Kate Middleton Current Events 9: June 14-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well William can't complain about the press intrusion anymore when Kate puts herself in front of the camera!

So stupid really, they have shot themselves in the foot. Before, when they complained she was just an "ordinary" girl, but once you start going to events that you know will have camera's there then you become public property.

Kate really seems to be like a social butterfly at the moment, she went to that fashion opening to support the owners but does not follow fashion.
Basically she went and got media attention for the people.

Now going to this party... why? I thought she was meant to keep her head down and not want to be in the limelight.

I am not saying she can not go out etc but the events she is choosing to go to seem to be very media followed, not private events.

Just seems she is or always was that type of girl I never wanted to see William with.

Last edited:
First people were complaining because we never saw Kate and now they're complaining that we are! It seems no matter how the facts change, the complaining remains the same.

Its natural for a young girl to go out and if the press is going to follow Kate, its a lot more considerate of her to go where the media is already there than to go to a private event where the media could intrude on her and everyone else's privacy.

^ I don't think any of us complained to not see enough of her. It's just that before all she did was shop. It was nice to see her at polo events.

Yes I can understand the press following her around, but why go to these celebrity type events when she complained to the press earlier that she has done nothing to gain publicity?:confused:

She is friends/associates with Holly Branson. Branson has a party and Kate attends. And now this is a problem?

So let me get this straight.......because she attends a party she has no right to complain about the press taking pics of her shopping, getting money out of an ATM or riding the bus. Sorry..don't see the correlation. The big difference is that she knew the press was going to be there so she knew what to expect. Its highly different when you are going about your day.

This brings me to another question....what exactly does Kate have to do to please some of you. From what I gather she should do the following (in no particular order): get a job, smile at all times, have no problem with the press taking pics of you at all times (cause you are dating a prince but are not yet royal), not attend any public parties, etc. Did I miss anything? Should she just sit at home and wait for William to marry her?

Last edited:
princesslily said:
It's just that before all she did was shop.
Really? That's all she did? How do you know? Or are you making a sweeping generalisation based on nothing but some paparazzi pics?

EmmieLou said:
Why would she not park inside Clarence House?? Find that a bit weird, surely all we should see is her driving out not walking down a street.

i find this very odd!!!! and schelping her own bag, is she really leaving williams or her own place? location look familiar? it just seems so rude to not allow her to park inside and why bring unseemly attention on their relationship (whether we assume as normal 20+ yr olds who've been together along time sleep together). it justs seems bizarre and unnecessary

the BEST i've ever seen her look was at the polo game, great overall package and the walkie talkie thing just shows the media love to make up good headlines lol.
ya'll are correct about courting the press, like a tiger its just better to not get too close, they love eating you up and spitting you out it make $$$$$$

Kate Middleton should be allowed to have fun and a life without all of us judging her. Without the media (right or wrong) we'd know nothing about this young woman. Without her connection with Prince William she would just be another individual. So what do we really want? I think we all just enjoy the gossip of all? Any opinions???:rolleyes:

princesslily said:
^ I don't think any of us complained to not see enough of her. It's just that before all she did was shop. It was nice to see her at polo events.

Yes I can understand the press following her around, but why go to these celebrity type events when she complained to the press earlier that she has done nothing to gain publicity?:confused:

Well because she's only 24 and she may have figured out that if the press is going to follow her, she's better off going to some publicized events so the press can get their story on something she can live with without the press having to make up stuff which has been the majority of Kate coverage lately.

Dealing with the press is not a science; it can be a hit and miss type of thing.

princesslily said:
Oh and the news about her with a police walkie talkie was a joke from Harry telling Kate to give it to Wills because Wills forgot it from rushing off to play polo. I can't believe all of you thought that it was Kates but I must say that the press can seem believable at times..lol

Wherefrom did you know that?

Prince Williams Girl Friend is *gasp* Dancing.........so what lol no offense but really.

^ I agree - she looks cute, and she's not exactly doing anything scandalous!

princesslily said:
And to think she is supposed to be discreet. I am changing my mind on Kate and feel that she is using her status - "girlfriend" of the future king of england to attend these kind of events. Richard Branson was there and as Kate was on holiday with Holly that would probably be where the invitation came from, but does anyone else feel that as a "girlfriend" of the future king she seems to enjoy the celebrity limelight more?

Oh and the news about her with a police walkie talkie was a joke from Harry telling Kate to give it to Wills because Wills forgot it from rushing off to play polo. I can't believe all of you thought that it was Kates but I must say that the press can seem believable at times..lol

how did you find out about the walkie talkie story not being true?? i was sort of skeptical about that when i read it...not about it being a security tool but about it belonging to her.

to know somebody who told she wasn't keen in going into limelight and now she's acting otherwise, can make one's eyebrows shot up. :rolleyes:

Kate is not courting the press -- unless you're courting the press by going to the grocery store with your mom, going to the ATM, sitting at a bus stop, etc. She goes out, she has an active social life. William loves her, his friends obviously are watching over her while he is away. She's a lovely young woman. Why some people dislike her intensely is a mystery.:eek:

I never really thought about it that way, but Prince Williams friends do seem to be taken care of her while he is away. I think that is very sweet that he wants her to have someonne to go out with and not have to just sit at home crying in your room.

James Whitaker mentioned the other version of walkie talkie story. I must admit that story sounds more likely.
I wonder if Whitaker got a new source, because if his version is right it will be the most accurate he has been in ages.:)

I think Kate has every right to attend her friend's father's party (assuming that's where the invite came from). Just like she attended the fashion shop opening. She knew there would be cameras there, and is having a great time. I think its great to see her still out and about, supporting her friends (or just enjoying her life) and she looks great.

Picture of Kate flicking the V sign. What do you think of her now? (In England, it is considered the same as the middle finger)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006290149,00.html

I'll tell you one thing, the press had been so good to Kate about her reputation making it come out as she is perfect to be future queen, but I have a feeling it is going to change from now on.

This is only my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
princesslily said:
Picture of Kate flicking the V sign. What do you think of her now? (In England, it is considered the same as the middle finger)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006290149,00.html

I'm English and I would do more than make a 'V' sign at the press and their intrusive ways!

The 'V' sign was an insult to the French at Agincourt and Creasy, because of the devasting killing power of the English Longbow. the French said they would cut off the forefinger and second finger (the string fingers), of any lowbowmen they captured. So at any confrontation between the English and French, the English bowmen stuck up their 2 fingers in defiance, therefore it is not as 'rude' as some would like to believe.

She is a normal young woman, who happens to be in love with a Prince.

^ It is still unappriopriate behaviour from someone who is dating the future king of England.

And intrusive ways? She was at a celebrity event. The press were supposed to be there that is all I am saying. Someone said that it is better to go to these events instead of the press making up stories about her? The only bad thing the press were making up were about her career and partying is not going to help.
But I think from this one event onwards, the press are not going to be as nice to Kate as before. The before Kate was out of the limelight and discreet, carrying on with her own life, even if we mainly only saw her shopping which is not a bad thing coz I like to shop too. She had her own friends but where are they? But now she is turning up to all these celebrity events that involve the press and it is not a good idea.

I don't want to get into an argument. This is just my opinion.

princesslily said:
Someone said that it is better to go to these events instead of the press making up stories about her?

That was me and yes, it is a standard solution that publicity agents give to their clients. The more you hide, the more the press tries to find you and then if they don't, they're likely to make up stories.

Its similar to the advice to let the photogs take pictures the first day of a vacation so they'll get their pics and you can enjoy the rest of the vacation.

^ But what is wrong with that? The press were, when she was hiding, saying nice things about Kate.

So Kate thinks a better solution would be to go to a celebrity event and dance with Guy Pelly (the guy with a bad reputation)?

princesslily said:
^ But what is wrong with that? The press were, when she was hiding, saying nice things about Kate.

So Kate thinks a better solution would be to go to a celebrity event and dance with Guy Pelly (the guy with a bad reputation)?

William is the one who chose Guy Pelly as a friend so if Kate is serious with William I doubt that she is going to snub a friend of her boyfriend. That's a major mistake in a relationship.

Going to a celebrity event, dancing with friends of hers and William - sorry, princesslily, I find none of it shocking.

I think the press puts you up to put you down
and make we all believe
I DO NOT believe in the way they say that Kate was flicking the V sign,
not in that way, I mean... she was a carrying bag and was not proposital,
So I believe...
The press speculate a lot of things, if kate wants to "survive" she needs to
ignore all this sh** and keep walking, living her life and stuff ;]

ysbel said:
That was me and yes, it is a standard solution that publicity agents give to their clients. The more you hide, the more the press tries to find you and then if they don't, they're likely to make up stories.

Its similar to the advice to let the photogs take pictures the first day of a vacation so they'll get their pics and you can enjoy the rest of the vacation.

any adivce she receives about the media will never be satisfactory because the public appetite for news about certain people is insatiable. we saw it with Diana and we're seeing it now. she can stop, pose for a photo with a lovely smile, wearing a fantastic outfit and it'll be great - FOR FIVE MINUTES - and then the media will be all over her again for more pics. at some point down the road the media will stop being nice, in spite of the fact that she's cooperated, and will begin printing photos that are unflattering and printing stories that put her in a bad light. it's the way of the media world...one minute you're they're darling and the next they're shredding you to bits. it's a no win situation for anyone.

princesslily said:
It is still unappriopriate behaviour from someone who is dating the future king of England.

And intrusive ways? She was at a celebrity event. The press were supposed to be there that is all I am saying.

Why is it inappropriate, after all 10000's of people make the same sign and I'm certain that Kate knows the true meaning of the V sign and uses it accordingly! :)

Yes intrusive ways, how would any of us like to come out of an event and have dozens of grimy little men shouting 'look this way', 'show us some leg' and all the other inappropriate and offensive things that used to be shouted at any woman walking past a building site! Reporters and celebrity photographers are hardly refined! Anyone who has ever been to any event like the one Kate attended, knows just how 'in your face' they are!

I think that Kate is a young women who is simply enjoying her new "celebrity" status (being invited to posh parties, high-society events, lavish trips to Mustique, etc.). Being watched by the media is always a double-edged sword. They love to sing your praises as well as capture embarrassing moments and splash them all over the tabloids. I think flashing the V sign is something many young people would do and think nothing of it, but it is still early days for Kate and she must watch EVERYTHING SHE DOES...she has not been "completely accepted" by the public nor is she "in" the Royal Family...not yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom