German Restoration?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well...somewhere in Europe, more to the east, in a country with a not so strong democracy, to say so, member of the European Union, this actually happened, all this being videotaped on the official filming of the Parliament, the images got to the press, people saw what happened, were outraged.
There were penal complaints in justice from the parlamentary opposition, at the prosecuting magistracy, between the documents being sent also the video recording and images from that moment.
One year (!) there was absolutely no response received from the prosecuting magistracy.
After one year, the magistracy did respond, saying that there was not enough evidence in order to begin a penal procedure against the president of that parlamentary meeting; however in their response they said nothing about the pictures taken or the recordings.
That person today is still well in charge, being president of the second chamber of the Parliament.

I am very sorry to hear that. :ermm: One thing that is functioning rather well is our justice system. That helps a lot. I do not quite understand myself how it has managed to get there as but seventy years ago, the German justice system was a shameful disgrace...

Of course, even today it is not perfect. But at least they did not hesitate to investigate the case of the German Bundespräsident when they found it to be necessary.

I wish you all the best! May justice rule in your country. :flowers:

Nice to see someone raise the issue as it seems to have got a bit of attention from the media.

As always some people are so shallow that the only comments they can make are insulting ones about how people look. (I'm referring to the aticles comments, not the ones gere)

Interesting but not very practical. How would this be set up and who would financially support the restoration. Would it be the taxpayers of Germany footing the bill or would it be privately funded through the royals themselves?

If the German monarchy was restored, who would become the King? Would it be Prince Georg? Or someone else?

The voters of Germany could vote on this. If the voters voted yes it could be under the condition that whomever is the King or Queen has to have some type of job which benefits the country. This could be promoting German Business, promoting tourism to Germany, etc. They would be paid a salary which would be decided by the German Government and one that was reasonable.

I don't think restoration of Monarchy will ever happen in Germany, but I'd love to see the current Prussian Royal Couple become more integrated with other European Royals. There must still be some very raw nerves about the past, but I wish that would be smoothed over. I think a few Brits were invited to the wedding last August, and perhaps the new couple will be invited to some of the future royal shindings. I'd love to see that happen.

The last emperor has managed to fall out with close to all his Royal relatives and those who live today obviously don't feel the need to interact with the Prussians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's a shame, I think. I've read that CP Maxima, and other European Royals have visited Germany, but it doesn't look as though they've met with Georg F. and Sophie. I guess I'd like to see that happen sometime in the future. The world has changed so much I would hope newer generations could ease into friendlier relations.

I hope it changes in the future. I can easily see the German Presidency being replaced with a constitutional monarchy if the German people have a desire to do so. They are great followers of the other Royals in Europe; I hope they consider it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? They have great stabilty and democracy under the present form of government. Why return to past foolishness?

To be entirely honest: I wouldn't mind a Kaiser Georg Friedrich. He seems such a nice/smart guy and both, he and his wife, would most probably make good representatives. At least all I've seen of them so far surprised me in a pleasant way. Also, a constitutional monarchy is not the worst thing on earth. We've had quite a few fools as presidents now and they will get fat pensions for the rest of their lives, some of them for sure haven't worked as long as the Queen of England. :bang:

But such a scenario, like a restoration of the monarchy, will never happen and that's okay. I guess the majority of the Germans wouldn't even know who Georg Friedrich is. Germany is a republic and it will remain so. :)

Last edited:
I don't think Georg would accept the throne, he doesn't seem like he is really into the monarchy but he would be better than the last ruler of Germany had.

I don't think Georg would accept the throne, he doesn't seem like he is really into the monarchy but he would be better than the last ruler of Germany had.

I don't think they would bother offering it to him if he didn't want it.

Yesterday - the day of the Dutch Inthronement - TV station n-tv made a poll, whether Royalty shall be restored in Germany - and more than 70% voted for "yes".
Well, I do not see this happen in the short term, this surely also was influenced by the enthronement...... nevertheless an interesting number.
BYe Bine

Surely the Germans have better things to do, like bailing out Europe, than restoring a long gone throne,

But unfortunately can this part in our constitution never be changed. I dislike this fact.

Prince Georg of Prussia would be a vey good Emperor.

Prince Georg of Prussia would be a vey good Emperor.
Has he done anything noteworthy in Germany to lead you to believe that? What contribution has he made to German society?

Is there complete certainty about the Crown Prince and Dorothea Von Salviati not having a male heir? What if there were a male heir born out of wedlock? Any whispers about this?

Had Prince Wilhelm and his wife Dorothea had a son, it doesn't matter whether he was born during or previously their marriage, he wouldn't have any kind of succession rights. This because Wilhelm and Dorothea's marriage was unequal and thus morganatic.

He would be second in line IF his father hadn't been excluded from succession.

Ok, it is questionable whether it is fair to punish someone for marrying a commoner. But then it's not possible to turn back the wheel of time. That happened in another generation, when perception of these things was still different.

Louis Ferdinand has chosen Georg Friedrich as his heir. As I perceive it is not fair to constantly question GF's headship of the house. Do they expect GF to disregard his grandfather's wishes and gand over his responsibilities?

Last edited:
Why would the German people ever want to re-establish their monarchy? They are probably the most economically powerful nation in Europe and appear politically stable as well. If they did not restore after Weimar or Hitlers Third Reich what conditions could possibly prompt them to restore a monarchy they rid themselves of almost 100 years ago. Surely no one is nostaligic for the age of Wilhelm II.

And another question is: would Germans accept the restoration of only one German monarchy? Or each German Land would have its own monarchy, like before 1918?

I am German, and I don't perceive the wish for a restoration of the monarchy amoung my fellow Germans. Our current form of state, the republic, is the most stable, successful and peaceful state we ever had. We won't gamble that away just because we like to watch the glamour of other European monachies.

Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preußen is perceived as the head of the former imperial family, nothing more. He has gained the respect of many Germans because he has found a good balance between the historical importance of his family and the reality of a functioning republic. Imho, he would loose this respect from the people if he started to seriously compaign for restauration.

As for Philip Prinz von Preußen, well, I'd be surprised if only 1 % of the population has ever heard about him.

Back
Top Bottom