Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 6: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So really the whole MESS is Sarah's FAULT!!

Beatrice's boyfriend gives her a ring

While speculation of an engagement between Prince William and Kate Middleton mounts steadily, things are becoming increasingly serious between William's younger cousin Beatrice and her 'spaceman' boyfriend David Clark

IS SHE INSANE!! Ingaged at barely age 18!!

Skydragon said:
Beatrice's boyfriend gives her a ring

While speculation of an engagement between Prince William and Kate Middleton mounts steadily, things are becoming increasingly serious between William's younger cousin Beatrice and her 'spaceman' boyfriend David Clark

Haven't we all gotten friendship-rings by a boyfriend around the age of 16-20?That's why this kind of ring is on the market... because that's what girls this age like - a form of commitment which is still quite teenyish...;)

Jo of Palatine said:
Haven't we all gotten friendship-rings by a boyfriend around the age of 16-20?That's why this kind of ring is on the market... because that's what girls this age like - a form of commitment which is still quite teenyish...;)
I did not think of it that way.

another rumor of wedding? first zara, after william and now beatrice? the press is desesperate for a royal wedding

Must the Daily Mail always use that picture of Beatrice? It is absoultely disgusting and in such poor taste. I do not want to see a picture that revels that much without being warned. :bang:

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Must the Daily Mail always use that picture of Beatrice? It is absoultely disgusting and in such poor taste. I do not want to see a picture that revels that much without being warned. :bang:
That picture is almost a wardrobe malfunction. (Janet Jackson 2006 Super Bowl fiasco.)

Andrew gave Sarah the same kind of ring (she still wears it) before they got engaged. Sarah called it a Russian wedding ring in her book.

So it is not all that uncommon in royal circles.

cowarth said:
IS SHE INSANE!! Ingaged at barely age 18!!

I wouldn't go as far as to call her insane. A friend of mine is 18 and got engaged to her boyfriend after only 5 months of dating. They won't marry until after she graduates from college (he's 2 years older than her). They're quite happy together and if it's in God's plan (which I think it is), they'll marry. I think it's ridiculous to assume that just because someone is 18 or around that age that they are immature and can't make a decision of that gravity. Sure, you have some people in their late-teens, early 20s who are quite irresonsible, but there are plenty of level-headed 18-22 year olds who can make a decision like that, responsibly. When the time comes, I'm sure Beatrice will do the same. I'm sure she doesn't want what happened to her parents to happen to her. She's been raised well (from what I can see), and she'll make the right decision for her when the time comes. Just because she has no fashion sense whatsoever doesn't mean she's immature.

And remember that she has the safety valve of needing the Queen's permission in order to conduct a legal marriage - she is subject to the RMA.

I doubt if the Queen will be giving her consent any time soon to a marriage for Beatrice.

Now that is a very legal way of using "but my family won't allow it!"

I would not want a mad Granny in Bea's case!

Note the article also says...
Clearly, it's not an official engagement or wedding ring as Beatrice is still only 18, but Dave has told Beatrice that it's a sign of his commitment to her and that's more than enough for Beatrice.
It's probably just a promise ring.

cowarth said:
That picture is almost a wardrobe malfunction. (Janet Jackson 2006 Super Bowl fiasco.)

Beatrice seems to like to show off her, erm, assets :), so I think we're going to see more of them. It's not a look I find particularly attractive or classy, but she's legally an adult now and if she wants to flaunt her flesh, well so be it! I would like to think she'll grow out of it, but then I think of her mother:lol:

I hope she gets more conservative in her dress.

I hope Beatrice doesn't fall into the trap of a young girl with low self esteem that falls for the first dashing young man who talks nicely to her but apparently, Andrew and Sarah both are relieved with Dave, thinking he is a good influence on her.

I hope he's not the type to take advantage of a girl because she is well placed. Beatrice seems especially vulnerable.

Why do they call him the spaceman? I know he works for Virgin Atlantic but I don't see the connection unless it has to do with airplanes.

Last edited:
Virgin Atlantic is doing a "common-man" space journey. For a mere $25 million (est.), you too can be shot into space and come back happier than Elton John!

Dave works for a company that does space flights, so its an easy moniker.

I wonder why she doesn't date guys more her own age. She doesn't seem particularly mature ~ meaning she'd find those her own age boring or something. If anything, I'd think she'd have more in common emotionally/intellectually with those her own age. And you'd think her parents would be more encouraging of that. I don't get it.

Bella said:
I wonder why she doesn't date guys more her own age. She doesn't seem particularly mature ~ meaning she'd find those her own age boring or something. If anything, I'd think she'd have more in common emotionally/intellectually with those her own age. And you'd think her parents would be more encouraging of that. I don't get it.
i totally agree with you. there must be some guys that she knows who are her age. i think it is ridoculous for her to think that she is mature enough(she should have learnt from what happened with Pauolo)

cowarth said:
Can you find an English translation?
The royalty also dances, and not only waltz. If in his moment we found out that the prince William moved the skeleton to the rhythm of the sticky songs of the British group Spice girls, today we have discovered than his cousins the princesses Beatrice and Eugenia move her hips to the sound of the Colombian singer's talked-about themes Shakira. Both sisters gave number away to the artist with their sovereign presence during the concert 100 of his tour and they did not resist themselves to pat oneself on the back after his acting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, Madjenn. Shakira looks positively teeny next to the York girls.

Beatrice has been around older persons all her life.

She hears their conversations and perhaps has developed similar interests which puts her more in common with them than her peer group.

Suonymona said:
Beatrice has been around older persons all her life.
She hears their conversations and perhaps has developed similar interests which puts her more in common with them than her peer group.
This is why she likes older men.

Can they dance?

She is taller then her sister now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom