Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, July 1986

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree I liked Sarah's gown I think it had more to do with the designer then Sarah going on other things we saw Sarah in at the time. The whole flower tiara thing was too staged for me and not needed. I actually found her bouquet too small for the dress. But I like the sparkles and embroidery although some of it was a little over the top. Between the bees, anchors, bows and the initials etc it could off been toned down a little. I did like her flower girls they wore peach and it looked good I preferred it to the white. I noticed it was a little short probably so she wouldn't trip Sarah has never been the most graceful walker. The material is what made the dress I think some lessons were learnt from Diana's mistakes. I still don't understand why they chose that material for her dress they knew she would be in a coach etc. But Diana did sparkle and she loved the dress she was also 20 when she got married if she had off been a couple of years older I think she would off chosen better! Even Sarah was surprised in how good that dress made her look her designer was very smart and chose a style that would flatter her. I agree about the hair too it was too fussy!

I personally loved the flowers on her hair.I thought it was lovely.In my opinion I would love to see it more often today.

The only things I did not like about Sarah's look was the hair and the "A" on the train.

I thought all the sparkles with the initials, bees, helicopter etc just made the whole thing tacky, like some over the top prom dress. The designer & Sarah exercised no restraint in the decoration at all. It was probably our first clue as to what Sarah would become.

:previous:Eeeeeeeeek!!! I'm always afraid of the male point of view. LOL

I thought all the sparkles with the initials, bees, helicopter etc just made the whole thing tacky, like some over the top prom dress. The designer & Sarah exercised no restraint in the decoration at all. It was probably our first clue as to what Sarah would become.

Sorry, Sarah's gown was lovely and suited her well. It was prettier than Diana's and, certainly, prettier than the queen's.

COUNTESS said:
Sorry, Sarah's gown was lovely and suited her well. It was prettier than Diana's and, certainly, prettier than the queen's.

Prettier then Diana's? Yes but prettier then the Queens? That's pushing it a bit. The Queens dress is timeless and could be worn by any of her grandchildren and still look good. Sarah's on the other hand has to much 80s with the bow and puffy sleeves.

Very difficult to compare really as we are looking at gowns all from very different fashion eras. Opinions and trends do change and what may have looked good 20 or 30 years ago will not necessarily look good today. None of the gowns (HM, Diana and Sarah) in my opinion were timeless creations. They merely suited the era in which they were designed.

Last edited:
Comparing Sarah & Diana's dresses will always come down to personal tastes but the one area which I think Sarah's dress did triumph was it fitted her perfectly. Whenever I see head & shoulder wedding shots of Diana, I want to get some pins out and make some adjustment to the shoulders.

:previous:Eeeeeeeeek!!! I'm always afraid of the male point of view. LOL

LOL, simple & elegant is always best IMO but I will grant you that the 80's was a pretty over the top era. I still dont understand why any woman, especially one with weight issues, would want a giant bow on her backside:eek:.

LOL, simple & elegant is always best IMO but I will grant you that the 80's was a pretty over the top era. I still dont understand why any woman, especially one with weight issues, would want a giant bow on her backside:eek:.

Sarah was slim when she married; she's not angular and never will be. I liked the giant bow and if I ever marry again, I, too, will have a GIANT BOW ON MY BACKSIDE! LOL...sooooo funny, NG.

It is the package wrapping, untie here.

I think Sarah's bodice looked more generic than unique and Diana's was more classic in style. Sarah looked rather ordinary, but Diana looked like the very word, PRINCESS and she looked wonderful.

:online2lo men like it

I am a man so that would be a negative vote from me. We might like "junk in the trunk" but there are limits and a big bow that makes you look like a wide load doesnt work.

Prettier then Diana's? Yes but prettier then the Queens? That's pushing it a bit. The Queens dress is timeless and could be worn by any of her grandchildren and still look good. Sarah's on the other hand has to much 80s with the bow and puffy sleeves.

I have to agree that Sarah's gown was prettier than the Queen's as well. I think the Queen's dress is nice but it was nothing spectacular and I didn't like the way the skirt was shaped. I will admit that it doesn't look like a 1940s dress imo, or what I have come to think of the 1940s so it could be worn today. I believe the same person who designed her wedding gown, designed her coronation gown and that one was much more of a masterpiece. As for Sarah's wedding gown, just get rid of the poofy sleeves and the bow on the butt and you've got yourself a 2011 winner.

It was a great moment when Andrew first saw Sarah in her wedding dress.

Some exclusive never before seen photos(least to me) of Andrew and Sarah's wedding day photoshoot were shown in a new documentary, they're on the balcony and there's some of Sarah by herself.

ETA: Here we go I apologize for the quality I took it from the tv and quickly I'll see if I can get them any better tomorrow.

mtbc05.jpg

175oxk.jpg

Last edited:
Where is she standing? i cant reallly make out where she is.

i cant wait to see the pictures, i always did like sarah.

^I have no idea where she is, the photographer was talking about the photos and amount of time he had and literally he then took the rolls he had and started showing these pics so I was like I've never seen these I gotta take caps. I don't think I can get them any better I think the tv quality is what makes them grainy and i have no other way of uploading them since my dvr won't let me upload anything.

ETA: Here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fALRUPuGR7M&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelEyesz89#p/c/6662657E32785C8D/7/fALRUPuGR7M

Last edited:
Some exclusive never before seen photos(least to me) of Andrew and Sarah's wedding day photoshoot were shown in a new documentary, they're on the balcony and there's some of Sarah by herself.

ETA: Here we go I apologize for the quality I took it from the tv and quickly I'll see if I can get them any better tomorrow.

mtbc05.jpg

175oxk.jpg

Thanx for posting these! Greatly appreciated. As others have said, Sarah never looked better than on that day.

That is so true even she admits that. I did like most of her dress although I did find all the bows and anchor a little overboard but that is Sarah's style.

Sarah was beautiful and slim on her wedding day, I don't mind where the bow was positioned but the fact that there is even a bow is kind of a problem. But I forgive her because the dress was overall so pretty.

When Sarah curtsied to the Queen on their way out, it was her father's proudest moment.

I remember that wedding. It was really very beautiful, and Andrew was the best looking Royal prince in Europe then. Sarah's gown was so beautiful on TV, and the two of them were so crazy for one another.

One of my all time favorite Royal weddings! :p

Back
Top Bottom