Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Picture Thread, Part 1 (Sept. 2005 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply Elsa.:D I've enjoyed reading all the threads you posted.:)

dana press and rex features

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend the final matches of Davis Cup 2004.

December 4 & 5, 2004 - From Colourpress

Some more, still from Colourpress

The last ones from Colourpress

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia after visiting the Guadalupe Monastery, in the Province of Caceres, 11 December 2004

From Colourpress

I don't understand why Letizia is loking to the bullfight.
It's so terrible.
Those animals heve soo much pain.

Well, bullfight is a very significant ethnical and cultural demonstration in Spain. The Princes of Asturias are going to be the supreme figures of Spain, so they had to attend that spectacle the days before the wedding, as it was regarded almost as ritual of blessing (the bullfighter gave them his hat, at the end, as a sign of respect and best wishes).

Queen Sofia herself doesn't stand bullfights, but she had to watch one, when they visited Açores last Summer, as it's a compliment paid by the people to the Kings of Spain.

When you're a royal, you must respect the culture of your people and of the peoples you're visiting, even if you don't appreciate it. It's part of the job, and that's what people expect from them.

Still from Caceres, Still from Colourpress:

Of course I understand that they have to respect the culture but i's a pity that those animals most suffer

more from corbis...

i just love Letizia's pink coat. it matched her shoes as well...

Spanish Royals Visit Madrid "112" Emergency Center

Prince and Princess of Asturias visit the Emergency Health Central headquarters in Madrid. This centre has been recognized internationally for its exemplary work assisting the victims of the Madrid bombing attacks. Felipe and Letizia toured the installation with the President of the Madrid's Autonomous Region, Esperanza Aguirre.
September 10, 2004

Last edited:
Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia visit Catalonia on November 2004
(courtesy of corbis)

mar said:
Of course I understand that they have to respect the culture but i's a pity that those animals most suffer
Nobody said the contrary...

courtesy of corbis :

February 8, 2004
Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz on Ski Holidays
Prince Felipe and his fiancee, Laetizia Ortiz, spend a weekend skiing in the Spanish Pyrenees.
Baqueira, Spain

just a little flashback from corbis..

January 30, 2004

Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz Visiting a Monastery in Asturias
Prince Felipe of Spain and fiancee Letizia Ortiz on visit to the monastery of Covadonga, near the city of Oviedo, on Prince Felipe's 36th birthday.

just a few more from corbis..

December 6, 2003

25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution
Prince Felipe and fiancee Letizia Ortiz attend a commemorative concert given for the 25th anniversary of Spain's new constitution, at the Theatro Real.

From corbis

December 7, 2003

25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution
The Spanish Royal Family stands in front of the Parliament upon its arrival for the commemorative concert given for the 25th anniversary of the Spanish new constitution, at the Theatro Real. It is the first time that Prince Felipe's bride Letizia Ortiz appears with the Spanish Royal family during an official event.

Madrid September 7th, 2005 - Soccer game between Spain and Serbia & Montenegro.

Zuma Press

Zuma Press put together a selection of close-ups of Princess Letizia.

Some of them I haven't seen before, these are the ones I post here

Some beautiful pictures from her first gala, I never saw many, and I liked the dress very much (pitty about the sash) from AP

and one from her so far last one (Pic by Carlos Alvarez for getty) The long dresses appearances are few and far between in Spain even if they have many more state visits than other countries

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Some beautiful pictures from her first gala, I never saw many, and I liked the dress very much
It's one of my favourites too, Larzen! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for posting those, Larzen and for reminding us how fabulous she looked :)

You are both welcome, here is another event where she looked perfect, the Vatican, both were "less is more" fashion statements IMO. (AP/REX/Europa press)

Last edited:
thanks by these pretty photos

Larzen said:
You are both welcome, here is another event where she looked perfect, the Vatican, both were "less is more" fashion statements IMO. (AP/REX/Europa press)

Those are precious Larzen! Thank you so much.:)

And indeed this was a "fashion statement"

She looks so elegant in the black dress and the blue sash. What is the brooch and order she is wearing on her. Felipe in his beard, he is definitly eyecandy.

Larzen, you are totaly right Letizia was absolutly and perfectly elegant for the Pope's reception . I's very astonished that it's was no many more pics or reports about this event because as we can see Letizia showned a true and hieratic figure of Princess of Asturias with a great natural and I did'nt remaber that the press was speaking alot about this event more succefull fot Letizia.

the black dress was absolutely beautiful. everything was so perfect. i felt quite sorry for her to have to wear black in the vatican, where at the time they went it's pretty hot and sunny.

i would say the dress is my favourite of letizia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom