Kate Middleton Current Events 17: January-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo of Palatine said:
But it reminded me a bit of the costumes the dancers wear at "Riverdance". She looked as if she could immediately start to do tap dance....:lol:

lol that is so true, now all I can think about is Kate in Riverdance!

Skydragon said:
Middleton melee shows 'learnt nothing' from Diana: ex British PM

Former prime minister Sir John Major has labelled as "grotesque" press harassment of Prince William's girlfriend, adding it showed "we have learnt nothing" from the death of Diana, princess of Wales.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070111/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalsmiddletonmedia_070111142519

There are celebrities here in the States that don't get it as bad as Kate does right now. That's pretty pathetic.

Oh of course because John Major really did alot to prevent it during his premiership didn't he?

since everyone on this thread thinks it is awful the way Kate is being chased by the press then maybe as a mark of respect for the privacy of Kate i think it would be a good idea NOT to post pictures of her leaving her house on her way to work

A very good idea. Maybe a Kate Middleton pic amnesty. The press agencies wouldnt get so many hits and it might have some effect I suppose. A little boycott may not come a-miss.

BeatrixFan said:
A very good idea. Maybe a Kate Middleton pic amnesty. The press agencies wouldnt get so many hits and it might have some effect I suppose. A little boycott may not come a-miss.

Indeed. (And it might make William be able to catch up, as he's now three threads behind!)

Wouldnt it be easier to Kate just to move to a different apartment¿. I dunno, I would do that

But why should she have to move because a few photographers wont put a lid on it? It's just so unfair.

i think the pic amnesty is a wonderful idea. and i also agree that it's unfair that she should move. besides, they'd only follow her.

Does it make me a bad person if I WANT to see pictures of Kate?:ermm:

No, no not at all. We all want to see her. But what we dont want to see is pictures of her suffering which she is under this enormous media frenzy.

PrincessofEurope said:
since everyone on this thread thinks it is awful the way Kate is being chased by the press then maybe as a mark of respect for the privacy of Kate i think it would be a good idea NOT to post pictures of her leaving her house on her way to work

We've been discussing the paparazzi issue in the Moderator forum. The only reason we haven't already posted an announcement that we'll be removing intrusive-appearing photos from the site is that we were waiting to hear from all the British moderators and Warren has had some internet access problems this week. However, since several of our posters are already uneasy about these photos appearing on this thread, we'll be going through and removing the photos that were clearly taken by photographers who were getting into Kate's face in the process of taking their photos. I don't think we're necessarily going to remove photos of her leaving or entering her house, since her location isn't a secret, but we'll remove ones taken by photographers who were invading her space in the process of getting their photos.

If anyone thinks unacceptable photos are still around in the threads, please contact one of the British forum moderators.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

:graduate: Bravo! Let us be a guiding light to the rest of society that the harrassment of innocent members of the public is totally unacceptable. Full marks to the mods for doing this. Really is wonderful news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a good move. We should practice what we preach at least some of the time, after all. ;)

Hear, hear! I too applaud the moderators' decision to eliminate those pictures from this forum. We can discuss Kate and what's going in her life right now without umpteen pictures of her leaving her house with a camera in her face.

I only wish these photographers would show the same respect to her, we're showing to her here.

Now she knows what is expecting her if she gets to marry Will!!! Now she can think and ask herself IF THIS IS ALL REALLY worthwhile.

Roslyn said:
That's a very strange article. :lol:

Not really. Just another tabloid piece using Kate to take another swipe at Camilla 'Charles' main squeeze' and the 'dysfunctional' British Royal Family that don't 'do' families very well - whatever that means.

All the while exonerating the tabloid press for hounding Kate because 'after all Kate did know what she was getting into when she started dating Wills'

Yeah, that excuses the tabloids very well doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I was looking through some of the older threads on Kate today and I noticed something, she is pretty much always photographed either alone or with William and his circle of friends. There are a few pictures of her with her mother, but I have never seen any pictures of kate and any female friends. Not to compare the two, but she lives alone, whereas i remeber that princess Diana lived with a few friends before her engagement. I'm not saying that Kate doesn't have any friends or anything like that, it just struck me as kinda of odd that we never see her with any close friends. Who knows maybe Kate is conscious that if she is to one day marry Prince William, she needs to be very discreat and as a result she may only trust her family and William's circle of friends. Anyone else notice this when looking at pictures of Kate?

Yes, I'd noticed that too, and I was wondering how good it is for a person to be going through all this pressure with the photographers and press people without having friends around to relax with. It sounded from some of Diana's biographies that her flatmates gave her essential support during the months before her engagement, and there's Kate on her own in a house where practically everybody knows where she lives, thanks to the photographers. It can't be helping her stress level.

As far as discretion goes, all of Diana's flatmates have so far been very discreet about her; they aren't part of the group of "friends" who rushed to tell their stories to the press when she died, and they must know more than most.

Elspeth said:
It sounded from some of Diana's biographies that her flatmates gave her essential support during the months before her engagement, and there's Kate on her own in a house where practically everybody knows where she lives, thanks to the photographers. It can't be helping her stress level.

As far as discretion goes, all of Diana's flatmates have so far been very discreet about her; they aren't part of the group of "friends" who rushed to tell their stories to the press when she died, and they must know more than most.

I agree, in the many books I have read it seemed like Diana had a lot of close friends that were very loyal to her. I remeber reading about luches she would have with her friends after her divorce, and how she had friends that she had known since before she became a princess. Back to Kate, I think it is important that she has a group of friends to rely on that are hers and not William's, espeially if things don't work out between them.

sara1981 said:
News review: Lest Kate forget Diana
There's nothing more than the papers love than talking about themselves, eh? I have a wild and crazy thought: maybe she wouldn't have so many photographers after her if the papers would quit writing about her? It's one thing if there's actual reportable news going on, but endless rehashing and revisiting and reviewing that comprise the current news cycle are completely unnecessary.

ugh! I know it is almost natural to try to compare the two women. But it is really annoying after one has seen at least 10 articles comparing the two. The press needs to try to come up with something more orginal to say about kate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom