Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the gail

I love that color on Kate!! But i still say she looks like she has lost a lot of:rolleyes: weight.

She does look really nice with that pink colour. But, is she still with Prince William? I'm very confused. The press/ paparazzi really makes up ridiculous rumours about people. I think they'll be back together soon.

She does look really nice with that pink colour. But, is she still with Prince William? I'm very confused. The press/ paparazzi really makes up ridiculous rumours about people. I think they'll be back together soon.

As of Saturday, anyway, she and William are still together. They were definitely affectionate at the boxing event; the photo of William with his hand on her back is very telling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts rehashing the reported breakup of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April 2007 have been deleted from the current events thread.
The Breakup thread was closed in May 2007 for the reason stated here.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I don't buy this story at all. The tables seem to have been given to people who are actually related to the Queen--grandchildren of HM and children of the Michaels of Kent. The article also states:

"The Queen has invited her granddaughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie who will each host tables of ten on Friday. Zara Phillips was also invited to have her own table on Ladies’ Day but is also understood to have pulled out.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent’s children Lord Freddie and Lady Gabriella Windsor have been given tables to host on Saturday."

It remains to be seen whether or not Kate will even be there in the Royal Enclosure.

Well according to the article she won't because she modestly turned the offer down. :lol: This way the DM is really safe because even if Kate doesn't show up (as expected) that won't prove their story wrong since they claimed she wouldn't be going. Has she ever attended Ascot before? I know she's been to Cheltenham a couple of times but Ascot...
It's also curious that this article comes from Katie Nicholls who braught the "Queen told Kate to get a job" article a couple of weeks ago. What is it now? Either HM does not like Kate because she's a lazy WAG or she does approve of her to the point that she would invite her to Ascot. Do these "journalists" not feel stupid to contradict themselves so much and so obviously?

:lol: hmmmmm, i'd be confused if i didn't understand they're covering their bases. is the mail trying to "tear her down" how rude to refuse a generous, warm offer from the Queen
or "buiding her up" for being demure and not wanting undeserved attention?
doesn't matter as long as it sells papers and they can't be sued.

"Do these "journalists" not feel stupid to contradict themselves so much and so obviously?" isana you are too kind referring to these fiction hacks as journalists, more like ambulance chasers.

It seems doubtful such an offer would even be made. If is was, it is more likely that Kate would have been asked, in the Princes' absence, to act as an unofficial hostess for a table made up of William and Harry's oldest friends, most of whom belong to families friendly with the BRF for years. I can't imagine for a moment that Kate would be so disrespectful and rude to HM and decline such an invitation.

I think the article is false.

I can not see the Queen inviting Catherine to host a table in the princes' place without her being offically engaged to Prince William.

I think Catherine might have been invited at one of the Queen's tables though because she enjoys horse racing.:flowers:

perhaps the reason she was asked is because maybe they are actually engaged and have been asked to keep it quiet until william finishes his military duties.

:whistling::ROFLMAO:"Miss Middleton was personally invited by the Queen" and then ‘Kate’s also been advised to take a back seat publicity-wise". So which is it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The Mail, as reliable and accurate as usual! :whistling::lol:

I stumbled about this as well :ROFLMAO: - shall we now think that the queen is not as prudent as her advisors? That there are two Courts involved with different agendas? Oh, the delightful possibilities....:lol: Or is it just plain stupid by Ms. Nicholls who simply did not think on writing her little piece?

Is there any pictures of Kate in the royal car with Harry?

Just thumnails of Kate's attendance at Order of the Garter Event:
Rex Features

Kate looks wonderful.

-Ayvee

That's a very nice hat Kate had on, and not one of the frilly/flowery perched on a band-thing. I think the suit was seen last year for her friend's gallery opening in Dublin.

I was just watching the ITV news. They showed Kate as being snuck in through a side door. Saying Kat was 'snuck' in through a side door but was caught by the press. How odd when she was so prominent with the royal family

It will be interesting to know how many people went in through the side door. I'd expect the newsreader to just tell the news as is, without the sly comments. They might as well toss in a wink at the camera too.

She looks happy with Harry!:lol: I see more pictures of her and him than her and William looking happy!

Thats exactly what I was thinking! They look like the couple, haha.

I thought she looked really wonderful today. My favorite look of hers. I wonder if she already has someone who helps her find the appropriate clothes to wear to events like this.

I don't see why she shouldn't have been there. I knew she would be there, that is his girlfriend, she should have been there. Let's face it people, wherever thay go together there will be more speculation. Mike was there when Zara received her MBE, they aren't engaged. It doesn't mean they are engaged, it's just like when William passed out at Sandhurst two years ago, she was there, big deal! People shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

I don't see why she shouldn't have been there. I knew she would be there, that is his girlfriend, she should have been there. Let's face it people, wherever thay go together there will be more speculation. Mike was there when Zara received her MBE, they aren't engaged. It doesn't mean they are engaged, it's just like when William passed out at Sandhurst two years ago, she was there, big deal! People shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

In this history of the royal family, girlfriends don't attend such events. Fiancees and spouses do. Thats why its a big deal. Its different with Zara and Mike b/c she is a minor member of the family and that was also a different kind of event. And with Sandhurst that was also a more private event that the media had access to. It wasn't an official event like the Garter service. Thats how I perceive it anyway.

As far as I could get information about the Garter ceremony from various sites including this very interesting site about the woodsculptor of the Garter Crests (Family Coats of Arms and Crests; individually carved and painted Coats of Arms and Crests by Heraldic sculptor Ian G Brennan.) it is only the spouses who are invited to take a stall at St. George's Chapel and that waiting at the Galilee Porch of the Chapel is reserved for the Royal family and Royal guests if a foreign Royal is to be installed at the service.

But of course when Prince Andrew invited his ex-wife to his installation in 2006 Sarah waited with Beatrice, Eugenie, Sophie and Camilla at the Galilee Porch as could be seen in pics printed by the Daily Mail back then.

Posts concerned with the more speculative question of an engagement rather than the discussion of current events have been moved to the Prince William Engagement Rumours and Speculation thread.

Posts attempting to guess a date of an engagement announcement have been removed from the current events thread.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom