King Abdullah & Queen Rania, Current News & Pictures, Part 14

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• DL113333_008.jpg
    DL113333_008.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 223
  • DL113333_009.jpg
    DL113333_009.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 227
  • DL113333_010.jpg
    DL113333_010.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DL113333_011.jpg
    DL113333_011.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DL113333_012.jpg
    DL113333_012.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 320
  • DL113333_007.jpg
    DL113333_007.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 208

Attachments

• POL-055515.jpg
    POL-055515.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 838
  • POL-055532.jpg
    POL-055532.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 585
  • POL-055531.jpg
    POL-055531.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 268
  • POL-055524.jpg
    POL-055524.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 207
  • POL-055523.jpg
    POL-055523.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 212
  • POL-055486.jpg
    POL-055486.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 239
  • AP790781.jpg
    AP790781.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 289
  • AP790764.jpg
    AP790764.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 876
The Queen looks better than JLo!! :D

Amman, May 10(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces expressed support to efforts exerted by the Public Security Department (PSD) to establish environmental police management in cooperation with the ministries of environment, agriculture, and water and irrigation.
LINK

Queen Rania delivers message from Arab youth to American students

AMMAN (JT) — Encouraging interfaith dialogue and tolerance, Her Majesty Queen Rania joined a group of students in Manhattan on Monday morning to remind them how similar young people throughout the world are.
The Queen joined the students at the Norman Thomas High School for a lecture on the global economy. The students, part of the Junior Achievement (JA) New York programme, are learning about key aspects of the global economy and trade.
When she participated in a JA session in Jordan last year, the students asked the Queen to deliver a message to their US counterparts. The opportunity presented itself when Queen Rania read the message to the students on Monday:
“To the young people of the world, we are the young people of the Arab world. We want to extend the bridges among us — East and West, young and old. We want us all to feel that we are part of this big global family.”
Queen Rania also engaged the students in a discussion on interdependence and interconnectedness in the world.
“Today we need to make sure we are all well-informed and aware of what is happening, dry facts are not knowledge, we need personal interactions,” she reminded the students.
Ben and Izzy launched

Also during the Queen’s four-day working trip to the US, she launched a new animated TV series, Ben and Izzy, produced by Jordan-based Rubicon.
“This cartoon uses a language that modern children understand — a language that unites them, whatever their background or beliefs, and makes them realise that you don’t have to be alike to get along,” she said in her keynote address.
The series documents two 11-year-old boys, one Arab and the other American, as they travel through time and explore different cultures.
“Whether we are Muslims, Christians or Jews... whether we live in the Middle East or the Upper West Side... we all want our children to be able to make the most of their potential in a secure, peaceful and just world,” the Queen went on to add.
“In a year when we have seen cartoons used to fuel misunderstanding and division, I am delighted to see this new cartoon explicitly designed to bring people together,” she said.
Earlier that evening, Queen Rania attended a reception hosted by TIME magazine to honour their selection of the 100 most influential people for 2006. His Majesty King Abdullah and Queen Rania were selected as one of the Power Couples on the 2006 TIME 100 list.
Meanwhile, on Sunday evening, the Queen attended a fundraiser hosted by Save the Children to raise funds for the organisation’s Jordanian and Lebanese chapters.
A delegation of donors will be visiting Jordan in November to support more Save the Children projects in the Kingdom.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

From: http://www.jordantimes.com/wed/homenews/homenews3.htm

i just LOVE her. what a great message, generations of children growing up accepting all cultures, living in peace. what a concept.

Wow! That green dress is gorgeous and I love that belt.

Adry said:
Queen Rania of Jordan attend a cocktail party for Time Magazine's 100 Most Infuential People issue at Jazz at Lincoln Center May 8, 2006 in New York City.
Getty Images

It is so amusing to see how much Jennifer Lopez is average-looking next to beautiful Rania ...:rolleyes: :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo, i love the green dress, is stuning, i hope see more pics...thanks to all my lovers!!!

oh wow... those dresses are gorgeous. her majesty looks incredible again... i specially love the simplicity of the silver one, but the green is beautiful with the long train and the ethnic touch of the belt. does anyone know who was the designer? perhaps elie saab or dominique sirop?

From Profimedia
May 8, 2006, New York, New York, USA: Queen Rania of Jordan visits Norman Thomas High School in New York City. The visit, sponsored by the Junior Achievement organization, was part of a student lesson on global interdependence. The Queen pointed out that Hurricane Katrina had effects as far away as Jordan, where oil prices increased following the disaster.///Queen Rania (C) sits in front of School's Chancellor Joel Klein in a classroom full of students.

this has been such a great visit to the US. Last time it was all conferences and business...not that I dont like those types of visits but who doesn't love evening wear?
I usually prefer seeing QR in bold colours but the silver dress is so pretty. The fabric is so delicate. I dont have time to find out the designer yet but I wonder if it is Rochas yet again? QR has been wearing that label more than others this season. I love her in Elie Saab for evening wear but its great to see her wearing different, relatively newer desingers, that way her clothes dont look boring and repetitive.
btw...thanks for all the pictures everyone.

Chantal Clement said:
I don't know where to find the information of where she will be at in Toronto on June 2nd. All I know is she will be on TV show called "Balance". Hope Humera will let us know more details of QR's trip to Toronto next month..:)

Hi Chantal,
Unfortunately im out of the country at the moment and wont be back in T.O. by June 2. Im not sure if QR will be on "Balance"...all I know is that the host of the show, Dr. Marla, is the moderator for the conference the Queen is taking part in.

I looked up more info on the event and you can find all the details at this link:
http://www.osteofound.org/wco/2006/index.php

and I bet you've heard this name, The Metro Toronto Convention Centre, that's the venue for the conference.
http://www.osteofound.org/wco/2006/general_information.php

Now you have all the info. Im counting on you to make it to the event and take lots of pictures for us!

May 8, 2006 - Queen Rania at Time magazine's 100 most Influential People gala at the Lincoln Center in New York (Pictures from Wireimage and Splashnews via SA women's forum)

Queen Rania at a second event the same evening.

Barbara Walters, Jane Seymour and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan
Gala Dinner Introducing "Ben and Izzy" with Special Guest Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan - May 8, 2006 (Wireimage, Gamma & Laif)

Attachments

• 830648_001.jpg
    830648_001.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 813
  • 00976497.jpg
    00976497.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 249
Thanks everyone for the awesome pictures. I appreciate coming on line each day and seeing great photos of the Royals. Not sure how you all get your information and pictures, but its very appreciated from a person who loves this royal family. Merci..... and thanks.

The silver-grey dress is by Rochas (Humera is correct) and the green one by Gucci. Gucci has a magenta version on the runway (spring-summer 06).

TC
Love
Barbara

carlota said:
oh wow... those dresses are gorgeous. her majesty looks incredible again... i specially love the simplicity of the silver one, but the green is beautiful with the long train and the ethnic touch of the belt. does anyone know who was the designer? perhaps elie saab or dominique sirop?

Jordan's Queen Rania meets with business leaders accompanied by Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley after touring an after school arts program at Gallery 37 Center For the Arts Wednesday, May 10, 2006 in Chicago. Queen Rania visited Chicago as part of a four-day working trip in the United States to promote cross-cultural understanding and acceptance, particularly among children.
(AP Photo/M. Spencer Green via yahoo)

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 299
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 283
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 255
I thought this snippet from Cindy Adams column was interesting:

A ROYAL sit-down, 500 persons, at the Met for Jordan's drop-dead gorgeous Queen Rania. She's pushing a TV idea. A Jordanian cartoon series for kids. "Ben and Izzy" is about an American and an Arab. It's humor. It's to show we can all play together. It's to try to sell in this country.
She was like any other television promoter except for chandelier diamond earrings, which doubled her own weight. Her Maj wore a glorious pleated, ruffled, sleeveless, gray organza gown. "I don't always own these clothes," said HRH Rania. "Some, of course, I actually buy outright, but very often the designer lets me have it or allows me to borrow it for the night." I mumbled she really didn't somehow look to me as if she had to stay on a budget. "Ohhh, Lord," said Barbara Walters, standing between us. "I can just see the way this story is going to read."

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/cindy/cindy.htm

he he he:D ..

My freind used to say that she loved both HM Queen Rania & Asma Assad...and when she says this phrase i would laugh till my eyes water with tears ..she is sooo funny when she says it ..like Ayyam Shameyyeh :D
lil Monkey said:
lmao,yea that sounded so syrian,U reminded me of my friend:D

What a dress !! absolutely magnificent ! i start really to love the green colour ...the queen looks gorgeous :)

wow, the queen has been doing lots of recycling these days, and that green dress was gorgeous not to mention the belt, a stunning Jordanian touch. BTW, thanks for the article, RachelA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom