It's A Boy for Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank: February 9, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would Eugenie want to be with her mother right now and not share the first few days of her son's life with her new family consisting of her husband, her son and herself? While having the baby's grandparents and uncles and aunts come over for visits...

Would grandparents/close family members be able to visit under the current regulations?

Indeed, that would make the most sense to me.

Come on, Mr and Mrs Brooksbank, announce the name already - we're eager to know ?

Would grandparents/close family members be able to visit under the current regulations?

Sadly not. Unless they're single adults who've formed a "support bubble" with another household. Seeing as Andrew and Sarah live in the same house, neither of them will class as a single adult, and the Brooksbank parents are together so they won't either. So no visitors allowed.

That's indeed sad. I'm afraid they are one of many who aren't able to share this experience as closely with their family members as they would have done under normal circumstances.

My sister gave birth in May and at that time visitors weren't allowed or at least very much discouraged; so they had '(k)raamvisites' by my brother and his family - with the visitors remaining on the other side of the window.

(Word play: normally visiting a newborn baby is called a 'kraamvisite'; and the Dutch word for window is 'raam', so it's a maternity/window visit)

I've seen reports that Eugenie & Jack are back at Frogmore Cottage with their newborn son. Of course, there's no confirmation, so they could be at Royal Lodge.

There have been articles discussing how scoliosis can impact pregnancy and eventual delivery. It affects each mother differently, but epidurals are difficult. Perhaps a Caesarean was performed which requires more time to recover/ heal.

Good luck to the new parents! I had thought they might make a formal announcement at St. George's Hall at Windsor Castle, similar to the Sussexes. But with the current lockdown, that scenario is doubtful. Maybe we'll at least get a name announcement with a photo on Instagram.

When the christening happens, it will likely take place privately at the same church as Beatrice's wedding, near Royal Lodge.

Come on, Mr and Mrs Brooksbank, announce the name already - we're eager to know ?

Possibly they wotnt announce the name at all.. THey are private citizens.. they dont really need to show off the baby or give his name

Possibly they wotnt announce the name at all.. THey are private citizens.. they dont really need to show off the baby or give his name

I doubt they will not release the name.

They could have gone the private route like Zara and Peter with their kids. And simply had the pregnancy confirmed by the palace, and the birth. But instead they made a public announcement through instagram that they were expecting. And have chosen to share a photo of the baby already. It would be bizarre if they suddenly stopped sharing now and didnt at least provide a name.

They could shock us, but I am expecting a name once they have settled in.

That's indeed sad. I'm afraid they are one of many who aren't able to share this experience as closely with their family members as they would have done under normal circumstances.

My sister gave birth in May and at that time visitors weren't allowed or at least very much discouraged; so they had '(k)raamvisites' by my brother and his family - with the visitors remaining on the other side of the window.

(Word play: normally visiting a newborn baby is called a 'kraamvisite'; and the Dutch word for window is 'raam', so it's a maternity/window visit)

Yes, it's very sad. It's not like you can ever get the precious early months of a baby's life back.

I doubt that they'll have the christening until lockdown restrictions have been eased. Places of worship are allowed to open, but a lot have chosen to close and hold services online instead, and only general communal worship is allowed, so you can't have a private christening ceremony as you would usually.

I would think they'll announce the name on their own social media pages.

I doubt they will not release the name.

They could have gone the private route like Zara and Peter with their kids. And simply had the pregnancy confirmed by the palace, and the birth. But instead they made a public announcement through instagram that they were expecting. And have chosen to share a photo of the baby already. It would be bizarre if they suddenly stopped sharing now and didnt at least provide a name.

They could shock us, but I am expecting a name once they have settled in.

Whilst the Tindalls didn't provide pictures, Mike has been less private about announcing his children on social media than Peter. He announced Mia's name on twitter IIRC and baby number 3 on his rugby podcast - whilst telling everyone that he was hoping for a boy :rolleyes: A spokesman announced Lena's name, along with pronunciation. They've occasionally popped up on his podcast (inadvertently) and he talks about them in interviews. I think they handle the interest and privacy along with general life anecdotes with having an active SM presence quite well.

I do agree it is highly likely that Eugenie and Jack will share the baby's name and probably a photo in the next week or so since they've already put his tiny hand up, along with the informal announcement. Not to mention Eugenie sharing never before seen old family photos on there occasionally.

Just hope they are happy no matter where they live.

Jack and Princess Eugenie could give just the first name of Master Brooksbank.

Congrats to Eugenie and Jack! So many royal babies!

Master Master Brooksbank ?

That may be right up there with Banjo and Pilot Inspector :lol:

Showing my age here but that name reminds me of Master Cylinder from the 60s Felix the Cat cartoons. :lol:

I don't think Eugenie and Jack would saddle their kid with some outrageous name. Maybe something a little out of the ordinary but not something that'd give the kid's classmates a field day with the name.

Maybe they could name the baby Felix? Goes well with Brooksbank.

But when will they divulge the name? I also wanted to see a picture of the child. :whistling:

Probably within the week, there'll be another photo, or at the least an announcement of the baby's name on Eugenie's Instagram. I'm happy for them. This is a special time for new parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just got the baby home. Likely taking a few days to settle in and enjoy him before sharing more. I am sure we will know soon.

Showing my age here but that name reminds me of Master Cylinder from the 60s Felix the Cat cartoons.

I don't think Eugenie and Jack would saddle their kid with some outrageous name. Maybe something a little out of the ordinary but not something that'd give the kid's classmates a field day with the name.

Well before my time, the original airing, but I did know what you were talking about :)

Last edited:
But when will they divulge the name? I also wanted to see a picture of the child. :whistling:

They will have to register the baby by the 42 day mark after birth. They do not need to have decided on a name at that point - The Queen and Philip hadn't with Edward and Philip was even fined for not registering Edward on time.

We didn't see baby pictures of Peter's or Zara's children and I suspect Eugenie might be the same - no pictures or details about the christening etc.

They will have to register the baby by the 42 day mark after birth. They do not need to have decided on a name at that point - The Queen and Philip hadn't with Edward and Philip was even fined for not registering Edward on time.

We didn't see baby pictures of Peter's or Zara's children and I suspect Eugenie might be the same - no pictures or details about the christening etc.

Peter and Zara also didn't have a public social media. And didnt share private photos and posts with the public at the time their kids were born either.

We have seen since Zara and Mike have a more public persona, with Mike's podcast, that we have seen more of their daughters.

Eugenie has shown to be more open to sharing some with the public. Like the announcement and the photo we already have. More then a simple tweet from Mike what Mia's name was, as confirmation.

:previous:While Zara was the most outrageous royal rebel (who can forget the pierced tongue) Mia and Lena were "different" just as "Zara" was different when she was born. Now the Yorks went with history and thus "Beatrice" and "Eugene". Jack is a very old, english name and so I would not be surprised by something with links to the past.

Fortunately, Beatrice (bringer of joy, blessings) and Jack (God is gracoious) don't seem the "Tarquin" or "Ambrose" type.

:previous: Aunt Beatrice may be a sounding board, but I'd think Eugenie (which means nobility or excellence) may have a bigger role in choosing her son's name :D

Zara may have been rebellious but she chose pretty tame lovely names. Even if not overly traditional.

We have yet to see what a York will name their child as this is the first of this generation. Andrew went the traditional route for his daughters when his sister Anne went 'unconventional' with Zara. Zara went 'unconventional', now its time to see what her cousins do.

Last edited:
42 days before you have to register your child?!?
Wow, that is long. Here (the Netherlands) is it 3 days. And don't you dare to be late, otherwise you will be fined for 350 euro's.

Heh, I suggested "Augustus" as a joke of what an upper class old fashioned name might be! Didn't expect to be kind of "right".

I like it. Glad Philip is there. I wonder where Hawke comes from.

He's completely adorable.

Beautiful classic names!
Well, except Hawke maybe.
And Beautiful photo.

Maybe they're fans of Ethan Hawke :) . I suppose August has got Hanoverian links. That's certainly an "original" choice ... I suppose he can always call himself Phil if he fancies being known as something more traditional! Lovely picture.

I think Augustus (as opposed to August) was killed off as a name by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ... people associate it with Augustus Gloop, the greedy nincompoop!

Last edited:
What a great news on the name reveal! August is quite out of the box, yet traditional and upper class. I actually have not heard of it as a first name (I know Augustus). I love how Philip is his middle name

Baby August looks so cute! :flowers: ?

Back
Top Bottom