Prince Henrik Diagnosed with Dementia: September 2017 & Further Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How he would be disturbing? He is also a member of the family.

That's the word he used. - He might also have meant intrusive.

According to various sources, only J&M's son, Henrik, is not present at Rigshospitalet right now.
Perhaps he has flu? Many are down with flu these days here in DK.

:previous:

Photographs show all the children but Henrik entering the hospital with their parents.

It means the twins and Athena are also present?

The entire family ? Including all grandchildren ? I'm afraid that is not a good sign.

Yes everyone except Henrik jr was seen when they arrived.

As i see it, it could be 2 things.

1. They have all an opportunity to visit together and spend some time there together with PH as a complete family. Hopefully it is "just" that.

2. They have been asked by the doctors to come all together because the end is near. I fear that is exactly what is happening now :(

Last edited:
Oh wow....I knew Prince Henrik was ill but didn't quite think it was this bad. It seems that things have taken a turn for the worse. Prayers go out to the family. I hope for the best, but based on what I've been reading...that doesn't seem to be the case and I think Muhler is correct in saying we should be prepared for an announcement soon.

Oh wow....I knew Prince Henrik was ill but didn't quite think it was this bad. It seems that things have taken a turn for the worse. Prayers go out to the family. I hope for the best, but based on what I've been reading...that doesn't seem to be the case and I think Muhler is correct in saying we should be prepared for an announcement soon.

Well, perhaps he was simply calling for them? Then someone called QMII and she decided the whole family should go?

If he did, and this turns out to be the last time he saw his entire family, I'm glad.

How he would be disturbing? He is also a member of the family.

He is a nephew. In most cases grown nieces and nephews (especially in larger families) don't impose on the close family in times like these. This nephew last saw him in August, so not a sign of a very close relationship at first sight. I am sure there are many non family members who have a closer relationship with the prince than his many nieces and nephews.

Glad to read that his youngest sister is on his way and that the larger family is being kept informed but doesn't expect front seats.

Perhaps it isn’t quite as bad as we think. Didn’t someone post above that all the family left after 40 minutes. I’m sure if the end was close then they would have stayed by Henrik’s side.

I think we should be prepared for an announcement within the next hour.
A video from TV2: Kongefamilien samles hos prins Henrik - TV 2

Why do you think that? I think Prince Henriks' situation is grave, but I don't think he has died. Looking at the faces of the members of the Royal Family visiting him this afternoon, I don't think the end has come.

Last edited:
My impression was the opposite. If the entire family left en masse after 40 minutes, it points to no reason to stay there.

Maybe his doctors has asked them to leave as Henrik needs to rest and that the visit has overstrained him. I am sure when time X has come they will call them to get back.

Perhaps it isn’t quite as bad as we think. Didn’t someone post above that all the family left after 40 minutes. I’m sure if the end was close then they would have stayed by Henrik’s side.

No one really knows what's going on inside those hospital doors. When King Frederik IX died in 1972 the family left the hospital by cars 10 minutes later.

As long as there is life, there is always hope. But the family do not look positive when they come and go.

If he's about to pass, I hope for him it will go quickly. My first idea was regarding Frederik that his father is already on life support and that the end is near. The timing is no indication, very often its not good to be surrounded by a group of people for a long time, even if it's close family. I've heard quite often and it was my own experience that people prefer to pass when they are alone and in peace. For example, my mother was around my father in the hospital for the whole day and only went outsite to speak the doctors for 10 minutes, when she came back my father had passed.

:previous: That happened with my mother as well.
We had been around for hours and when we left for ten minutes, she died.

Oddly enough, since she was seemingly unconscious the whole time.

Thank you, Muhler, for the updates.

I do pray that His Royal Highness Prince Henrik will pull through.

Only if he could still have a good quality of life. I hope whatever is best for him and his family occurs.

Nobody knows what the subconscious senses.

Maybe his doctors has asked them to leave as Henrik needs to rest and that the visit has overstrained him. I am sure when time X has come they will call them to get back.

If Prince Henrik is in intensive care unit and the care has future the visiting time is short, about 15 min per two or three visitors at time, if he is in very poor and in terminal point at normal unit the near relatives can stay there as long they wish. Also if there is hope he is in ICU with this knowledge we have now. I believe he is unconscious anyway. Short visit gives a little hope actually.

I am intensive care unit nurse.

After twenty years caring for the elderly and watching over people at the end of their days inumerable times Ive seen people pass when they have a moment alone so many times. Ive also experienced first hand how they, even when unconsious, are aware of what happens around them.

:previous: That happened with my mother as well.
We had been around for hours and when we left for ten minutes, she died.

Oddly enough, since she was seemingly unconscious the whole time.

same with my father. the doctors said it was very common that those about to pass want to be alone and not stressed by people around them who are very often in distress, and once they have their peace they can concentrate on passing.

therefore its good to have family there on a limited time, especially children.

That's true. I had a colleague years ago who died from breast cancer. Near the end, there were a lot of people who went to visit her for the last time. She finally told everyone to leave so that she could die in peace.

After twenty years caring for the elderly and watching over people at the end of their days inumerable times Ive seen people pass when they have a moment alone so many times. Ive also experienced first hand how they, even when unconsious, are aware of what happens around them.

That is just my point how the near relatives would be with him if he is in terminal point and not at ICU.

same with my father. the doctors said it was very common that those about to pass want to be alone and not stressed by people around them who are very often in distress, and once they have their peace they can concentrate on passing.

therefore its good to have family there on a limited time, especially children.

I didn't know that it was this common. But my mom says she always regrets walking out for a short time from the bedside of both my grandparents...when she came back, they had passed away. (Her brothers were there.)

My father died i the middle of the night. During the days leading up to it , my mother, myself, his father, his sister and her family sat at his bedside. When everyone had left, i had left, the doctors and nurses in the night shift wasn't in the room and my mother was asleep in the guest bed he passed peacefully away.

Even though he wasn't awake during the last days, he could hear us according to the doctors and i have always imagined that he didn't wanted to do it with a lot of people there and held out until everyone had left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom