Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think PC, PS and the kids will ever be totally out of the picture. They got the glamour gene and PA did not. It remains to be seen about Charlene , but right now she is not in their league. Monaco relies heavily on their glamorous image and all of the free publicity that it brings. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

I don't think PC, PS and the kids will ever be totally out of the picture. They got the glamour gene and PA did not. It remains to be seen about Charlene , but right now she is not in their league. Monaco relies heavily on their glamorous image and all of the free publicity that it brings. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

My thoughts exactly....well said. :flowers:

I agree - I think, also, if the principality feels that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie (and their kids) have been pushed out of duties in favor or Charlene (if it feels like she's being forced down their throats), there will be resentment and backlash....already in the US, on the gossipy shows and magazines, she's being touted as the "new Princess Grace"......PULEEZE!!!!

In one of the old interview,Caroline said:
"I really can't wait Albert to marry and his wife taking a part of my duties".
maybe she is even happy now ;)
she is got finnaly her retirement.

I don't know about her personally but she gave thirty years of her life, made sacrifices that some of us wouldn't even dream of and all for...? If I were her, I'd at least wonder a little bit what it was all for. Almost her entire adult life has been geared toward this and now, she gets what? Peace and quiet obviously (though not a life out of the spotlight - people are always going to be interested in her) but has she honestly come this far and given this much for her country to get almost nothing in return and now fade into obscurity? If that is the case, fortune has short changed her in my opinion. Normally I'm not the judging kind, nor the kind to dismiss others' trials but she has sacrificed more than Albert (what has he seriously gone through that could or would cause more severe harm, other than losing his parents?) and as much as Stephanie (though what she sacrificed and how it was given was obviously incredibly traumatic for her - I'm reluctant to say more traumatic because there's no way to judge). In short, what I'm saying is, do I think that she and Stephanie are deserving of more than what some people here are predicting they'll get? Absolutely. Devoting your life to your country is a noble thing (and I'm not excluding Albert from that) but to say that they now get practically nothing for their good - no, extraordinary - deeds and that that's the way it goes and they should just accept that is hardly fair in my opinion. This should not be a competition of who's the better princess or a soap opera where they are constantly fighting for position but I do think that to let Charlene take centre stage and - to be honest - get all the glory for what they have worked so hard for isn't fair. And that's not necessarily "the way it works". There should be room on the "stage" for more than one princess. :flowers:

I agree, Thecia - I think that Princess Caroline will continue to support AMADE, and Princess Stephanie will continue to support her HIV/AIDS charity - things like the Prince Pierre Foundation, the flower show, arts-related events, etc - some of those appearances may go to Charlene. Charities that associated closely with Caroline and Stephanie will (or should) stay with them, since they've devoted many years to their support, and might effect contributions if they are replaced.

I have to say, though I think Caro will continue with the charities, etc. she's probably relieved not to have that responsibility anymore. Remember when everybody was looking for her at the Grand Prix this year and she was chilling on her yacht? Yeah, I think she's happy to kiss some of those duties good-bye. I just hope that Andrea, Char, and Pierre remain in the picture somehow. Actually, just Char and Pierre. Adore those two.:flowers:

I don't know about her personally but she gave thirty years of her life, made sacrifices that some of us wouldn't even dream of and all for...? If I were her, I'd at least wonder a little bit what it was all for. Almost her entire adult life has been geared toward this and now, she gets what? Peace and quiet obviously (though not a life out of the spotlight - people are always going to be interested in her) but has she honestly come this far and given this much for her country to get almost nothing in return and now fade into obscurity? If that is the case, fortune has short changed her in my opinion. Normally I'm not the judging kind, nor the kind to dismiss others' trials but she has sacrificed more than Albert (what has he seriously gone through that could or would cause more severe harm, other than losing his parents?) and as much as Stephanie (though what she sacrificed and how it was given was obviously incredibly traumatic for her - I'm reluctant to say more traumatic because there's no way to judge). In short, what I'm saying is, do I think that she and Stephanie are deserving of more than what some people here are predicting they'll get? Absolutely. Devoting your life to your country is a noble thing (and I'm not excluding Albert from that) but to say that they now get practically nothing for their good - no, extraordinary - deeds and that that's the way it goes and they should just accept that is hardly fair in my opinion. This should not be a competition of who's the better princess or a soap opera where they are constantly fighting for position but I do think that to let Charlene take centre stage and - to be honest - get all the glory for what they have worked so hard for isn't fair. And that's not necessarily "the way it works". There should be room on the "stage" for more than one princess. :flowers:

Oh I think you are going overboard here. As in all royal houses, the spouse of the king, ruler, crown prince has rank by protocol. Simple as that. Marriage to Albert does not mean "nothing in return", Charlene gets all the glory", "fade into obscurity" etc......goodness. sounds as if too many posters are equating Monaco palace life with badly written soap operas. Albert loves his sisters. He is not going to act like a wicked child and push and shove his siblings out of the palace. When Rainier married Grace, Antoinette's position by protocol changed forever. That is just a fact, not machiavellian plotting.

Would you read my post again please? Thanks.

Almost her entire adult life has been geared toward this and now, she gets what?....... she honestly come this far and given this much for her country to get almost nothing in return and now fade into obscurity? ............. but to say that they now get practically nothing for their good - no, extraordinary - deeds and that that's the way it goes and they should just accept that is hardly fair in my opinion. ............ but I do think that to let Charlene take centre stage and - to be honest - get all the glory for what they have worked so hard for isn't fair. And that's not necessarily "the way it works". There should be room on the "stage" for more than one princess. :flowers:

I did read and re-read your opinion. Charlene is not going to take anyone's glory. Princesses Caroline and Stephanine will be just fine, because Albert is the head of his country and thank goodness does not listen to the all of the comments and opinions on TRF.

You've still misconstrued the meaning of my post and been too literal. Was I overly dramatic? Pardon my metaphors, I use them too often. But my opinion still stands.

Let us please get back to the topic - Caroline's current events!

We'll see what kind of roles and task sharing the future will bring
and we can already be sure that the decisions will satisfy each
family member in one way or another! :)

Aha...well I know this is off topic here now ( and you can move it to Caro's thread :) if you like ) ... but did we know about this guy and what did they do at Steph's place? Are there pics?
No pics, that I know of. Just a couple of small, sketchy reports. Here's what most of them say:
Dalla villa della sorella Stefania è stata vista uscire Carolina di Monaco al braccio di Marco Vittorelli, che fu molto amico di Stefano Casiraghi. Ultimamente i due si vedono sempre più spesso.
Googlified
From the villa's sister Stephanie was seen leaving Caroline of Monaco to the arm of Marco Vittorelli, who was very friendly with Stefano Casiraghi. Lately the two are seen more often.
Theciafied
Caroline of Monaco was seen leaving her sister Stephanie's home on the arm of Marco Vittorelli, who was good friends with Stefano Casiraghi. Lately the pair have been seen more often.
I abridged it. :ROFLMAO: I'm a lazy speaker. ;) Here's the Leggo article
NINA SENICAR, PRIMO FILM MARCUZZI SMEMORATA*-*Leggo
He's the OTHER guy that Caroline was seen with in Zurs, the one with the pointy nose. :lol: Here's a couple of photos of him. :flowers:
Image Marco Vittorelli, Italy, Attending Photo Galleries and Pictures - Page 1 of 1 - LIFE
Like I said, he works for Compagnie Monégasque de Banque. He's from Milan and apparently he and Caroline were good friends after Stefano died (this is according to Fernanda Casiraghi). I don't know what they were doing at Steph's house. I got the impression from some of the other reports (I can't find them anymore sorry :ermm:) that it was kind of late-ish afternoon. So maybe a long, late lunch? :flowers:

No pics, that I know of. Just a couple of small, sketchy reports. Here's what most of them say: GooglifiedTheciafied I abridged it. :ROFLMAO: I'm a lazy speaker. ;) Here's the Leggo article
NINA SENICAR, PRIMO FILM MARCUZZI SMEMORATA*-*Leggo
He's the OTHER guy that Caroline was seen with in Zurs, the one with the pointy nose. :lol: Here's a couple of photos of him. :flowers:
Image Marco Vittorelli, Italy, Attending Photo Galleries and Pictures - Page 1 of 1 - LIFE
Like I said, he works for Compagnie Monégasque de Banque. He's from Milan and apparently he and Caroline were good friends after Stefano died (this is according to Fernanda Casiraghi). I don't know what they were doing at Steph's house. I got the impression from some of the other reports (I can't find them anymore sorry :ermm:) that it was kind of late-ish afternoon. So maybe a long, late lunch? :flowers:

Thanks very much ...
Sounds great. Caro rocks ... I wish her all the happiness in the world. I'm sure they had a good time together with Steph. Now that Caro's in Monaco they see each other more often...I know that Steph missed her big sis a lot before. Good for the girls they are together more often now.

... apparently he and Caroline were good friends after Stefano died (this is according to Fernanda Casiraghi).

Stefano was a good friend with Marco since they were young. There are lots of pictures of the two of them taking part in boat racing.

Does anyone know anything about Marco Vittorelli's personal life? Was he ever married, married now, kids? Does he work for a bank in Monaco?

He is a very attractive man. Boy the Italians are good looking people!:lol:

Does anyone know anything about Marco Vittorelli's personal life? Was he ever married, married now, kids? Does he work for a bank in Monaco?

He is a very attractive man. Boy the Italians are good looking people!:lol:
I've got no idea. I don't sleuth that much, not to the point where I invade a person's private life (my theory is that if you have to work hard to find the information, there was obviously a reason that it was kept so well hidden). One would assume that at his age (51) he'd have lived some sort of life.
And yes, Compagnie Monégasue de Banque is private bank in Monaco.
Stefano was a good friend with Marco since they were young. There are lots of pictures of the two of them taking part in boat racing.
That's great! I was only referencing what Fernanda said in her little interview thing when Caroline was first spotted with Marco at the beginning of the year, how they were very close after Stefano died or something like that. But then she moved away to St Remy and married Ernst. But she did say something about Stefano and Marco being great friends. Thanks for the info! :flowers:

Princess Caroline attended a Philharmonic concert under the direction
of Yakov Kreizberg in Monaco today, September 26, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

^ Haha, I'm always wondering what she's thinking when reading Paris Match. But IMO, she should show Charlene her place. Somehow or whatever.

Thanks iceflower for the pics, Caroline looks radiant. I love that smile.

About the article: i think that, Charlene will be first lady of Monaco because she is marrying the Prince Sourvereing, BUT...in monegasques' hearts (and in most of us too) Princess Caroline will always be the First Lady.

About the article: i think that, Charlene will be first lady of Monaco because she is marrying the Prince Sourvereing, BUT...in monegasques' hearts (and in most of us too) Princess Caroline will always be the First Lady.

Agreed 100%!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Nathalie Cox - you are so right in your comments - because Caroline comes across as first lady as it is in her blood, she has been brought up to be a Princess and the Mongasque people just love her!!!;)

On September 25, Princess Caroline attended the celebration of 100 years of
scouts in Monaco. The small anniversary exhibition included pics of Princess
Caroline as a scout herself.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga **

Caroline looks wonderful recently. I just love a dress shew was wearing at concert on 9/26. She looks younger and relaxed recently.
I am sure people in MC are happy to see her so active recently. The first lady is back.:flowers:

An Scout will always be an scout. It's nice to see her celebriting with them :)

when I saw the pictures of her attending the Philharmonic concert, i thought to myself: there she goes the glorious Caroline of Monaco! My, what a breath taking woman she still is!!! She looks even good with glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom