Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 15: February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Translation:

"I want my first words to express, in the Princess’ and my own name, our deep affective greeting and welcome to all the victims of terrorism - both Spanish and coming from other countries - to this warm city of Valencia.

Thus are inaugurated these journeys of coexistence, but also of reflection and analysis, within the framework of this Third International Congress of Victims of Terrorism.

Let me address our congratulation to the Valencian Independent Community and to the city of Valencia, for its generosity by hosting this Congress with its traditional hospitality reinforced by the affection of all. We are sincerely thankful to all those who participate in this organization for the invitation to preside over this act.

As you remember, I already had the unforgettable opportunity of being able to join you two years ago in the inaugural act of the First International Congress celebrated in Madrid. And I also wanted to be here today - this time along with the Princess -, to reiterate our firmest condemnation and our deep repulse towards terrorism; in order to share again with you this deep moment of emotion, and to dedicate our sincere tribute of permanent solidarity and commitment to all the victims of terrorism and to their families.

Just a few weeks after the First Congress, we lived in Spain that ferocious attack of terrorist barbarism that, on March 11th 2004, so wildly harvested the life of 192 people in Madrid, wounding hundreds of people and sinking Spain in a deep commotion and a profound pain. Since then, we have accompanied the deep suffering of cities like London or Cairo, among others, where terrorism also left track of its cruelty without limits.

Terrorism continues being a great threat anywhere in the world; the restless enemy of the rights, values and fundamental principles of all the men and women of good will: Life and Freedom, Peace and Dignity. And it is thus, no matter the reasons, the excuses, the ideologies or the flag that impels it; simply because no cause can ever legitimize it.

The victims represent the most eloquent and cruel plea against the always unjustifiable, always perverse terrorist phenomenon. All the victims of the terrorism, all you without distinction, have in common the unfortunate being struck, in the most unnecessary as irrational way, by the most cowardly aberration that the human being can perpetrate.

The whole society owes its permanent endorsement, its affection and understanding and all its respect to you. Those feelings are indeed those that today, once again, we want to transmit to you with these words.

In front of that common, fanatical and heartless enemy, whose face is blurred by the hatred atrocities, threats, alibis or extortions, we have to remain firm. Only through the strength of our democratic convictions, our moral certainty, and relying on all the instruments of the State of Right, reinforced by the international cooperation, will we be able to fight it with effectiveness, and definitely eradicate such pain - caused by those who see in violence the only and absurd language – from our societies.

Only this way we will be able to continue living our future peacefully and freedom, under the tolerance and the pluralism that feed the democratic coexistence.

For many years, the terrorism has ruthlessly snatched lives, causing hundreds of wounded people, breaking without remedy numerous families, seeding suffering and destruction in so many countries, towns and cities. Unfortunately, for decades, Spain has known well the death and pain caused by terrorism, and the Spaniards have always condemned with firmness its aberrant actions, reacting with rejection and indignation to their objectives, and generously with dignity offering our solidarity to its victims.

But there is something it has never reached and that it will never achieve: to defeat us. It has not mined our moral strength, it has not managed to break our will to stop it, it has not destroyed our faith on that only democracy, respect to pluralism, the defence of freedom and coexistence is possible to construct a fair society, in which they no one has the capacity to use violence and its useless destructive eagerness. In sum, the execrable actions of the terrorism have never been able nor will ever be able to abolish our confidence on that the democracy, along with its liberties and rights, will always prevail over them.

There are you, the victims, and your relatives those who strengthen our societies against the terrorist barbarism. Your dignity in the pain, your sacrificed example and your unshakeable spirit constitute the mirror in which we all have to watch ourselves. Because, having suffered as much as you have, you have never responded violence with violence, you have never replaced the hope by the desperation, and you have never resigned to the reasonableness and justice to put an end to the terrorism. Your commitment with the freedom and justice, so exemplary and so worthy, reinforces its value, when it reflects the commitment of all the society, united, convinced and shared in common.

We wish that these Journeys are fruitful and can contribute to bring consolation, strength and hope to each one of you (those who have suffered the atrocious harm of terror); that they can make you feel that you are not alone, that our heart is with you.

For that reason, allow me to finish with the same words that I have pronounced two years ago, on the occasion of your First Congress: you, victims of the terrorism, are not alone, nor in your pain neither in your hope. We are and we will always be at your side.

Allow me, finally, to fulfil the personal order which I have received from H.M. the King to transmit, in his own and on H.M. the Queen’s name, the expression of his deepest affection and solidarity to all the victims of the terrorism and to their families, reinforcing that you will always be able to count on the greatest respect, on the permanent breath and constant endorsement of the Crown”.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060214/51233531727.html

The headquarters of the Cervantes in Pekin will be the major one of the world

The Institute Cervantes will open in June in China the one that will be its major international headquarters, in a place of 3000 skilful, placed square meters in the heart of Pekin. The minister of culture, Carmen Calvo, visited yesterday four floors of the headquarters, in a modern building of six floors, which might be a completely Hispanic space in the Chinese capital, with a great logo in its front, if there is fulfilled the intention of which other delegations and Spanish companies install to themselves in other two floors.
The headquarters, which will be inaugurated officially by the Princes of Asturias in June

An excellent speech!

Wonderful photos everyone, the way the Spanish Royals dealt with the Madrid bombings is something I have always admired.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/ed_santiago/noticia.jsp?CAT=123&TEXTO=4517043

The Princes will return in March Santiago

The Princes of Asturias will return to visit again Santiago soon. Felipe and Letizia will come back to the capital of Galicia on the 2nd and 3rd of March to inaugurate Cooperativismo Agrario's V Congreso that will be celebrated in the Country house of Congresses and Exposicións under the motto "Sharing opportunities". This congress will rely on also the presence of other authorities as Emilio Perez Touriño, president of the Xunta; Elena Espinosa, minister of Agriculture; and Lars Hoelgaard, attached general manager of Agriculture of the EU.

Princes of Asturias

Hearing to a representation of the Society de Informacio'n y Control de Publicaciones S.A.. Palace of the Zarzuela. Madrid

Hearing to a representation of the Promotional Organization of the Jamón de Teruel and the Regulating Council of the Denomination of Origin Jamón de Teruel Palace of the Zarzuela. Madrid

from www.casareal.es

Attachments

• 217ew.jpg
    217ew.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 168
Images from terra

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
is this outfit recycled? I can see it brown and black?

From La Vanguardia:

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060216/51233724054.html

The president of the Regulatory Council of the denomination of origin Ham of Teruel, Enrique Bayona, delivered the award this morning to the Princess of Asturias " Ham of Teruel Three Million ". The ham weighs eight kilograms and a half and has been in a dry to more than 800 meters of height for 18 months. The regulatory Council of the ham of Teruel was created in 1985, and in 2005 it produced half a million pieces with a value of sale of 38 million Euros.
ANGEL DÍAZ / EFE

some captures from antena3

Last edited:
Even I like Felipe so much, honey you should stay home with Leonor, just for today... Letizia looks very happy, and I like the jacket and the skirt, but I would rather separate :)

rchainho said:
is this outfit recycled? I can see it brown and black?

i don't think so. the skirt is definetely new, the jacket may probably be recycled, but as it's a simple basic black jacket it's difficult to tell. it's one of those things that match with everything.

carlota said:
i don't think so. the skirt is definetely new, the jacket may probably be recycled, but as it's a simple basic black jacket it's difficult to tell. it's one of those things that match with everything.

I think the outfit is new

In addition to Ham "three million", from 8.5 kilograms of weight, Doña Letizia have received a standard of gold and brilliants of the regulating Council, a basket with products of the province of Teruel -- trufas, cheese, peach, oil, among others -- and an allegorical statuette of the Jamón de Teruel. A wrist dressed in a medieval, allusive suit to the celebration of the Weddings of Isabel, that is celebrated east weekend in the city of Teruel, and white gold slopes for small Doña Leonor, has been others of the presents.

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actua...6304924&dia=20060216&seccion=culturaysociedad

Images from getty

Attachments

• 56863513.jpg
    56863513.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 23821651.jpg
    23821651.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 192
  • 23821652.jpg
    23821652.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 23821653.jpg
    23821653.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 23821654.jpg
    23821654.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 23821655.jpg
    23821655.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 165
  • 23821656.jpg
    23821656.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 23821657.jpg
    23821657.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 23821658.jpg
    23821658.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 23821659.jpg
    23821659.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 156
What a so beautiful face ! and which look !

From seeger press

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00155515.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00155515.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 174
So many great pics lula! The Princess looked wonderful today, so fresh and happy! She also seems to have a new brancelet if I'm not wrong (maybe a Valentine's Day gift from her hubby:D?). And Leonor received another dolly!

Last edited:
more of the "ham" with Letizia & Felipe (from Goff)

and some more...

Last edited:
now... Felipe & Letizia receiving the 'doll'
(photos from Goff)

and some others...

Last edited:
Letizia looks really beautiful :) :eek:
the lovely couple ;) .. from Goff

YES....she is really really beautifull,elegant and natural...she is very natural.PERFECT!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom