Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events 5: January 2018 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I never expected the Princess ever to attend an official function...!

This most be Princess Charlene's first trip outside Monaco in along time ,hope they all have a nice visit to Norway.

I hope there are some pictures from the lunch, it would be great to see the Princely family with all of the Norwegian royals.

thanks for posting the pictures, great to see the whole little family out together !

It is Martha Louise not Ingrid Alexandra who joined the lunch.

That is a grat picture.

In the picture, to me, I-A looks far more like Martha Louise than I had previously thought.
No wonder as it is Märtha Louise and not IA. At last she was mentioned in the norwegian Thread as attending.

It was a good choice to make the first official travel to abroad to Norway, after the illness of the princess. This country is beautiful, good for the soul and the royal family is more relaxed as the other royal family in Europe. Very nice photos, I am glad to see Charlene so happy, with smiles!��

I was going to say the Norwegian royals are the first foreign royals the twins have met but then I remembered it was actually Prince Andrew when he came to Monaco on an official trip a few years ago.

What happened to her Privilege de Blanc? Her dress is practically off the shoulder to meet the Pope.
She’s wearing black nail polish? She just about never wears nail polish?

I just don’t get any of it. JMHO.

What happened to her Privilege de Blanc? Her dress is practically off the shoulder to meet the Pope.

Privilege de blanc means that you can wear white, not that you have to. For instance Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte, who had the privilege, wore black to visit the Pope in 2000.
The black nail polish is... a choice...

Yes, as JR76 stated above, as I understand it, Priviledge du Blanc is as the name suggests a privilege, that you can choose to use or not. It is not that uncommon for someone to not exercise it, especially during a less formal occasion.

I guess there is no requirement regarding nail polish when meeting the Pope, so Charlene sticks with her edginess...?

Last edited:
Privilege de blanc means that you can wear white, not that you have to. For instance Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte, who had the privilege, wore black to visit the Pope in 2000.
The black nail polish is... a choice...

Its still very strange that when you have the Privilege de blanc that you would chose to wear black.
As a Roman Catholic I do find it very odd.

Is the Princess wearing a rosary or is it a pearl necklace with a cross?

Few additional photos from today's visit to the Pope
https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=20-07-2022 Monaco

Last edited:
Last time when she wore white that totally overshadowed the visit so maybe she decided to play it safe.

Nice to see them out and obviously relaxed and happy.

Princess Charlene has used her privilège du blanc twice. First time during a private audience with Pope Benedict XVI in 2013 and the second time during a State Visit to the Vatican in 2016.

For discussions about fashion choices, please use Princess Charlene's fashion thread. The Privilège du blanc has been discussed a number of times at the thread "Royals Visiting The Pope" and can in case of further interest be continued there.

Why do some persons always find something to criticise Princess Charlene? Had she worn she would have looked like the Pope. The most important thing is that both she and Prince Albert were very relaxed and more than happy in each other's company.

Why do some persons always find something to criticise Princess Charlene? Had she worn she would have looked like the Pope. The most important thing is that both she and Prince Albert were very relaxed and more than happy in each other's company.

No one is criticising her we are just wondering why she isn't wearing white but I suspect it isn't because she thinks she will look like the Pope.

I think Princess Grace wore black at the Vatican. However, I think the body language, of the principals, was great in the Vatican photographs.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended a service of prayer and commemoration for Queen Elizabeth at St Paul’s Anglican Church in Monaco today, September 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And who are these people with them?

Yesterday, September 29, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene received Denise Campbell Bauer, new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States to the French Republic and the Principality of Monaco:

** instagram gallery **

Last edited:
I think it really encouraging that P.Charlene is attending visits like these, and looks very at ease with it ❤️
I think she has come out her health-crisis stronger than before ❤️

I agree. It is pure joy watching her, seeing her so relaxed and completely at ease and clearly enjoying herself. May God bless her and her family and keep them all in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom