Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst I've seen from her is a dirty look, which is perfectly understandable. I don't think she even did something like flip anyone off, which I think Kate did maybe once? Not sure about that. Anyway, my point was just to say that I think she's really cool and seems to be very agreeable, easygoing, and amicable with the royal family & the "court." :cool:
Kate flipped off the press? That's awful!
I agree with your general assessment about Chelsy. :flowers:

Harry seems to have calmed off from being the party prince and yes he seems more responsible and sensible and some do say he will marry before William but I dought he would propose to Chelsy out of the blue and want to marry her. Chelsy probably wants to finish her masters first but she is said to be very independent but maybe harry is concerned about her safety but her dad is very wealthy so.........

I didn't know she was doing a Masters.
She is due to start work in London in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that she finished her Masters, that that's what she was working on when she was in university in England.

She was doing her LLB which is a Bachelor of Laws course through Leeds University having done an Economics degree in South Africa.

She hasn't done a Masters, has she?.
Like IluvBertie said she was doing a Bachelor of Laws course.

All I can find is that she did an Economics degree in South Africa and then an accelerated LLB through Leeds university. She has two degrees both at
Bachelor's level.

Perhaps she wants to further her education and acquire a Masters. Some people continue their education (albeit part-time) at the same time they're working.

Perhaps she wants to further her education and acquire a Masters. Some people continue their education (albeit part-time) at the same time they're working.

Of course they do (I have done two Masters that way) but I can't find any mention that she is intending on doing so.

Law is a bit different, in NSW anyway. A law degree is the way to get your practising certificate, and when you have that you get on with the business of practising law. A lot of highly regarded and successful lawyers only have an LLB. Chelsy will need to work hard in her early years to establish her reputation and earn promotion, and will work long hours. She might do a Masters, she might not.

I couldn't agree more about the work level required to operate as a lawyer in NSW. My father got his LLB in the late 40s and started an LLM in the mid-70s but simply couldn't fit in the time to finish it and has never bothered. He was able to do everything he wanted with just an LLB.

‘Chelsy’s working hard practising realistic scenarios and transactions so she knows what to do when she starts working with real clients,’ said a source.
Can someone tell me exactly what this means. Does it mean she is semi-working or what?

If Chelsy has her heart set on being a lawyer, I can't see her marrying Harry as long as he remained a member of the royal family. The only way it might work is if they waited for William to marry and have children so that they could lead a life mostly out of the limelight.

Can someone tell me exactly what this means. Does it mean she is semi-working or what?
I don't think Chelsy is working at all yet or we probably would've heard about it.

The only way it might work is if they waited for William to marry and have children so that they could lead a life mostly out of the limelight.
That might work however Harry will always be expected to do some royal duties, so I don't think he really could live out of the limelight.

Although at the moment she isn't actually working when she does start and when she did her internship with the firm she would have been practising the sorts of situations she would find herself in when working full-time and would be being supervised by a fully qualified lawyer who would be advising her on what she was doing right and where she needs to improve her approach.

No matter what sort of academic qualifications a shiny new lawyer has, they are fairly useless in a legal office until they have practical experience. Chelsy's short law course would have only covered the academic stuff.

In NSW until about 1970 trainee solicitors became articled clerks, essentially apprentice solicitors, and that lasted for 4 years (I think) and during that time they also studied part time. When they had completed their articles they had a lot of experience and were quite useful. Now after you get your degree or other qualification you have to do a practical legal training course before you can be admitted to practice as a solicitor. When I did it it was a full time six month course at the College of Law. Groups of six of you were put into "firms" and were given practice papers which told you the basics of the most common sorts of matters you would encounter in practice, and you were given assignments and handled dummy files of all sorts and drafted documents. Your instructors would mark your work and discuss it with you. When you finished that course you knew the basics of the practical stuff in many fields, but you still had a lot to learn.

If you then went to a litigation firm, as I did, at first you really weren't much more than a clerk. You were attached to a senior lawyer and assisted them. This meant you tagged along to Court with your more senior colleagues and performed mundane tasks and made a lot of phone calls organising witnesses. You were gradually given more responsibility but in the first year you spent a lot of time sitting in Court instructing barristers and making notes of the evidence while your senior colleagues were in the office working on other cases. Watching barristers run cases and assisting them with evidence was a very good way to learn about litigation. You were also given your own straightforward files to handle, and your work was very closely supervised at first. You were gradually given more responsible tasks and more complex matters to handle and increasingly less supervision. The same process applies in other fields of practice. Since I don't think Chelsy will be attending a practical legal training course, I imagine this is the sort of thing she will be doing when she starts work.

Okay, Iluvbertie. Thanks for the info. I forgot about that Economics degree.:)

She was doing her LLB which is a Bachelor of Laws course through Leeds University having done an Economics degree in South Africa.

If Chelsy has her heart set on being a lawyer, I can't see her marrying Harry as long as he remained a member of the royal family. The only way it might work is if they waited for William to marry and have children so that they could lead a life mostly out of the limelight.
The only problem I would have with Chelsy is if she caused Harry to move away from Britain. He is a British Prince and should live in the realm that he is the prince of!

What happened to the article that was posted about Harry and Chelsy?

The only problem I would have with Chelsy is if she caused Harry to move away from Britain. He is a British Prince and should live in the realm that he is the prince of!

He "moved away from Britain?" It's news to me. :ermm:

He "moved away from Britain?" It's news to me. :ermm:

Know he hasn't.
I believe this was a discussion about what porblems we had with Chelsy. And Cd255 said that the problem would be if Chelsy caused Harry to move away, and that he is a British Prince and should live in the realm of which he is prince.

No matter what sort of academic qualifications a shiny new lawyer has, they are fairly useless in a legal office until they have practical experience. Chelsy's short law course would have only covered the academic stuff. . . . . . . .
Thank you Roslyn for the explanation. I think I understand now.
It sounds like Chelsy will have work her way up and prove herself.

I don't think Chelsy could "make" a grown man leave his country, but Harry may leave himself. He did say he hates England.

how could he say he hates England? Where did he say that?

how could he say he hates England? Where did he say that?

He said it in the interview/s given after he served in Afghanistan.

Britain's Prince Harry: I don't like England much | Reuters

This was reported in many papers at the time besides this report.

His actual words were 'I don't like England much' rather than 'I hate England'.

You can even hear him say it here YouTube - Prince Harry says "I don't like England!!"

It would seen fairly obvious that he isn't all that enamoured of England as he takes every opportunity to leave the place to spend time in other places such as Africa but his future is in England/Britain and he either needs to embrace that future or give up his titles, position and the perks that go along with it. In time I am sure that he will settle into the role of the second child in the same way that Margaret and Andrew have done so (I know Anne is the second born but Andrew is the second in line of the Queen's children - and yes I know he is now 4th but he was born 2nd and then moved down to 3rd and now 4th).

^I think he likes England enough to be willing to fight for his country.

What I think he doesn't like is the appalling way he has been treated by some section of the British media and how they have engaged in ritual character assassination and invasion of the privacy of not only him but many people he cares about.

Can I tell you something interesting? Do you remember when Prince Harry was in Lesotho and at that orphanage! Well, I was there aswell before he went there. I went with my church group at that time. I also played with the children a bit then and one thing the children liked about me was my hair. I wish I had a picture to show you what I looked like when they had finished.

I can understand why he doesn't like England, he possible finds Africa more suited to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom