King Albert II & Queen Paola - Current Events Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice to see King Albert walking out of the hospital with Queen Paola. I wonder if that is Paola's handbag he is carrying?

His smile gives me hope, that his health is not so bad.

The King wears no glaces and I think He is carring something medical for his blood.

It seems he is carrying a cap rather than a bag.

It seems he is carrying a cap rather than a bag.

Yes, it appears to be a white cap in his left hand. I was referring to the black crossbody bag over his right shoulder. It very well could be for something medical. Initially I was thinking how sweet, King Albert is carrying Paola's handbag for her as they leave the hospital.

Without glasses the King resembles very much his cousin King Harald

Yes, it appears to be a white cap in his left hand. I was referring to the black crossbody bag over his right shoulder. It very well could be for something medical. Initially I was thinking how sweet, King Albert is carrying Paola's handbag for her as they leave the hospital.
I think it's Albert's own bag. I remember seeing recent pictures of him carrying most likely the same bag; for example, at a mass they attended back in May (see also at page 7 of this thread)

Last edited:
EDIT: Apparently King Albert is attending the Te Deum mass only and will skip the military parade. He should be fine then.
Yes, but they were never scheduled to attend the Military Parade in any case, even without Albert's health issues

They will enter by the side entrance to avoid the steps of the Cathedral.

On the occasion of the Week of the Italian Language in the world, a message shared by the italian ministry for Foreign affairs from Queen Paola, speaking in Italian and sharing, among other things, some memories about Italian poetry from her school days:

The video was taken in the vicarage of Villers-sur-Lesse, which will be inherited by Laurent's kids

Beautiful Paola and beautiful garden, she's such a great gardener and interior decorator.

On the occasion of the Week of the Italian Language in the world, a message shared by the italian ministry for Foreign affairs from Queen Paola, speaking in Italian and sharing, among other things, some memories about Italian poetry from her school days:

The video was taken in the vicarage of Villers-sur-Lesse, which will be inherited by Laurent's kids

How do we know it is going to Laurent's kids?

How do we know it is going to Laurent's kids?
Paola transferred the bare ownership of the vicarage to Louise, Nicolas and Aymeric in 2012, while keeping the usufruct. The vicarage was completely renovated since then, and it seems Albert and Paola are spending quite some time there as of late
https://familleroyalebelge.blogspot.com/2014/01/lancien-presbytere-de-villers-sur-lesse.html?m=1
It was also mentioned several times in belgian newspapers, see for example here

I've just come across this recent article, in English, about Queen Paola:

https://www.thelist.com/1435177/stu...=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=dlvrit-feed

Aside from a few inaccurracies-e.g. Albert and her didn't reunite when he became king, but around 10 years before, even though I do agree that his kingship further strenghtened their relationship- a rather nice overview of her life, including several quotes from the good documentary by Nicolas Delvaulx "Paola, côté jardin".

Mario Danneels did regret revealing that Delphine Boël was King Albert II daughter in his book about Paola pulished just before Prince Philippe's Wedding in 1999.
I don't trust him anymore .
A lot of unproved facts in the english article.

A lot of unproved facts in the english article.
I agree that there are some inaccurracies, as I've pointed out, but on the whole it wasn't bad, imho, and I've appreciated they included quotes from the documentary about Paola by Nicolas Delvaulx

Yesterday, King Albert and Queen Paola attended a concert at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel, which was held to celebrate and thank José van Dam for his 20 years of mentoring as Master in residence of the Music Chapel.
You can see them towards the end of this reel.

Queen Paola is the honorary President of the Music Chapel

To morrow they are 2 Concerts at la Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth because the Chairman Comte Bernard de Launoit passed away last year . It is a Hommage.
I booked the first one at 6 pm. But...
We received a letter King Albert II and Queen Paola will be there at that time.
Our normal parking places are closed and we have to be sittting at 5.45 pm ....

On March 19, King Albert an Queen Paola attended a Mass organised at Grimbergen Abbey to celebrate the 11th anniversary since Pope Francis' election:
Abdij Grimbergen | https://www.churchservices.tv/servaas/archive/recordings/yTIp3PASZbBOYGE | Facebook

A video: (King Albert and Queen Paola can be seen arriving at the ceremony at around 4')
St. Servaas, Grimbergen, Belgium - Kerkplein 1, Grimbergen, Belgium, Belgium
Yes I noticed they arrived after the bishops and clergy.

Just back from the Concert . It was an Official Visit from King Albert II and Queen Poala. They had next to them the Wife and the Children of the late Comte Bernard de Launoit who was our CEO.
The King looks fine , he will be soon 90 . I said to the Queen when whe passed next to me "Vive la Reine, she looked at me and said : Merci.

Just back from the Concert . It was an Official Visit from King Albert II and Queen Poala. They had next to them the Wife and the Children of the late Comte Bernard de Launoit who was our CEO.
The King looks fine , he will be soon 90 . I said to the Queen when whe passed next to me "Vive la Reine, she looked at me and said : Merci.
Thanks for sharing, that's very nice.
I hope you enjoyed the concert!😊

I was in the public and cannot be seen but I had to be there ! The tall man wearing glasses on the first row is Comte Yvan de Launoit , his Brother. I was sitting 2 rows behind...
Queen Paola is looking you with her eyes. I will never forget her merci !

I was in the public and cannot be seen but I had to be there ! The tall man wearing glasses on the first row is Comte Yvan de Launoit , his Brother. I was sitting 2 rows behind...
Queen Paola is looking you with her eyes. I will never forget her merci !
I am very envious of you!

Back
Top Bottom