love and happiness. Her gown was fabulous, and very becoming on her.....only she and Victoria could really pull off a royal wedding.

She really surprised me so beautiful and elegant . Not a word I usually use for the York girls

The wedding outfits of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank will go on display at Windsor Castle from 1 March - 22 April 2019

https://t.co/pmcKSqtnM3

I hadn't taken notice of Mr. Brooksbank's "vivid blue" waistcoat. It is a nice touch that the color appears to correspond to the dresses of the maid of honor and special attendant.

It is nice that his wedding outfit will be put on display along with that of the princess, although unfortunately it will be less interesting because Western countries have eliminated custom designed wedding outfits for grooms.

Last edited:

Such a cute comparison, made by Eugenie herself. Two fantastic photos shared today:

** Photos **

Stunning photo. I am happy he shared it. :flowers:

Eugenie was a stunning bride. I loved both her gowns.

I love that photo too. That dress was just so simply gorgeous and very "princess" and romantic and just (as was stated) blows one's socks off. ?

Lovely pic! I'm assuming just after signing the register. :flowers:

Eugenie definitely wore one of my favourite royal wedding dresses. A beautiful photo - and sweet to see that she calls Andrew "Pups". ?

Princess Eugenie released a series of pictures in marking her 2nd year wedding anniversary to Jack Brooksbank. I think there are three unseen images, which were also picked up by the Daily Mail

@princesseugenie [Verified]
Been the best 2 years married to you and 10 years with you in total.. happy memories always my dear Jack​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPbX2rnyHv/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nseen-photographs-wedding-Jack-Brookbank.html

Zac Posen has shared an image on instagram of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank on their wedding reception.

@zacposen [Verified]
Happiest 2nd Anniversary dear Princess Eugenie & Jack! It was so special creating this gown for this wonderful moment in your life, being with you and the family on the magnificent magical day, I will remember forever ?wishing you both continued love and happiness always with your new baby angel on the way ?
4h​

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGP7BV5hX5v/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom