Monaco Palace Life - Behind the scenes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glistening Seas

:) hey everyone well, my fav picture is the one of him in his office when younger and the recent one's and the one's resting behind his head. :innocent: does anyone know if they finishe:cool: d the painting of PA :ROFLMAO:

This is a nice thread! If somebody has more pics to this topic . . . POST THEM !!! :)

Did you know that stephanie´s videoclip of the song "flash" in the mid 80s was made at marchais state?
You can see the video in you tube

It's an estate of the Grimaldi family near Paris, I believe no one actually lives there. It was said that Princess Charlotte used to live there from the 50s to the 70s. The family posed there for the first official pics after Princess Grace's death in late 1982, and if I'm not mistaken the last pics of the family around the estate were taken in 1996 or 1997. I remember seeing Princess Stephanie and her kids with their cousins the Casiraghis.

Thank you monaco70s:flowers:
But why don't they use it? I'd like to live near the most beautiful city in the world:rolleyes:

Thank you monaco70s:flowers:
But why don't they use it? I'd like to live near the most beautiful city in the world:rolleyes:
They do. Albert just recently took his mistress with his private plane there according to the caption of some pics from Nice airport. It is also surrounded by farmland for which Albert received 300 000 Euros in 2005 from the EU as help. I read somewhere that the farmers in the area don't like the Grimaldis much, but don't remember where I read it. It was definetely in connection with the EU money and the way the farming on the estate is run. I don't suppose he is doing biological farming. But who knows, maybe there he will turn green for a change.

I hope he is doing biological farming!

Thanks Paca for the information, I didn't know he had been there recently.

It's an estate of the Grimaldi family near Paris, I believe no one actually lives there. It was said that Princess Charlotte used to live there from the 50s to the 70s. The family posed there for the first official pics after Princess Grace's death in late 1982, and if I'm not mistaken the last pics of the family around the estate were taken in 1996 or 1997. I remember seeing Princess Stephanie and her kids with their cousins the Casiraghis.

I don't remember seeing any photos? Does anyone have these or remember where they were posted?

Thanks for the info Monaco70s!

I don't remember seeing any photos? Does anyone have these or remember where they were posted?

Thanks for the info Monaco70s!
Try looking in this thread. Marchais Estate If you don't find them go to the right hand corner of this Forum and type in Marchais and it will bring up other threads that it's been mentioned in. I know there are a few of them.

I think also in one of the first parts of the Grimaldi Retrospective thread too.

Thanks Lady MacAlpine and Monaco70's!!!!! I will look for them.

Try looking in this thread. Marchais Estate If you don't find them go to the right hand corner of this Forum and type in Marchais and it will bring up other threads that it's been mentioned in. I know there are a few of them.

I read some time ago that after Princess Charlotte died a portion of the estate was detroyed by fire and Grace and Rainier rebuilt it and refurbished it. From the photos I've seen of it, it's quite beautiful, but then everything Grace did was done to perfection.

Thanks for the photos. All of them look happy together as a family. I did not know the Monaco royal family had another palace in France. The only palace I knew of was the one in Monaco.

Daily Life & Routines of the Princely Family of Monaco?

As I posted in the Imperial Family of Japan Forum, I am also curious to know HOW this family conducts its day to day affairs, of a NON-state nature or what a typical day (if there is such a thing?) of members of Monaco's Princely Family entails, please.

You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?

I have always wondered about how people of this Stature and upbringing really live, and how cloistered they truly are.

Thank you.
I hope my curiosity isn't too spooky :ROFLMAO:. I don't intend for it, to be.

-- Abbie

Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.

I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online. :)

Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.

... when I started this very same Thread under to Japan's Royal Family Forum, too. ;)

But, then "Poppy" came forward with all sorts of informationa and useful links, for me (for us!) to read and enjoy, under my Thread there! She had some great finds, really!

Oh, I AGREE that the Palaces don't want it broadcast how their own live, for security reasons -- I get that totally ... but, usually here someone knows something, or can sleuth out something on the Web that's useful, entertaining, informative for us.

Or, so I have found to be that case.

--- Abbie :flowers:

I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online. :)

THANKS for this, Casiraghi!

Mmmmm, makes you wonder WHAT meetings he fills his day with, huh?

Monaco being such a small "country" and all ...

--- Abbie

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?
In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.

Thank you, Lady McAlpine :)

In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.

Man, this is all fun stuff to know ... Maybe because I am American, and wasn't raised with and around Royalty, do I find this sort of knowledge more interesting than many might ...

Say, where can one find Pics of Stephanie and Caroline going about their daily activities, please?

Thanks again, for sharing this with me,

-- Abbie

Lady MacAlpine, thank you for posting this information about Albert's daily routine. I remember reading article, here at our forum, where Albert described his day.

I wish I could see those pics of Caro and Steph doing grocery shopping and cooking.

There is a thread here, I think the heading is something like "Shopping with the Grimaldis" that has some really fun pictures of Caroline and Stephanie grocery shopping. I haven't been in that thread for a couple of years now but remember how fun it was to randomly stumble on it and see such pics. Do a search for it. It's a good time. :D

ANY little bit of information is helpful!

Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.

YouTube - S.A.S. Prince Albert II de Monaco first video podcast

This IS helpful, thank you Amy!

Any lil bit of information is better than none at all ... Yes, right you are, would that we knew everything about The Royals, huh? About all these meetings he allegedly attends ... Well, the Rags certainly do pic Albert frolicking about alot with The Lovelies, too. He's got to settle down one of these years, I dare say. He's obligated, now that he is the Head Honcho.

-- Abbie :flowers:

I wanted to add this, as well ..

Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.

YouTube - S.A.S. Prince Albert II de Monaco first video podcast

INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.

As for Stephanie's exercising routine ; she swims about 2 miles every morning.

INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.
Albert and Stephanie both lived in the States for a while and Albert would attend camp here in the summer when young. Caroline also went to school in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom