King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hurray! Another beautiful baby for this beautiful Royal couple.

So happy that they have a little Princess now.?

She is probably early - she was due to be born in autumn, and this season starts on 23 September.

Congratulations! I was hoping for a girl this time, so happy! Can't wait to know the name, but like her brothers, we'll only know in about 2 or 3 months from now.

Wonderful ! I am sure she will be as beautiful as her mother !

Many congratulations to the Kings of Bhutan.
I can't wait to see photos of the new little princess.

Happy news!

What lovely news. Congratulations to the family.

That@ wonderful news. When may we expect the name to be announced?

She is probably early - she was due to be born in autumn, and this season starts on 23 September.

The said early autumn and the meteorological autumn started on September first, so she might be just in time..

That@ wonderful news. When may we expect the name to be announced?
Not anytime soon. They took a while to announce the dates for the naming ceremonies of the two princes.

Perhaps, we'll know the date in mid-to-late October and get the name during November or even December. It always takes a while.

The Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law (JSW Law), held the Tashi Rabney ceremony of its campus in Pangbisa, Paro today, coinciding with the auspicious 21st day of the eighth month.

The ceremony was graced by His Majesty The King, His Majesty the Fourth Gyalpo, His Royal Highness The Gyalsey and Members of the Royal Family, senior government officials, donors, partners, and alumni.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyBSZCDLGIU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

She is referred to as the 'Gyalsem', I assume that means 'princess' as her brothers are referred to as Gyalsey (prince), her mother is the (Druk) Gyaltsuen ((dragon) queen) and her father is the (Druk) Gyalpo ((dragon) king). However, on wikipedia the words 'ashi' and 'dasho' are used in front of their names...

The young princess shares her name with one of her aunts: Sonam Dechen Wangchuck (half-sister of the king by the fourth king's first wife). Her grandmother is Tshering Yangdon, so her second name (Yangden) seems a variant on her grandmother's name.

Her brothers also shared their name with close family members: Jigme of course with their father, grandfather and some of their uncles and cousins), Jigme Namgyel also shares his second name with his father. Jigme Ugyen shares his second name with one of his uncles: Ugyen Jigme Wangchuck (half-brother of the king by the fourth king's first wife) and two cousins: Ugyen Junay Wangchuck (second son of his half-aunt Kesang Choden Wangchuck - by second wife) Ugyen Dorji Wangchuck (son of Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck, the king's only full sister); and his full name with another cousin: Jigme Ugyen Wangchuck (son of his eldest half-aunt Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck - by second wife).

Last edited:
She is referred to as the 'Gyalsem', I assume that means 'princess' as her brothers are referred to as Gyalsey (prince), her mother is the (Druk) Gyaltsuen ((dragon) queen) and her father is the (Druk) Gyalpo ((dragon) king). However, on wikipedia the words 'ashi' and 'dasho' are used in front of their names...

The young princess shares her name with one of her aunts: Sonam Dechen Wangchuck (half-sister of the king by the fourth king's first wife). Her grandmother is Tshering Yangdon, so her second name (Yangden) seems a variant on her grandmother's name.

Her brothers also shared their name with close family members: Jigme of course with their father, grandfather and some of their uncles and cousins), Jigme Namgyel also shares his second name with his father. Jigme Ugyen shares his second name with one of his uncles: Ugyen Jigme Wangchuck (half-brother of the king by the fourth king's first wife) and two cousins: Ugyen Junay Wangchuck (second son of his half-aunt Kesang Choden Wangchuck - by second wife) Ugyen Dorji Wangchuck (son of Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck, the king's only full sister); and his full name with another cousin: Jigme Ugyen Wangchuck (son of his eldest half-aunt Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck - by second wife).

Sonam is also the name of the queen's mother, Sonam Choki. So considering the middle is a variation of the king's mother, the little princess name is a nod to both her grandmothers.

Ohhhh the baby girl is so cute! I like the name Sonam, its easy to pronounce. But I dislike the second name, not the meaning of course, but it sounds a bit heavy.

I love the picture where the King's father is holding Sonam and the rest of the family is around them. Beautiful picture.

Today, January 2, the King and Queen "welcomed a group of Thimphu children to recite Lolay at Lingkana Palace on Nyilo":

** instagram gallery **

He starts his royal career early (just like his colleague in Morocco). Is this the first time he is performing such a ritual?

On the granting of the Royal Charter for Gelephu Mindfulness City SAR, His Royal Highness The Gyalsey offers Marchhang before Zhabdrung Khamsum Zilnon, to invoke blessings and protection for the successful launch and realization of His Majesty The King’s vision for the future of Bhutan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3K6UyuhbfW/?img_index=1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3K5_7PhK35/?img_index=1

What a dignified and self possessed little man! Very impressive.;)

He looks more and more like his father.

The King presented the Order of Druk Gyalpo (Ngadag Pelgi Khorlo), Bhutan’s highest award, to the Prime Minister of India, His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi, in a special ceremony at Tendelthang.

The King and Queen began a state visit to Bangladesh today, March 25.

Day 2 of the state visit today, March 26, and Queen Jetsun Pema shared some very lovely photos of the children who are accompanying their parents on the visit:

Queen Jetsun Pema attended the "opening ceremony of the Sustainable Financing for Tiger Landscapes Conference held at Dungkar Dzong in Pangbisa, Paro, today", April 22:

Back
Top Bottom