King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Welcome to King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 26.

The previous thread can be found here:

King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 25: September 14, 2007-January 10, 2008

Before posting, please keep the following in mind:
  • The Forums' Photo Posting Rules require that members may only post photos directly to The Royal Forums if they have written permission from the copyright holder or they took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic; while it can be tempting, please avoid discussions of an overtly political or religious nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy posting!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

thank you reeda for posting the english summary of QR's radio interview in the last thread...

one question: QR mentioned traffic accidents due to DUIs, I was under the impression that Jordan was a dry country...is alcohol permitted there? I thought drinking wasn't allowed in Islam...

DUI, or driving under the influence, can also refer to drugs.

granted, however rania specifically cites alcoholism in this particular article...

(as posted by reeda) Jordan Times

Alcohol is available in many muslim countries.

Under the patronage of Their Majesties, King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and jointly organised by the IOC and the NOC of Jordan, the Conference will be an excellent platform to exchange expertise and best practice as well as collaborate for future action around the 2008 motto.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE - NEWS

So that's two major conferences for 2008 announced so far.

Talks between both sides are in progress to offer free treatment in Jordan for patients in Gaza Strip on the order of King Abdullah II of Jordan,
Gulfnews: Talks on to give free treatment in Jordan for Palestinian patients

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the Patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II, SOFEX 2008, the 7th edition of the world’s leading special operations and homeland security exhibition and conference, supported by the Jordan Armed Forces (JAF), will take place on March 31st until April 3rd at the King Abdullah I Airbase in Marka.
albawaba.com middle east news information::under the patronage of his majesty king abdullah ii, jordan’s leading special operations exhibition and conference will take place on march 31st-apri

That's the 3rd conference announced so far,

- The IOC event in Amman, March 8-10
- SOFEX 2008 in Marka, 31st March- 3rd April
- The IFSB event in Amman, May 13-14

Last edited:
Ramallah, Jan. 17 (Petra)—The Palestinian Authority (PA) valued His Majesty King Abdullah II endowment to treat the Gazan patients at the Jordanian hospitals as they are facing critical health situation due to lack of health care at the hospitals in Gaza Strip due to shortage of medical apparatus due to the Israeli besiege imposed on Gaza.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Section=1&Artical=14405

Jordan's Queen Rania meets with shoppers and shop owners as she walks popular Al Hashemi and Al Salt downtown streets and markets, in Amman, Jordan on January 16, 2008. The queen also visited an open-air exhibition of photographs taken by school and university students in Jabal Qalaa.

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6
Photo by Balkis Press/ABACAUSA.COM

This conference kicks off tomorrow in Dubai

Mohammed bin Rashid to attend Main Session of Philanthropy Consultations

....will also see the participation of prominent philanthropists in the region including Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdulla of Jordan and other dignitaries.. - article

QR's officially website has posted a photo of rania in morocco with Lalla Salma...is no one finding any others?

Queen Rania touring the Saadiyat Island Cultural District Exhibition in UAE ,at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi Jan 20, 2008
Picture -- Picture 2 -- picture 3

Queen Rania attends Arab philanthropy conference in Dubai
Picture 1 -- Picture 2

Last edited:
Amman, Jan. 20 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Sunday Canadian Minister of Finance James Flaherty, who is currently on a visit to Jordan.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Section=1&Artical=14830

Amman, Jan. 20 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II condemned today the Israeli Military violations in Gaza Strip, which claimed the lives of many innocents. King also noted to the Jordanian increasing concern about the deteriorating human conditions in the strip.
æßÇáÉ ÇáÃäÈÇÁ ÇáÃÑÏäíÉ - ÈÊÑÇ - ÌáÇáÉ Çáãáß ÚÈÏÇááå ÇáËÇäí íÏíä ÇáÇäÊåÇßÇÊ ÇáÚÓßÑíÉ ÇáÇÓÑÇÆíáíÉ Ýí ÞØÇÚ ÛÒå

The official news agency in the Emirates, WAM, has posted a couple of unique photos from the philanthropy conference in Dubai. Go to http://wam.org.ae, click on English, then photo archives and look for Sunday, Jan. 20.

Rania looked nice put together but her hair and earings imo were abit too much, looked nice if she was on a state/official visit or at a small dinner.

Does anyone know if Rania said a speech or will do today?

Sorry but I don't think a cardigan is appropriate wear for a public conference. And it looked bulky on her which is odd considering she is very slender. I think it is because the cardigan is quite fussy with a tie belt and a puffball bottom and she has worn it on top of a dress or skirt with a frill down the middle. Too much.

the only that I don't find right for the event are the earings, they are too much for a conference
I like the skirt with the cardigan it's simple and nice for the event, and her hairdo is nice, she has nice hair and nice tint

Queen Rania visited patients from the Gaza Strip who are receiving treatment in Amman.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/News-15086.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/News-15088.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/News-15089.jpg

I think it's wonderful that the King and Queen are arranging for the treatment of Palestinians from Gaza, especially in light of the fact that Israel has cut all energy supplies to the Gaza Strip.

Last edited by a moderator:
An article about Rania's visit to Saadiyat Island

ABU DHABI - Rania Al-Abdullah, Queen of Jordan, has lavished praise on the architectural design concepts of the museums planned for the Cultural District of Saadiyat Island, the 27 square kilometre island laying 500 metres offshore the UAE capital city.
Middle East Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom