King Abdullah & Queen Rania, Current News & Pictures, Part 14

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 14 of Current News and Pictures for King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

The previous thread can be found here.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/king-abdullah-queen-rania-current-news-part-13-a-8935.html

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*provide sources for your images and articles
*post only 20% of articles followed by a link to the rest of the article
*old images must be hosted via another source rather than be attached directly to the forum

And finally, be respectful towards each other even if you do not agree with each other.

no photos from the Formula One championship in Bahrain so far.
I'd have loved to see some off-duty pictures of Queen Rania after such a busy few days.

Mary Robinson (L), former president of Ireland and former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, talks to Queen Rania of Jordan during the 'Women as Global Leaders Conference' in Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi March 12, 2006. The conference brings together a wide array of internationally renowned female leaders, students, faculty and leadership practitioners to explore the future challenges, questions and expectations for both global and local leadership. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah

Attachments

• r3798423114.jpg
    r3798423114.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 586
this article is about Natalie Portman, but the last part is about her involvement with FINCA, one of the many microfinance organizations Queen Rania is involved in:

She is very involved in FINCA, a charity she encountered through Queen Rania of Jordan.
"It does micro-financing, which is small loans for women with under $3 a day in developing nations. I've been to Uganda, Guatemala and Ecuador with them."
It's mostly about women and children, and, says Portman enthusiastically, the effect of the work done by FINCA is seen in one generation. "The mother gets the loan and opens a business and then the daughter is going to university. It's an amazing part of a plan to eradicate poverty," she says, "which is, obviously, an idealistic hope." Edmonton Sun

here's their website:
http://www.villagebanking.org/fincanews-archives.htm

Wow great outfit !
attachment.php

No matter what my opinion on her she is a very stylish lady.

Mar 11, 2006 - 10:21 -
Abu Dhabi, March 11th, 2006 (WAM)- Queen Rania Al Abdullah, wife of H.M. King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan arrived here today for participation in the Women Leadership Conference which opens here Sunday.

She was received by H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak and Sheikha Eliazyah bint Saif, wife of Foreign Minister, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed.

H.H. Sheikha Fatima hosted a dinner banquet in honour of the Arab and international feminine leaders participating in the conference which will be inaugurated at the Emirates Palace here tomorrow by Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan.

The banquet was also attended by Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan, wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan, wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed, Deputy Prime Minister, Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid, wife of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed, Minister of Presidency Affairs, Sheikha Eliazyah bint Saif, wife of Foreign Minister, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, besides a number of sheikhas and wives of senior government officials and UAE women

I still want to know why PRINCESSE HAYA was not invited? Does anybody has an idea about it?

Princejohnny25 said:
No matter what my opinion on her she is a very stylish lady.

I Agree.Her make-up is too much and she recycles her clothes/bags not enough etc. but she is a damn good queen!:D

Does it really matter WHAT she looks like? As long as she is a good queen...

Becky24 said:
Does it really matter WHAT she looks like? As long as she is a good queen...

Apparently, after all she's the only woman to ever wear make-up and buy expensive clothes.

Egygptian and Lebanese newspapers both have articles on Jordanian women's rights. They are quite political in nature but both mention Queen Rania so I thought would be interesting to post.

"The latest attempt at such legislation was made by Queen Rania, who sought to amend the Jordanian Nationality Law so as to give Jordanian women married to non-Jordanians the right to obtain Jordanian nationality for their children. This effort faced strong resistance from conservative Jordanians who feared the ramifications of such an amendment on the sensitive demographics of the country: some sources estimated the proposed amendment would grant immediate Jordanian nationality to more than 50,000 Palestinians. In the end the Cabinet was authorized to grant nationality to children of Jordanian women married to non-Jordanians, but only on a case-by-case basis. "
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=5&article_id=22919

Jordan's King Abdullah II gestures during an interview with AFP in Amman 15 March 2006. Abdullah II warned that any military operation on Iran would cause the situation in the region "to explode".

from ANP (AFP PHOTO/YUSSEF ALAN)

Attachments

• 2500196.jpg
    2500196.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 329
Queen meets with retired servicemen and women</STRONG>
/125/
Queen meets with retired servicemen and women
Amman, March 15 (Petra) -- Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Wednesday Affirmed that retirement is a transition from one phase of one's life to another and does not mean that one should stop being
productive.
The Queen made her remarks during a meeting with retired servicemen and women at the Military Veteran's Club in Bayader Wadi Seer.

Wardat/Petra

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/15/554382600.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Latin Patriarch in Jerusalem Hails Stands of King Abdullah</STRONG>
/80/
Latin Patriarch in Jerusalem Hails Stands of King Abdullah
Amman, March 15 (Petra) -- Latin Patriarch in Jerusalem Michel Sabbah hailed the efforts of His Majesty King Abdullah II and his international initiatives in carrying the message of justice, tolerance and love to the world.

Sabbah reiterated that the Catholic Church is in the side of Palestinian people, who are oppressed everyday by the Israeli occupation troops.

He also noted to the church initial stand which is protecting human rights and dignity, criticizing the Israeli government decision to storm Jericho Prison and arrest Palestinian leaderships.

Palestinian Chief Islamic Justice Tayseer Tamimi reiterated the importance of Islamic-Christian brotherhood in standing against the Israeli occupation troops which try to destroy Al Aqsa Mosque and prevent Islamic and Christian worshippers from reaching to their holy places.

//Petra// Shniqat

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/15/554299000.htm

AMMAN, 15 March (IRIN) - Jordanians in 40 out of 101 of the country's municipalities live below the poverty line despite an overall decline in national poverty levels over the past few years, according to a senior government official. Twenty of these municipalities, meanwhile, are considered extremely poor..........

Poverty alleviation is a prominent feature of the so-called "National Agenda", a wide-ranging blueprint for reform commissioned by King Abdullah II last November. According to the plan, the government will undertake a number of reforms in coming years in hopes of halving extreme poverty by 2015.
LINK

JORDAN’S King Abdullah II addressed, via video, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) 11th annual fund-raising dinner at the Crystal City Marriott Hotel in Arlington, VA on Dec. 3, 2005. After first thanking American Muslims for their support after the Nov. 9 bombing in Amman, the Jordanian monarch also thanked Muslim Americans for their condemnation of those who kill supposedly in Islam’s name. “Together we stand in defense of the essence of the religion of Islam,” King Abdullah said. “American Muslims can provide an important example of how Muslims from around the world from all schools of thought can join together. American Muslim life reaffirms the core values of Islam.”
http://www.wrmea.com/archives/March_2006/0603064a.html

Beirut, March. 16, (BNA) Jordanian Monarch, King Abdullah II affirmed today Jordan's support to all that encourages Lebanon's unity and solving their issues.
LINK

KING CONGRATULATES PRESIDENT OF IRELAND</STRONG>
KING CONGRATULATES PRESIDENT OF IRELAND

FOR PAPERS USE ONLY
================
AMMAN, MARCH 16 (PETRA)-- HIS MAJESTY KING ABDULLAH II SENT A CABLE ON THURSDAY TO PRESIDENT OF IRELAND MARY MCALEESE CONGRATULATING HER IN HIS NAME AND ON BEHALF OF THE JORDANIAN PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENT ON THE OCCASION OF HER COUNTRY'S NATIONAL DAY.

THE KING WISHED THE PRESIDENT CONTINUED GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS AND THE PEOPLE OF IRELAND FURTHER PROGRESS AND PROSPERITY.

//PETRA//ASHKAR

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/16/554643600.htm

Hi All,
I have only just discovered Queen Rainia and would like to know more about her. Could someone please tell me how old she is and her children?
Many Thanks Nicole

nicole31 said:
Hi All,
I have only just discovered Queen Rainia and would like to know more about her. Could someone please tell me how old she is and her children?
Many Thanks Nicole
Hi nicole31, rania is the queen of jordan, wife of King Abdullah, she married him in 1993, she's 35yrs old, and they have 4children (2boys & 2girls), the younguest has just turned one year and the oldest is almost 12.
You can find more information in the previous threads.

Last edited:
March 19, 2006, Amman, Jordan: Jordan's King Abdullah II in his office. Credit: Kate Brooks/Polaris/Profimedia

The pictures of the KIng..... Would you know where in office is.... Is it at home or is it at a State building. Some royals work from home.......... And would anyone know who the portrait of the man is behind KA. A great grandfather or something??????????

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
The pictures of the KIng..... Would you know where in office is.... Is it at home or is it at a State building. Some royals work from home.......... And would anyone know who the portrait of the man is behind KA. A great grandfather or something??????????
the portrait is of King Abdullah the First,and I think the King works from the Royal court,He has an office there. anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Queen Rania travelled Delhi to promote the Fight agains Child Desease

(source: Hola magazine)

Isn't this about the time of year when they take a family holiday somewhere? I wonder where they're going to go this year. They seem to like being on boats and visiting seaside ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom