Kate Middleton Current Events 12: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kate looks fab in that outfit! i love everything she is wearing... :)

In most of the pictures she looks either exasperated or irritated. I also think she was not in the mood to be photographed when those pictures were taken.

Smart girl, yes. I would say too smart.If one day she marries william, I hope she changes a little so we can have a nicer princess.I hope she stops making those angry and unkind expressions, and I really hope we'll have a smilling princess, I think that's not asking too much, is it?

With a grandmother whose last name was Goldsmith, is it possible that Kate has some jewish roots?

Aline said:
Smart girl, yes. I would say too smart.If one day she marries william, I hope she changes a little so we can have a nicer princess.I hope she stops making those angry and unkind expressions, and I really hope we'll have a smilling princess, I think that's not asking too much, is it?

There is always two sides of the story and we don't know what the photographer said to Kate. Or how many pics were disregarded because he wanted these pictures because negative things sell better. I believe it when she misbehaves in a video because then there is probably sufficient evidence to make up my mind about her behaviour (even TV lies!!!) But never because of a photo. Or haven't you never been "caught" on a picture in a situation where you'd sworn you were happy, relaxed etc...

She looks very pretty;thanks for the nice pictures:flowers:

TonyaR said:
In most of the pictures she looks either exasperated or irritated. I also think she was not in the mood to be photographed when those pictures were taken.

Or they were the ones they selected to make her look bad! :rolleyes:

She looks like anyone else walking down the street. I don't go around smiling to myself when I'm out why should she. The photographer took pictures and probably they only printed the ones where she is barely smiling. Her not smiling does not make her a not nice person.

How long had it been sice there had pictures of walking around after shopping or whatever?

Jo of Palatine said:
Except banquet manageresses of top hotels... I guess the ladies responisble for the banquets at The Langham or The Ritz knows exactly how these things are done. But could she "tame William"?:lol:

Believe it or not even at the very best hotels they do not have the training of the palace staff although if the staff ever leave the palace employment they are snatched up as private butlers or major duomos for the extreme wealthy. The Ritz may have them as guests but entertaining at that level is always done in a palace or embassy or private home. Hotels may do a certain level of galas with a certain level of royalty present but not the level that the Queen entertains when she holds a formal event.

I like the top part of her outfit (esp the necklace). But I think the pants are too low rise and tight for the jacket.

Empress said:
With a grandmother whose last name was Goldsmith, is it possible that Kate has some jewish roots?

I think I read something about that? She also looks like her hair is more naturally curly (not that this connected at alll) but at least that she is something more than English

karla64, do you know when the photo was taken? Kate seems to have gotten her "look" pulled together. Most of the casual outfits seems similar.

:)
regardez said:
I think I read something about that? She also looks like her hair is more naturally curly (not that this connected at alll) but at least that she is something more than English

Is Kate English? Where is she from or raised? I thought someone said she was from Kentucky or something like that. Is she an American? Is there some place I can go to read a little bi-op on her?

Thanks.

HRH Kimetha said:

Is Kate English? Where is she from or raised? I thought someone said she was from Kentucky or something like that. Is she an American? Is there some place I can go to read a little bi-op on her?

Thanks.

You can try www.wikipedia.org and type in Kate middleton and search

HRH Kimetha said:

Thanks.

Try the profiles on Hello. I know that she was raised in Berkshire and is English.
Also, she appears on the front cover of Hello this week amid speculation of an impending wedding. Having read the report, it's just the usual speculative bumph with nothing new to add in my opinion. :wacko:

hibou said:
Believe it or not even at the very best hotels they do not have the training of the palace staff although if the staff ever leave the palace employment they are snatched up as private butlers or major duomos for the extreme wealthy. The Ritz may have them as guests but entertaining at that level is always done in a palace or embassy or private home. Hotels may do a certain level of galas with a certain level of royalty present but not the level that the Queen entertains when she holds a formal event.

That's right, but at least here in Germany it's part of the training hotel staff going for top positions receives when attending specialized colleges. It's the same training in protocoll and rules etc. than the diplomatic personell receives, mostly done by the same instructors. In former time Switzerland and especially the Geneva area was know for their schools who trained top hotel employees. I once was told by the late Marianne Kaltenbach, who was the Grande Dame of Switzerland's hospitality that some of the instructors made quite some extra money on teaching the young ladies from the finishing "institutes" at the lake how to deal with (and instruct if necessary) their future staff. In Germany there are courses for the spouses of future ambassadors as well who have to learn the art of preparing galas and banquets - though they receive help from their staff, of course.
I was talking about top employees of first class hotels who have sucessfully finished their training and have worked with experienced people before being selected for such a position.

I mean, you don't think that one can learn the formalities of top class events only by watching the queen controlling her staff or from the queen's staff? I agree that there are only few people with the necessary knowledge but there is more than one place where one can learn about that and there is more than one place where this knowledge is essential.

I have no doubt that the RF will find a person to instruct Ms. Middleton if the need arises how to deal with her then upcoming duties. I guess Lady Diana Spencer knew at least the basics from her time spent in a finishing school in Switzerland.

IIRC - Skydragon, haven't you been to such a school yourself? I seem to recall you once even mentioned the name - it was at the lake of Geneva, no?
So maybe you want to step in and tell us first-hand.:flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
That's right, but at least here in Germany it's part of the training hotel staff going for top positions receives when attending specialized colleges. It's the same training in protocoll and rules etc. than the diplomatic personell receives, mostly done by the same instructors. In former time Switzerland and especially the Geneva area was know for their schools who trained top hotel employees. I once was told by the late Marianne Kaltenbach, who was the Grande Dame of Switzerland's hospitality that some of the instructors made quite some extra money on teaching the young ladies from the finishing "institutes" at the lake how to deal with (and instruct if necessary) their future staff. In Germany there are courses for the spouses of future ambassadors as well who have to learn the art of preparing galas and banquets - though they receive help from their staff, of course.
I was talking about top employees of first class hotels who have sucessfully finished their training and have worked with experienced people before being selected for such a position.

I mean, you don't think that one can learn the formalities of top class events only by watching the queen controlling her staff or from the queen's staff? I agree that there are only few people with the necessary knowledge but there is more than one place where one can learn about that and there is more than one place where this knowledge is essential.

I have no doubt that the RF will find a person to instruct Ms. Middleton if the need arises how to deal with her then upcoming duties. I guess Lady Diana Spencer knew at least the basics from her time spent in a finishing school in Switzerland.

IIRC - Skydragon, haven't you been to such a school yourself? I seem to recall you once even mentioned the name - it was at the lake of Geneva, no?
So maybe you want to step in and tell us first-hand.:flowers:

THanks Jo I think the US is just starting to do more in their hotel schools. A protocal school has started with franchaises in the US to teach young ladies proper protocal etc. I guess their mum's are clueless because alot has to do with which fork to use! Quite a sorry state here!

Incas said:
karla64, do you know when the photo was taken? Kate seems to have gotten her "look" pulled together. Most of the casual outfits seems similar.

I think it taken last weekend..It said last Oct 27th.. I am not sure...

I think that if I were Kate I would indeed be a little irritated. It's to be expected, but it's still annoying to have a camera shoved in your face even when you don't want to deal with it.

I do like her outfit, though. The caption on the first picture says the pictures were taken on last Friday morning. She definitely looks like she's on her way somewhere. The caption on the 'matress' photos says that the pictures were snapped over the weekend, so the 2 events aren't actually related.
It must be horrifying to be followed they way royalty and celebrities are followed and spied up by the paparazzi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skydragon said:
Or they were the ones they selected to make her look bad! :rolleyes:

imo, i think media is trying to make her look good so they can sell stories. so people can look up to her and admire her as she is a wonderful princess-in-waiting.

ap3 said:
I like the top part of her outfit (esp the necklace). But I think the pants are too low rise and tight for the jacket.

we share the same opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom