Kate Middleton Current Events 19: March-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Expert me, :ROFLMAO: Not a title I would lay claim to at all!

I am useless at identifying anyone, I shouted at Mel Gibson, (he deserved it), it was my daughter who pointed out who it was! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

If you've that lovely Scottish upper class accent I imagine you with, then this must have been something the Aussie won't ever forget...:lol:

Well, I looked at the picture again and we can definitely rule out schoolboy James Middleton. ;) As one might say, That ain't no schoolboy!:lol:

I like her outfits at the races, esp the blue jacketed one.

But why does she always wear the same earrings?

Jo of Palatine said:
If you've that lovely Scottish upper class accent I imagine you with, then this must have been something the Aussie won't ever forget...:lol:

He doesn't answer to "Aussie" any longer. He's disowned us and identifies with his country of birth, so it's something I hope the Yank doesn't forget. :lol: Payback for Braveheart, perhaps. :ROFLMAO:

Jo of Palantine said:
Nothing new in it, but an interesting summary of Catherine's "career" in the public's eye:

Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about Kate Middleton's rise to fame | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

"Girl, interrupted

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]When Kate Middleton met fellow student William Wales, her life changed in an instant. Oliver Marre talks to friends and insiders about her journey from a Berkshire village to Buckingham Palace[/FONT]"

Well the headlines tempted us with all sorts of hidden goodies divulged by Kate's oldest mates, but the most interesting part of the article was the opinions of the media people about Kate's approach with the media.

One media expert suggested that Kate had learned from Diana's mistake and was keeping the press and a safe but respectable distance. Another expert said that was a mistake, it was past the time when royals could afford to be reserved with the press and he advised that Kate should try to make friends with the press.

Hmm, methinks if Kate tried to be friends with the press it would help their circulation but not necessarily Kate.

There is no good time to curry the press' favour.

Roslyn said:
He doesn't answer to "Aussie" any longer. He's disowned us and identifies with his country of birth...
I thought some of us disowned him first when he delivered his homophobic rant; reinforced later on by his anti-Jewish rant. Mel's a real class act. :wacko:

Suonymona said:
There is no good time to curry the press' favour.

I'd take that a step further and say that there is no such thing as the press' favor.

And as for Mel Gibson, I vote we fob him off on Pluto, since it's not even a planet anymore. :rolleyes:

ysbel said:
but the most interesting part of the article was the opinions of the media people about Kate's approach with the media.

There were some other interesting bits in the Oliver Marre piece. I found it interesting to learn of her 'slight bullying' at Downe House. I wonder why she didn't fit in there. Maybe the DH girls tend to be a bit more prima donna, who knows.
On a different vein, wasn't Lady Gabriella Windsor a Downe House student? She and Kate were born with a year or two of each other, so I guess they were schoolmates for awhile, anyway. ??

Great coat, bad shade for her colouring; but very appropriate for the situation.

I think she looks wonderful. Youthful but not too young. I worry about how thin she is, though....

I can't believe I am about to say this, but she actually looked pretty. No offense to her fans, but sometimes, her wardrobe gets on my nerves. She seems to like one type of clothes (tweed) and sticks with it. Hands down to her on the outfit!

ZandraRae said:
I can't believe I am about to say this, but she actually looked pretty. No offense to her fans, but sometimes, her wardrobe gets on my nerves. She seems to like one type of clothes (tweed) and sticks with it. Hands down to her on the outfit!

I realize that by saying this, I must seem like a hopeless pollyanna or something, but here goes: I must disagree about her wardrobe being always the same. I feel that, yes, she wears often the same accessories (that little black bag for example) and the same boots over and over, but she has definitely made her fair share of experimental choices too. That fur wrap she wore to one of the club parties, I forgot when and where exactly, but I thought it was a very risky outfit, and a bad choice for her, but it was just one of several examples of her taking some risks. I always admire people that take risks with fashion choices because I am such a follower and always wear what feels safe and appropriate. I wish I had a more assertive fashion sense, if only because it would teach me more about what styles are great for me and just in general open more doors.
It's good that she is using this time of -- might we call it 'de facto engagement'? -- to tryout things, see what works best, so when things are official, she'll have a leg up. She seems to be handling her situation thoughtfully. The Daily Mail calls it 'manipulating' and calculating, but there is another way to look at it: It's really just using her brains and making sure that she calls the shots with her publicity instead of letting the media drag her down, like they did with Sarah Ferguson especially. She's learning the rules and the tricks early. It's amazing to watch. I think she and Prince William must often talk about things. I imagine they have everything planned out very methodically so that the 'engagement' comes out on their terms and they won't have any surprise attacks. Very clever. I always had to give PW credit as the Master of commanding his own publicity. He knows what he is doing, that one!;)

She looks downright annoyed in those pictures.

And in the 2nd set of pics from today, she looks exactely like Katie Holmes.

maymayflying said:
She must love this boots very much.

lol I know! But I'm like that with shoes. It's hard to get really comfortable, smart looking shoes and once I get a good pair I usually wear them until they break!

I suppose at least you can't say Kate is frivolous with spending money on shoes! At least we don't have an aspiring Imelda Marcos! :lol:

secret_addict said:
lol I know! But I'm like that with shoes. It's hard to get really comfortable, smart looking shoes and once I get a good pair I usually wear them until they break!

I suppose at least you can't say Kate is frivolous with spending money on shoes! At least we don't have an aspiring Imelda Marcos! :lol:
I love to wear boots too.:rolleyes: :lol:

secret_addict said:
lol I know! But I'm like that with shoes. It's hard to get really comfortable, smart looking shoes and once I get a good pair I usually wear them until they break! :lol:
She probably has 6 pairs of the same style! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
She probably has 6 pairs of the same style! :ROFLMAO:

might even be 20 pairs in the same style :lol: (know a man who has 20 pairs of the same black shoes, will last a lifetime)

You can have 20 pairs of boots but you usaully find one that just fits perfectly and you keep going back to them.

Kate suits them anyway as she is tall .

EmmieLou said:
You can have 20 pairs of boots but you usaully find one that just fits perfectly and you keep going back to them.
I meant identical boots, so that when one pair wears out, she just gets another pair out of the cupboard! :lol:

CasiraghiTrio is suggesting that Kate has a very methodical approach, so maybe the 20 pairs of boots are worn in strict rotation. Numbered boots, a timetable, and a spreadsheet - easy! :)

Warren said:
CasiraghiTrio is suggesting that Kate has a very methodical approach, so maybe the 20 pairs of boots are worn in strict rotation. Numbered boots, a timetable, and a spreadsheet - easy! :)

I like very much Kate, and in top ow that William is in love with her. Out of this, I do not see the bad point, if she "plans" her appearance.
Most of us, are trying to do the same, and we are not the girlfriend of the most eligible man of the world, and future King of England.

Personally, when I go out, I do not wear the same dress for three consecutive days, I instert also a trouser suit, and a pair of jeans, you are not doing a similar think yourselves?

But I think it is the same story for ALL girls of a "common" origin, marrying-dating princes. They try to be suitable for their new role, and they receive a lot of critics.

Warren said:

Well, yes, I do think she and William know exactly what they are doing. Maybe not to the extent of having spreadsheets :lol: but I think they put lots of planning in everything. I'm sure her taking the Jigsaw job was the result of many discussions and that it was arranged for her to take this particular job with trusted family friends that can be trusted not to go blabby.
I agree with fandesacs; she has to be "manipulative" if she can keep her head high amid all the snickers about her fur hat, suede boots (oh dear god, PETA is knockin' at her door!) or 'oh god, not a Longchamp again" and finally, "that sloaney poney, really!" :ROFLMAO:

P.S. I don't mean any offense against PETA. I think PETA does a lot of great work. I was just making a point about the level of scrutiny no matter what she does, someone is going to be upset with it.

CasiraghiTrio, you made a great point about the strategy behind the Jigsaw job. It never really occurred to me that she took that job because her privacy -- what's left of it -- would be better protected there, that in fact, she'd be shielded by close family friends who are truly looking out for her. It's basically one step removed from working for her family's business I suppose. It's common sense I guess, but I never really thought about it that way. Great point!:)

Last edited:
Luv2Cruise said:
CasiraghiTrio, you made a great point about the strategy behind the Jigsaw job. It never really occurred to me that she took that job because her privacy -- what's left of it -- would be better protected there, that in fact, she'd be shielded by close family friends who are truly looking out for her. It's basically one step removed from working for her family's business I suppose. It's common sense I guess, but I never really thought about it that way. Great point!:)
The relative lowkey nature of the company, and being a respectable company -- but not exploited mega-fashion house -- and British-owned makes it a PC choice as well. She and William are planning things PC, gee I wonder why! ;)
Hey, I might read too much into it, though. Maybe there is truth in what I say, as you kindly suggested, but it must be noted that I am guilty of a very advanced stage of royal wedding fever, so my, er, perceptions are probably a wee bit tainted! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom