King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Rania in London so presumably she is also having long weekend away from home while Abdullah is in S.A.

Report from Herald newspaper 21 February

King Abdullah of Jordan on visit to Bay

Justin McCabe and Giselle Horner HERALD REPORTERS
KING Abdullah II of Jordan flew in to Port Elizabeth yesterday to begin a journey along the Garden Route to Cape Town – on one of the many Harley-Davidson motorbikes he owns.
His private jet, an Airbus 340, was seen parked at the Port Elizabeth airport yesterday.
The heavily guarded king, who was apparently only spending one night in Port Elizabeth, spent the day riding around enjoying all that the Bay had to offer.
He was spotted riding his Harley-Davidson in the Cape Recife and Willows area.

The Herald Online **News**

Last edited by a moderator:
saw her arriving at her house in knightsbridge area. that's all.

it was already dark but she seemed to be arriving with the children and all the retinue.

Thank you Chelsea for info. Sure we don´t see pics of her.

It seem they take breaks separtly now but I wonder if both will travel together to US for king abdullah's speaking at Princeton University at noon Friday, Feb. 29.

Queen designated personality of the year

DAMASCUS (Petra) - The Lebanese “Monday” magazine announced that it selected Queen Rania as personality of 2007 for her efforts in the humanitarian field and family care at the local, regional and international levels. The magazine announced the choice during a special ceremony held in Damascus, as part of the Syrian capital’s activities as the Arab culture capital. According to the magazine’s chief editor, Ali Touma, the choice was the result of a 12-week poll of university and school students and business employees, in addition to a field questionnaire covering 3,500 people from different Arab countries.

Jordan Times

Monarch high on the hog in SA

by BIÉNNE HUISMAN

All the king’s horses and all the king’s men...Bike-riding Jordanian king and his entourage have an adventure holiday in the Cape

ADRENALINE junkie King Abdullah II dived with sharks, cruised on a Harley-Davidson motorbike and quaffed Coke Lite during a whirlwind visit to South Africa.
The Jordanian king, who is known for his sense of adventure — he is a former rally champion, a qualified diver, a helicopter pilot and a free-fall parachutist — went to great extremes to keep his trip under the radar. But the Sunday Times can reveal details about the elusive king’s local adventures ...

The Times - Article

The article said he was gonna stay in SA another week, but petra said he was back in Jordan !

King Abdullah’s Interview with Al Watan Al Arabi Magazine

...The King said that Jordan’s disagreement with Hamas is not related to the internal Palestinian front bur rather to the security aspect. “Jordan continued to send humanitarian aid to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip even after it announced that Hamas had struggles weapons to Jordan a few months ago,” he added.... - Article

Queen Rania, FICA International expands in Jordan Feb 25, 2008 (Petra)

pic 1 -- pic 2
She doesnt look too good in these pictures. I like her purple turtleneck top & trench coat, very pretty.

It seem they take breaks separtly now but I wonder if both will travel together to US for king abdullah's speaking at Princeton University at noon Friday, Feb. 29.
They just had a ski holiday together in Austria.

I'm actually surprised that the King would take another break so soon after that......

Amman, Feb. 26 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks today with Senegalese President Abdoulaye Wade on the latest regional developments and preparations to hold the 11th Summit of Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), slated to be held in Senegal in March.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Senegalese President hold talks

Dead Sea, Feb. 26 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II launched today the National Housing Initiative, which is designed to enhance social and economic security through providing a wider segment of the society with relevant housing
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Launches National Housing Initiative

They just had a ski holiday together in Austria.

I'm actually surprised that the King would take another break so soon after that......

Yes I was suprise also. Hope they had good breack as maybe that mean they will be very busy next. :flowers:

Jordan's Queen Rania (R) stands next to Portuguese first lady Maria Cavaco Silva (L) in Amman, 17 February 2008. Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva is in Jordan on a three-day visit during which he will hold talks with Jordanian officials. The talks are expected to focus on issues of common interest and mechanisms of boosting bilateral cooperation
Here's a video: the Portuguese First Lady presents Queen Rania with a jewel designed in the Açores, by Paulo do Vale:
YouTube - An Azorean Jewl for Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan

More photos, from this state visit:

ACTUALIDADE - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa

ACTUALIDADE - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa

Last edited:
The photos from the Portuquese president's website are far better — and more extensive — than any of the official photos of official visits that you get from Jordan's official news agency, Petra. I liked the range of photos as well as the obvious use of natural lighting for some of them.

Thanks elsa m.

The photos from the Portuquese president's website are far better — and more extensive — than any of the official photos of official visits that you get from Jordan's official news agency, Petra. I liked the range of photos as well as the obvious use of natural lighting for some of them.

Thanks elsa m.
I agree with you. Thank you, Elsa M. :flowers:.

Al-Aman Fund for the Future of Orphans and USAID collaborate to provide job opportunities for orphaned youth in governorates across Jordan

The Fund, an independent NGO founded by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah in 2006, organized two initial events, the first in Irbid and the second in the governorate of Zarqa, in an effort to provide Jordan's orphaned youth with the opportunity to explore potential employment prospects
Al-Aman Fund for the Future of Orphans and USAID collaborate to provide job opportunities for orphaned youth in governorates across Jordan | Al-Aman Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom