Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgiea, that was a great post. It is striking to notice the common threads and patterns in the lives of three women who are/were so unique.

About the charity work, I think Thecia hit the nail on the head by raising the point that a lot of Diana's engagements were more like bullet points for her "resume" (so to speak). Diana did a lot (I am not meaning to negate her good works) to boost awareness of issues and raise the profile/money for charities. Yet many of her commitments were courtesies from clubs and communities. So it looked great to say she was President or Chieftain (I made that up);) of such and such club. And then she would pay courtesy visits to those clubs or those communities as part of her diary, and those visits would be just another reason for the press to comment on what she wore, her body language, was she or wasn't she with Charles, did she look sad or happy?:bang: Now Caroline has jobs too. Maybe she doesn't have all the extra courtesy titles, because Monaco doesn't work at all like the British Monarchy, but nevertheless, Caroline probably puts in a lot of hours in the week with reading about the issues, meetings, and fundraisers and trips. She is having a vacation now on her yacht. Diana took her summer holidays too!!! :D

Thecia and CasiraghiTrio Diana, Princess of Wales, as I see it, did at the beginning of her royal life hated to be briefed by her private secretary and I think she was a figure head to her royal patronages. But when she matured she started to research and know her stuff. I think people where really impressed with her land mine campaign. Princess Diana was a work in progress during her years in the public and I think if she was still alive today she would be doing documentaries about world causes. Diana might even cross paths with the Grimaldi on causes especially the arts.

Princess Caroline does put in a lot of work for her royal patronages. She has made Princess Grace's foundation grow through the years. Yes, Princess Caroline is very hands on.

BTW both Princess Diana and Princess Caroline love(d) the ballet. They both like to dance.:flowers:

Excuse me? Your whole post is a comparison between the two, and as far as i know you are not an administrator.

how do you know that Diana was more committed to charity than Caroline is?

Because of her many trips and charity dinners, etc etc. And her support to antipersonnel mines is not something anybody does. It is a fight against the arms industry. Now you tell me about ALL the causes Caroline supports. Do not mention the exshausting job of being president of Amade, pelase.
No, I'm not an admin or a mod. I never made out that I was. And could you please read my post again? My intention was not to compare Caroline and Diana but rather to point out that they are/were both committed to charity in a different sense. Diana was admittedly more active with the charities she supports, I grant you that but I don't see that as a sign of being more committed. I admire the selflessness with which Diana conducted her charity work (particularly against landmines) but I think it's silly to disqualify the work of Caroline simply because she doesn't do as much as Diana. Why do we have to compare them? Seriously? I think it's pointless comparing the two of them because they're different people and it's only going to lead to arguments like these. Like I said, why can't we just acknowledge both of them for how unique and special they are? It isn't a competition to see who's got the better princess.

Okay, time to move on...no more comparisons between Caroline
and Diana please, as this is a current events thread! Thanks!

Are you sure? I don't recall seeing Charlotte in the same swimsuit.
Yes, she has worn it in 2007 (as you can see in the pictures Kells posted) - thank you Kells for the pic btw :flowers:-
and in 2008 in October, when she went for holidays for some days with ther gfs and she's on a boat.

:ROFLMAO: They have that many swimsuits that it could be difficult for some people to keep track. ;) I did notice that too - but only after you pointed it out and racked my brains for where and when Charlotte could have worn that swimsuit. Sharp eyes azure and kells! :flowers:

:ROFLMAO: They have that many swimsuits that it could be difficult for some people to keep track. ;) I did notice that too - but only after you pointed it out and racked my brains for where and when Charlotte could have worn that swimsuit. Sharp eyes azure and kells! :flowers:

:p

That was the pictures i was talking about btw..
http://i45.tinypic.com/2m67l9x.jpg

That is a very "cool" observation, indeed. But maybe....... :D the swimsuit was always belonging to Caroline and it was Charlotte who wore her mother's suit, and now Caroline has taken it back! :lol: They are the same size, probably US dress size 0. :whistling:
Their swimsuits are so expensive, I'm glad they have the sense to recycle them.

I don't know about a size 0. Maybe a size 2, they're not that itty bitty. :ROFLMAO: That's cute that they share clothes and stuff. Me and my mom did for a while, but then I got taller than her so...lol But Char and Caroline both are the same physical height and body type. She really is a carbon copy of her mom.

FanofMonaco, I thought Caroline's major at the Sorbonne was child psychology. Well, "philosophy" would make more sense. I know she reads a lot, and very deep things! She is a true intellectual in the Parisian sense... I could see Caroline being part of the literati in the Parisian cafes. She has the attitude and the inclination for it, I think.

I do not remember seeing her reading and/or carrying a book. Do you have any pics?

That is a very "cool" observation, indeed. But maybe....... :D the swimsuit was always belonging to Caroline and it was Charlotte who wore her mother's suit, and now Caroline has taken it back! :lol: They are the same size, probably US dress size 0. :whistling:
Their swimsuits are so expensive, I'm glad they have the sense to recycle them.

Size 0? 0 is tiny, but it is possible Charlotte could be a 0 or 2 and Caroline looks like a 2 or 4. Oh but the bad thing is pictures add on about 5 to 10 pounds, so they probably are skinnier than we think. Probably a -2:eek::D.

I don't think Caroline or Charlotte are a size zero, regardless of whether the camera adds ten pounds. Last I checked, Caroline's measurements were around 34-28-35 (from memory), so she is tiny but she's not that tiny.

How did you check her measurements?

I didn't check her measurements, I read them. It was a figure of speech. :flowers: A while ago (I think it was around April 2008) I came across them in a copy of a list of measurements for celebrities (I work in media - random bits of information fly at me every day, most of it not particularly useful and most of it well known already ;)). I think Celebrity Sleuth magazine also posted similar measurements for Caroline a while ago but I think they were taken when she was younger and before she had children. How accurate the measurements are, I can't be sure (there is the possibility that it is merely speculation - and I wouldn't be shocked if it was) and I have no idea how they got the measurements either but that was what I read. It stuck in my mind for some reason (even when I wasn't a particularly big follower of Caroline) and I remembered them when the conversation about what size Caroline is came up. :flowers:
EDIT: According to Celebrity Sleuth magazine, Caroline's measurements are 33-25-34

Here are two very nice pics of Caroline around 10 to 14 days
ago shopping in Paris. Very elegant and beautiful, I like her
look a lot.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

look a lot.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Yes I agree Caroline seems to be going through a renaissance period - so pleased she appears to have come through her latest upsets .:sun:

look a lot.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

According to Semana magazine, these pictures were taken in Paris the day of the Prince Pierre Prizes delivery cerimony. It seems that our beautiful princess spent a relaxed morning shoping in the most exclusive boutiques. And, as a matter of fact, the pictures published in Hola clearly show a her carrying a bag from Chanel... oh lá lá... trés chique!!!
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Wow, Caroline looks great! Très magnifique, princesse! A style renaissance indeed! :D

Did you notice that apparently she is wearing her wedding ring?

Hmm, I was going to say it was the same ring that she's been wearing a lot recently but on closer inspection, it seems it's not. Too thin. :ermm: However, it still doesn't appear to be her wedding ring from Ernst. As I said before, that was a white-gold colour, if I recall correctly. ;)

It looks like a wedding ring, though she is still married....

Could it be her wedding ring from Stefano? I don't know about her wedding rings. I never paid attention, but it seems like she could still wear Stefano's ring (not while she was "with" Ernst, of course, but maybe now if they are separated, like the media says). As Stefano's widow, in a way she never stopped being married to him, and maybe now it would be ..... comforting? I don't know. I guess it could be either comforting or depressing, depending on how you view death. But my feeling is, Stefano's spirit is always with her and their children.

Could it be her wedding ring from Stefano? I don't know about her wedding rings. I never paid attention, but it seems like she could still wear Stefano's ring (not while she was "with" Ernst, of course, but maybe now if they are separated, like the media says). As Stefano's widow, in a way she never stopped being married to him, and maybe now it would be ..... comforting? I don't know. I guess it could be either comforting or depressing, depending on how you view death. But my feeling is, Stefano's spirit is always with her and their children.
Theoretically, you can see Caroline's wedding ring from Stefano in this photo. It's kind of odd, seeing as it actually looks thicker than Stefano's one. Usually it's the other way round. And there's this photo where she's wearing a ring but I can't tell if it's her wedding ring from Ernst or not. Actually, to be honest, I can't even remember if she had one. :lol:

I cannot imagine she's pining away for Ernst now, so I can't imagine that she's wearing their wedding ring. I would imagine it's just a ring from among the arsenal of jewelry she owns.....

Theoretically, you can see Caroline's wedding ring from Stefano in this photo. It's kind of odd, seeing as it actually looks thicker than Stefano's one. Usually it's the other way round. And there's this photo where she's wearing a ring but I can't tell if it's her wedding ring from Ernst or not. Actually, to be honest, I can't even remember if she had one. :lol:

I can't even see her ring in the first image (but the image itself is beautiful!) I can see Stefano's ring of course. Horseygal is probably right. I just thought, since someone brought up the wedding rings, it was possible she dug out the ring from her union with Stefano, for sentimental reasons. Her life is so altered, and I don't know about her or any of you guys, but for myself, when my life is at a crisis point and everything is shifting, I like to have treasures of the past to comfort me, give me strength. I do hope Caroline stays single for awhile. She has never tried that. She's always gone from one man to another. She should explore this new experience and see what that's all about. It's time. :)

:lol: More probably than not, it's just a random ring. I wish it wasn't though. I agree, sentimentality during difficult times is great and perfectly acceptable. I still keep things that remind me of something or someone because they're comforting. Perhaps Caroline isn't the same though. She did always seem terribly logical. :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom