King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Ranias interview with Oprah tomorow on mbc4 at 9 pm

Amman, June 5 (Petra) -- Over 1000 scholars, researchers and experts on the Middle East will gather in Amman on June 11, 2006, at the Second World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies (WOCMES-2) held under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah.
LINK

Condolences

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania offer condolences to the family of Khalid Radaideh, a Jordanian employee at the country’s Representation Office in Gaza who was killed last month, when he was caught in crossfire between Hamas activists and Palestinian police. Radaideh’s body was flown home on board a helicopter dispatched upon King Abdullah’s directives and he was laid to rest in the Tabarbour cemetery. Jordan Times

Pictures from Petra

Toll-free hotline to provide counselling services

AMMAN — Marking the National Day for Child Safety, 12 governmental and non-governmental entities on Tuesday signed a memorandum of commitment to launch a toll-free hotline for families and children around the country.

During a ceremony held under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania yesterday, the partners signed the memo to launch the Family Support Line (FSL), a national initiative by the Jordan River Foundation (JRF) to orchestrate all entities involved in family and child welfare.
“We are proud that we, in Jordan, are dealing with child abuse issues transparently,” the Queen said during the event.

She added that at first the line would be manned by 11 employees, answering phone calls from children and families, while noting that more people will need to be trained, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported.

The FSL seeks to raise awareness on age-appropriate practices, and provide emotional support to parents in dealing with everyday struggles. It will also provide support and guidance to children, according to JRF Director General Maha Khatib.
http://www.jordantimes.com/wed/homenews/homenews7.htm

Pictures from Petra

King Abdullah II, Prince Hamza, Princess Aisha and Prince Faisal attend the graduation of the 19th batch of Jordanian army and police cadets of Mu'ta University in Kerak in southern Jordan, 07 June 2006

from getty and yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 71144882.jpg
    71144882.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 71144894.jpg
    71144894.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 158
Riyadh, June 7 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday held talks with His Majesty King Abdullah Ben Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia on means of enhancing bilateral ties in addition to the latest political developments in the region
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/07/125.htm

Queen Rania is also with him, although there are not going to be any photos of her.
Pictures of King Abdullah:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/07/11732I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/07/11734I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/07/11736I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/07/11738I.htm

Last edited:
Jordan's King Abdullah II voiced in Amman Wednesday his opposition to any Israeli unilateral steps against the interests of the Palestinians, local press reported.
LINK

AMMAN: Jordan’s King Abdullah II will foot the bill to set up 23 big screens across the kingdom to allow fellow football fans in impoverished areas to get live World Cup coverage, officials said on Wednesday.
LINK

/
Amman, June 7 (Petra)— Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit affirmed Jordan keenness to develop historical relations with Yemen in the various fields under the leaderships of His Majesty King Abdullah II and Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
LINK

(IsraelNN.com) Jordan's King Abdullah II and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert have concluded a 90-minute meeting in Amman,LINK

imo this princely couple are some of the hardest working people on the planet. i know the queen is a fashion icon and i like her for that, but seeing her at the heart breaking meeting with the family of the murdered man and involved in the family hotline just bring home what a wonderful human being she is. The king is filling some very big shoes of his father, who i feel sure is very proud of him.

Images from getty

Attachments

• 71152420.jpg
    71152420.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 71152421.jpg
    71152421.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 71152422.jpg
    71152422.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 71153038.jpg
    71153038.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 141
  • 71153068.jpg
    71153068.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 71153070.jpg
    71153070.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 71153138.jpg
    71153138.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 71153163.jpg
    71153163.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 221
Little_star said:
Queen Rania is also with him, although there are not going to be any photos of her.

I didnt know she was with him. Although Im not surprised. I saw a few news reports of King Abdullah's visit on a Saudi channel yesterday and there were no images of Queen Rania or any mention of her.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I didnt know she was with him. Although Im not surprised. I saw a few news reports of King Abdullah's visit on a Saudi channel yesterday and there were no images of Queen Rania or any mention of her.

I read about it on Petra.

His Majesty King Abdullah II received Sudanese Vice President Ali Othman Taha and expressed support for the peace efforts in Sudan, noting that Jordan is keen to restore peace there.
LINK

Today is the 13th wedding anniversary of King Abdallah II of Jordan and Queen Rania, ne'e Yassine

Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations to the King and Queen, I hope they have a wonderful day.

Happy wedding anniversary to the King and Queen!

ps..i wonder how the couple will be spending their anniversary. It'll most likely be a private affair but I'd love to see some new portraits to mark the occasion.

Last edited:
Joumana said:
How old is prince Hussein?

He celebrate his 12th birthday next June 28.

King Abdullah with princes Faisal, Ali, Hamzah and Hashim, and princesses Aisha and Iman a militar event:

PICTURES FROM PETRA

Last edited:
Today marked the 60th anniversary of the great arab revolt, KA patronized the celebrations this morning along with Prince Faisal, Prince Hamzah, Princess Aisha, Prince Hashem ,Princess Iman and prince Ali.
And at 5pm today, HM patronized the great military show(not sure if this is how it's called),it was a 2 hour show, an amazing one, Rania was there, Prince Faisal,Prince Ali&princess Rym,Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor,prince Ghazi and princess Areej, princess Iman,Princess AIsha and Prince Hussien.

I hope they will put some photos on Petra.

TC.

hilal said:
Today is the 13th wedding anniversary of King Abdallah II of Jordan and Queen Rania, ne'e Yassine

Happy Anniversary!

WOW!!! Congrats!!!!

lil Monkey said:
Today marked the 60th anniversary of the great arab revolt, KA patronized the celebrations this morning along with Prince Faisal, Prince Hamzah, Princess Aisha, Prince Hashem ,Princess Iman and prince Ali.
And at 5pm today, HM patronized the great military show(not sure if this is how it's called),it was a 2 hour show, an amazing one, Rania was there, Prince Faisal,Prince Ali&princess Rym,Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor,prince Ghazi and princess Areej, princess Iman,Princess AIsha and Prince Hussien.

TC.

Thank´s Lil Monkey for the info!. Do you have pics of princess Areej?? Thank´s

lil Monkey said:

TC.

Thanks for the info, just checked Petra and there's no photos yet. Just out of interest shouldn't Princess Raiyah have attended the various celebrations as well?

I do hope Abdullah and Rania got to spend some time together on their anniversary, it sounds like they've had an incredibly busy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom