Princess Beatrix Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as a mother

1.+2. Trix and Alexander in Lech (postcards)
3.+4. with her second babyboy Friso
5.+6. The third son (Beeldbank)

Thank you so much, Princess_Beatrix!! You're a star!! ;)

Maxie said:
The first one really is hilarious! :)

and it was taken in my native town Katwijk, during Queensday 2000! That is the risk of visiting a sea-village, you have to eat raw herring.
Thanks for the pictures Princess Beatrix, again.

Great pictures Princess Beatrix! And thanks for the link to that site - they have some wonderful information there!:)

Yes, that's a great site, indeed! I visit it regularly since someone at TRF told me about it! :)

Marengo: the Queen visited my home town (Sittard) with Koninginnedag too. I think it was in 1994, but I'm not so sure. Could be 1995 too. If someone could find pictures of that day I would be so pleased! I looked all over for them, but never found anything. The city was decorated so nicely. The main street was all flags hanging out of buildings and there was a huge orange carpet on the street! And prince Claus winked at my little nephew. Soooo cute!

*Sigh, I'm getting old and nostalgic...*

Maxie said:
Marengo: the Queen visited my home town (Sittard) with Koninginnedag too. I think it was in 1994, but I'm not so sure. Could be 1995 too. If someone could find pictures of that day I would be so pleased! I looked all over for them, but never found anything. The city was decorated so nicely. The main street was all flags hanging out of buildings and there was a huge orange carpet on the street! And prince Claus winked at my little nephew. Soooo cute!
I think these are pics from Sittard. At least that's what ANP says (and it is 1995). That's such a neat story Maxie, about your nephew. Does he remember being winked at by Claus or was he too young?

Trix is wearing another one of her wonderful creations!;)

Hey Squidgy, thanks so much! I must have been blind or something like that, because I'm quite sure I searched for them on ANP too! Oh well, whatever. I think I chose 1994!
I don't think my nephew remembers, btw. He was just 18 months old. He even was on national television. That was so funny. My grandmother hold him and they were broadcasted for about 10 seconds. When we were walking back to my grandmother's house, people were coming out of their houses and shouted: hey, you were on tv!
That really was hilarious... :)

Yes, that was one pretty and pink UFO the Queen was wearing, btw.

Maxie said:
Hey Squidgy, thanks so much! I must have been blind or something like that, because I'm quite sure I searched for them on ANP too! Oh well, whatever. I think I chose 1994!
I don't think my nephew remembers, btw. He was just 18 months old. He even was on national television. That was so funny. My grandmother hold him and they were broadcasted for about 10 seconds. When we were walking back to my grandmother's house, people were coming out of their houses and shouted: hey, you were on tv!
That really was hilarious... :)

Yes, that was one pretty and pink UFO the Queen was wearing, btw.

It does look like a UFO, you're right Maxie!!;):)

What a great story your nephew has to tell his children some day! It's not every little child that got a wink from Claus. Your grandmother must have been pretty proud of her grandson that day.

Oh, yes! She surely was (and still is, he's 12 now :)). I'm proud too of course, because he's my godchild. But anyway, in my akward state of insomnia (I have quite a bad cough, keeps me from sleeping) I've been searching a bit for old Koninginnedag pictures and I found one from Sittard in the database of Rotterdam 1992. They really got to sort things out, over there at ANP. ;)

zitterd5pe.jpg

You see: the orange carpet and flags I was talking of! When you turn right at the end of the street you probably would have found me and my family, because we were standing just around the corner. That's soooo funny. I'm really glad I found this picture. :)

Yeah, I know. I'm really annoying when I'm suffering from insomia... :p

Maxie said:
Yes, that's a great site, indeed! I visit it regularly since someone at TRF told me about it! :)

*Sigh, I'm getting old and nostalgic...*

Prince Claus quite knew how to charm people, he always had these kind of small charming things. I remember him cycling and inviting a lady to join him (on the backside of the bicycle). But his health was already detoriating then, so he cycled quite unsteady.

What did you say again about old and nostalgic? ;)

Princess_Beatrix said:
That's a great one!
It's quiet hard to find a picture without her Helmet :D
I laughed hysterically one day while shopping in Amsterdam the first time I saw a coin bearing the Queen's profile. I thought it was "funny money". I suppose we all have our eccentricities and hers is harmless. I love individuality :D

The princess proudly holding her little boy :)

1. Anpfotoarchief 2./3. Fotomarktplatz

Princess_Beatrix said:
I have to add this one of Andere Tijden: :)

a paparazzi picture taken in april 1967, short time before Alexander was born. Beatrix, with big belly, in the garden of Drakenstein.
I really love this picture! I saw it once in a report about Alexander's birth on this site!
What a huge belly.:D looks really lovely on her. ;)
does anyone know who took it?

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much!!!

That is a beautiful picture of a beautiful Queen.......

Beatrix is a wonderful person. I find her very cheerful, as well as his son. They try to smile always.

I like especially how she dress (excepting her hats...but well...Royal hats are NOT of my personal taste :D ), and she is a regal when she wears blue dress and diamond tiaras.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
I like especially how she dress (excepting her hats
I don't mind the hats so much. Presumably courtiers would never tell Her Majesty that the size of her hairstyle borders on the outlandish - but I'm sure they emphatically compliment any hat she wears (which solves the problem of figuring out how to hide her peculiar personal style).

alexandra485 said:
aww Prince Claus was kissing one of his boys! how cute!
Actually, the blond-haired youngster he's giving a peck on the cheek, looks more like it's Jaime, Princess Irene's son. Irene is Beatrix's sister.
The brown-haired kid in the far right corner pouring the coffee is Constantijn, Beatrix's and Claus's youngest son.

Not surprised by the way to see that Claus was kind to all the kids in the family! I have to say, wistfully perhaps, didn't he make the best parental figure?! No wonder most of the Netherlands misses him still. He had a rough start in that country, but boy had Beatrix been right about her husband all along: he really was a wonderful human being.

And as for Beatrix...I'll share a true, but second-hand story here that the image of Beatrix on this picture reminds me of.
I actually have a childhood friend who moved at age 10 to Baarn, and ended up going to the same primary school as Constantijn. One class year below his. One time, she told me she'd been to his birthday party at Drakensteyn, where Constantijn's family lived at the time. It was the last one he'd have there.
Of course, the first thing I asked my friend upon hearing this, was: What is she like? (She, as in, Beatrix. She had actually just become queen, but the family wasn't living in the Hague just yet.)
And my friend summed it up, saying, "She's a real mother." (Een echte moeder!)
According to my friend, Beatrix had been taking pictures of the kids at the party all evening for example. My friend also told me that the party ended when at one point, all the kids gathered next to the outdoor pool, which the castle evidently had. When some kids started to threaten to throw some others into the pool, Alexander came out of nowhere and intervened.
(Not world-shocking, this, bt I thought I'd share!) :)

Those must have been some of the first pictures of Claus von Amsberg after the press found out about him.
He was leaving his home and walking to his car (maybe he was on the way to Beatrix ;) ).

source: beeldbank

The Queen without helmet! :)
she looks totally different without it! :D Very strange to see.

ANP

Wow, Her_Majesty, that's quite something you discovered there! :D

Great pictures Her_Majesty. You have a fabulous collection & I'm glad you're sharing it with us!:)

What a beautiful picture of Queen Beatrix with the diamond-pearl tiara. Is it possible to get a bigger picture>

Some beautiful pictures of Queen Beatrix :flowers:

Polfoto

princess olga said:
Actually, the blond-haired youngster he's giving a peck on the cheek, looks more like it's Jaime, Princess Irene's son. Irene is Beatrix's sister.
The brown-haired kid in the far right corner pouring the coffee is Constantijn, Beatrix's and Claus's youngest son.

Not surprised by the way to see that Claus was kind to all the kids in the family! I have to say, wistfully perhaps, didn't he make the best parental figure?! No wonder most of the Netherlands misses him still. He had a rough start in that country, but boy had Beatrix been right about her husband all along: he really was a wonderful human being.

And as for Beatrix...I'll share a true, but second-hand story here that the image of Beatrix on this picture reminds me of.
I actually have a childhood friend who moved at age 10 to Baarn, and ended up going to the same primary school as Constantijn. One class year below his. One time, she told me she'd been to his birthday party at Drakensteyn, where Constantijn's family lived at the time. It was the last one he'd have there.
Of course, the first thing I asked my friend upon hearing this, was: What is she like? (She, as in, Beatrix. She had actually just become queen, but the family wasn't living in the Hague just yet.)
And my friend summed it up, saying, "She's a real mother." (Een echte moeder!)
According to my friend, Beatrix had been taking pictures of the kids at the party all evening for example. My friend also told me that the party ended when at one point, all the kids gathered next to the outdoor pool, which the castle evidently had. When some kids started to threaten to throw some others into the pool, Alexander came out of nowhere and intervened.
(Not world-shocking, this, bt I thought I'd share!) :)

Yes, you are right, it is Jaime.

40 years of THE HELMET

Beatrix first wore her famous hairdo in 1966- so 40 years ago.
Since then she didn't change her hair anymore.
So, Happy 40th Birthday, Helmet. :lol:

Best of "helmet hair" :

(source: all pictures ANP)

Back
Top Bottom