Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 9: November 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivien Westwood is a fashion goddess of Great Britain, not to mention a revolutionary who can pull off her bizarre fashion designs.
Possibly elsewhere, but not in the UK. The charity shop cast-off finger painted by children that could pass for an £11,000 dress | the Daily Mail
:eek: But, as we have seen, we all have different tastes in styles and clothing.

That's the way most 19 year olds are. At the age of 19, I definitely didn't have it altogether and I remember some ghastly things I wore and did thinking I was so cool
I do remember my old nanny telling me that it is the job of the young, to keep the older generations employed in complaining about the music, the fashion, etc. :D

I think when it comes to fashoin, especially when you're young...you experiment in hopes of finding an image for yourself. In general she seems to have just very dull casual style and her night looks are typical party dresses.

I don't know if she is trying to be a style icon but I get the feeling she would like more attention for that. I mean you know it's bad when Kate Middleton is outshining you...LOL

But compared to her peers like Charlotte Casiraghi, Camilla Al-Fayed, Olympia Scarry, Eugenie Niarchos...Bea is falling behind and none of theses girls really seem to try too hard.
I agree but you have to remember that as an HRH, Pss B gets far more scrutiny than these girls. Even Charlotte C is only the daughter of a princess. I think the press takes more delight in knocking someone of B's position down a notch or two as opposed to a simple socialite.

I do think the press would be happy to cover her style in a positive way but I think they like to knock her looks too and if they already have it out for in that way, then I can't see them giving her style a pass.

Charlotte can get away with anything in the media because of her beauty...I mean that's all the media talks about when it comes to her. And why she is so popular even outside of Europe...Bea, not so much which is sad for her as a young girl.

I agree but you have to remember that as an HRH, Pss B gets far more scrutiny than these girls. Even Charlotte C is only the daughter of a princess. I think the press takes more delight in knocking someone of B's position down a notch or two as opposed to a simple socialite.
I think you are right, Charlotte C barely gets a mention, good or bad in the UK media but poor Beatrice gets slammed both sides of the Atlantic.

I do think the press would be happy to cover her style in a positive way but I think they like to knock her looks too and if they already have it out for in that way, then I can't see them giving her style a pass.

Charlotte can get away with anything in the media because of her beauty...I mean that's all the media talks about when it comes to her. And why she is so popular even outside of Europe...Bea, not so much which is sad for her as a young girl.
This is probably very true. It's a sad commentary on our society. Beautiful people def. do get away w more. If P. Bea were more "beautiful" {personally, I think she is quite beautiful, maybe not as "classically" beautiful as Charlotte C.} maybe there wouldn't be such negative things written about her all the time.

This is probably very true. It's a sad commentary on our society. Beautiful people def. do get away w more. If P. Bea were more "beautiful" {personally, I think she is quite beautiful, maybe not as "classically" beautiful as Charlotte C.} maybe there wouldn't be such negative things written about her all the time.

ITA...it's so true and has to be very disappointing for her, I mean there isn't anything that can be done when it's your face. It's harsh...but when you're a princess people have a certain image in their minds and they like to critique...

That's the way most 19 year olds are. At the age of 19, I definitely didn't have it altogether and I remember some ghastly things I wore and did thinking I was so cool.

Maybe all the other members here were models of propriety and flawless good taste when they were 19 but here's one member who is not ashamed to admit that she wasn't and feels absolutely no guilt about it. People learn and grow.

Those 19 year olds who are lucky enough to have their act together and not make a step or have a hair out of place are to be admired. However, I think, a lot more 19 year olds don't have their act together yet.

What's missing in this conversation about Beatice is simple human compassion and empathy for another human being who is going through growing pains. If you haven't been through it, I guess you can't understand what its like but as someone who went through that awkward stage I can say it was hell and I'm glad I'm over it and I'm glad I had people who believed in me no matter what and I sure as hell hope for Beatrice's sake that she has people who believe in her no matter what because it looks like she is going to get a lot of 'no matter what' in the coming years and when you are faced with a situation like that, you need people to stick up for you and be on your side.

Maybe I should just give you my Royal Forum's proxy-I agree with just about everything you post!

Beatrice might not be a fashion plate but she has the most beautiful head of hair of all the young Royal women. Even Charlotte Casiraghi can't beat Beatrice in the hair department, IMO.

Beatrice's hair is thick and long and glossy and just perfect. The best I have seen her is when she was on the cover of Tatler for her 18th birthday, so we know she can look dynamite in the right hands. Fortunately she is only 19 and she has plenty of time to learn.

Pics 7.3.2008

Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend leaving Boujis nightclub just
before 1am. Beatrice looked very tired with bags under her eyes.
London, England - 07.03.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

That "bag" comment is not mine of course ;):)

Thanks for the photos, Ice. I don't think Pss B looks too bad considering it's after 1am and she's leaving a club. There have been far worse pics printed. That bf though . . . I dunno . . . he bugs me.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to sound so harsh. I just have a soft spot in my heart for awkward girls everywhere.

I feel badly for Princess Bea--I think she's just at that awkward age--not sure what she wants to do, not sure what looks good on her, etc....I do think she is a beautiful girl, but she makes some very bad choices-fashion wise. I also wish she would hire a fashion consultant who could really work with her and help her.

Pics 3.4.2008

Princess Beatrice, her boyfriend Dave and Princess Eugenie
arriving at and leaving Mahiki Club London, England - 03.04.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks, Ice ~ as usual. P. Eugenie looks atrocious (I'm sure it's just the camera angle and the fact that she's scrunched in the middle of two ppl in the back of a car) in Pic 3. I agree their choice of attire isn't very flattering for each of them. It's odd that P. B is so dressed up and P. E looks quite casual.

I think Princess Eugenie really looks like Prince Andrew in the third picture. Similar smiles.

Iceflower, thanks for posting the pics. :flowers:Are both girls pregnant or is it just another unfortunate choice of clothing? :D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh Jo! You're so naughty! The outfits are less than flattering. Those types of dresses are not flattering to everyone--and Bea's dress strap keeps fallling--can't stand that. Have the thing fitted, please. And, is anyone tired of seeing her in black with black stockings and black shoes? I don't know why these York girls (Mom included) wear black stockings with everything. Drives me crazy.
As for Eugenie--where do I start???? Ok, I know. Those boots are not working with the floral pattern and the bag is too masculine for the dress. The bag is also too sophisticated for the books. Just overall not a cohesive look.

Good Lord! she just turned 18 and now she is following in her sisters footsteps and going out to clubs??!!! what is the legal drinking age in England? And don't most of these clubs have an age limit to enter?
For some odd reason, I never thought Eugenie would go down this road. She just seems the more reserved type to me and not the type to be hitting the clubs! Oh well. Not the first time I've guessed wrong!

I think it is 16 for light stuff like wine, and 18 for everything else. Eugenie is 18. In Europe you are an adult at 18, that means you can also vote, go out, drive a car in most countries, etc
I believe the Us is the only country that has the drinking age at 21, except of course countries where alcohol is is illegal anyway, like Saudi-Arabia.

They both looked like hell at Mahiki...jesus...just hot messes...

Has Eugenie received her coat of arms yet?

Unfortunately I think both girls take after their mother when it comes to fashion. Fergie has notorioulsy bad taste in clothes and fashion. Both girls are nice looking, if they could only get their fashion sense straightened out they could be stunning!!

for some reason eugenie looks like one of the beatles in the 4th pic.....IMO. n horrible outfits i must say......i have a horrid suspicion that sarah helped them pic out those outfits.....

wow...a far cry from the birthday pics in the magazine.

I think it is 16 for light stuff like wine, and 18 for everything else. Eugenie is 18. In Europe you are an adult at 18, that means you can also vote, go out, drive a car in most countries, etc
I believe the Us is the only country that has the drinking age at 21, except of course countries where alcohol is is illegal anyway, like Saudi-Arabia.
16 or 17 can drink beer, wine or cider with a meal if it is bought by an adult and they are accompanied by an adult. NO spirits though

In Scotland, 16/17 year olds can buy beer, wine or cider so long as it's served with a meal and consumed in an area used solely for eating meals

At 18, you are considered an adult and you can buy and consume any alcoholic product.

16 or 17 can drink beer, wine or cider with a meal if it is bought by an adult and they are accompanied by an adult. NO spirits though

In Scotland, 16/17 year olds can buy beer, wine or cider so long as it's served with a meal and consumed in an area used solely for eating meals

At 18, you are considered an adult and you can buy and consume any alcoholic product.

Ah, ok thanks. In Germany it is basically the same.

I think Princess Eugenie looked great. Very Kate Moss/Alexa Chung fashion style. Princess Beatrice on the other hand didnt look as good, but they're both dressing fairly fashionably.

I must be really hard to find the right look when you're a young royal.

I've seen other photos of both princesses, taken at the same time as those rather unattractive ones reproduced here, and I thought that they looked quite good; even Eugenie's cornflower blue fingernails which matched the pretty colour of her dress were not out of place.

I'd like to think that we can extend some sort of tolerance to these young women. I don't think that they ever look badly dressed, considering their ages (and golly gosh, couldn't it be a whole lot worse?). Both, I've read, have something of an artistic flair, and I'm quite pleased that they feel confident enough to flaunt their personalities and preferences. The days of expecting our princesses to only wear twin-sets and pearls have passed, surely?

Comparisons with their mother are unkind, too, I think. Sarah suffered unreasonable abuse, in my opinion, because she wasn't a skinny, stick-insect, in build. From photos, she doesn't appear to ever have been abnormally large to me, except after the birth of her children, and I'm sure that many here can sympathise with that. Today, Sarah looks svelte, has obviously worked very hard to rehabilitate herself and to accommodate her daughters, but if we dislike her clothes and presentation, who are we to say that she's wrong and we're right? We can disagree, of course, and criticise, for what it's worth, but condemn outright, I wouldn't have thought.

Like Paris Hilton, I have abnormally large feet, though I'm taller than she. However, if my persona were discussed in terms of my feet alone, I'd be most disgruntled and unhappy. Maybe, then, it's possible to desist from commenting on Beatrice's eyes, which, like my big feet, she was born with and can do precious little to alter. And given that so many females go to considerable trouble to adorn their eyes with paint and other artifices to make them appear larger, I think that Princess Bea is particularly fortunate!

The days of expecting our princesses to only wear twin-sets and pearls have passed, surely?
I don't believe anyone expects them to wear a twinset and pearls, but it would be oh so nice, if just once they managed to look as if they had paid attention to what they were wearing. There are many young women who, with and without the benefit of the money available to these two, who manage to look absolutely wonderful, whilst still looking 'trendy'.

Any young woman is 'allowed' a fashion disaster or two, but they get it consistently wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom