General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many of you like to get a full translation when Frederik, Mary and their children speak. Here comes one:

Crown Prince Frederik:
Dear everyone.
The world looks completely different today than it did just weeks ago.
We all miss our normal everyday lives.

Crown-Princess Mary:
Now it is Friday afternoon and we have come out to get some fresh air and move our bodies. It is the second week of home schooling and it has required some restructuring for both the children and parents.

(Mary says it with a smile in her voice because ALL parents, during this time, feels it like a certain change suddenly to have to home school all your children)

The kids play soccer in the background.

Frederik and Mary call on the children.

Crown-Princess Mary:
We talk a little bit about the everyday life...

Crown Prince Frederik:
A different everyday life...

Crown-Princess Mary:
What do you miss most?

Princess Isabella dots Christian in the side.

Prince Christian:
I miss seeing my friends and having a slightly more varied everyday life, where there is like a slightly longer period where you can also be allowed to practice sports and be a little more active.
How about you, Bella?

Princess Isabella:
There are of course your friends you miss, but I actually think it’s a lot of fun with home schooling.

Crown Prince Frederik:
What about you, Vincent?

Prince Vincent:
I think that home schooling is very boring.

The family can't help but laugh.
(Prince Vincent really is the honestest in that family :D)

Crown Prince Frederik:
And what about you, Josephine?

Princess Josephine:
I FaceTime with all my friends right here.

Crown Princess Mary to Josephine:
And that's nice?

Princess Josephine:
Yes.

Here after the Crown Prince family sent a heartfelt thank you to all those who work hard for Denmark to get through the corona crisis.

Crown Prince Frederik:
We would like to thank all those who work hard so that we can all get through this difficult time.

Crown Princess Mary:
Those of you who are on the front line, those of you who treat, care and help those who need it.

Crown Prince Frederik:
Those of you who hold together the community and the most important functions. You make a vital effort. Thank you very much for that.

The entire Crown Prince family in chorus:
Take care of yourself and take care of each other.

Last edited:
:previous: The way Christian asked Isabella for her opinion was so cute! He seems to have quite a mature personality. He is growing into a lovely young man.
Props to Vincent for honesty! :lol:

Wonderful message from the family. I love how the kids also gave their opinions.
Thank you for the translations!

Mang tak Roskilde and I agree with your post no 450.
It is really easy to love this down to earth family.

And we must also thank all the food producers for continuing the supply to shops while we self isolate.

I know many of you like to get a full translation when Frederik, Mary and their children speak. Here comes one:

Crown Prince Frederik:
Dear everyone.
The world looks completely different today than it did just weeks ago.
We all miss our normal everyday lives.

Crown-Princess Mary:
Now it is Friday afternoon and we have come out to get some fresh air and move our bodies. It is the second week of home schooling and it has required some restructuring for both the children and parents.

(Mary says it with a smile in her voice because ALL parents, during this time, feels it like a certain change suddenly to have to home school all your children)

The kids play soccer in the background.

Frederik and Mary call on the children.

Crown-Princess Mary:
We talk a little bit about the everyday life...

Crown Prince Frederik:
A different everyday life...

Crown-Princess Mary:
What do you miss most?

Princess Isabella dots Christian in the side.

Prince Christian:
I miss seeing my friends and having a slightly more varied everyday life, where there is like a slightly longer period where you can also be allowed to practice sports and be a little more active.
How about you, Bella?

Princess Isabella:
There are of course your friends you miss, but I actually think it’s a lot of fun with home schooling.

Crown Prince Frederik:
What about you, Vincent?

Prince Vincent:
I think that home schooling is very boring.

The family can't help but laugh.
(Prince Vincent really is the honestest in that family :D)

Crown Prince Frederik:
And what about you, Josephine?

Princess Josephine:
I FaceTime with all my friends right here.

Crown Princess Mary to Josephine:
And that's nice?

Princess Josephine:
Yes.

Here after the Crown Prince family sent a heartfelt thank you to all those who work hard for Denmark to get through the corona crisis.

Crown Prince Frederik:
We would like to thank all those who work hard so that we can all get through this difficult time.

Crown Princess Mary:
Those of you who are on the front line, those of you who treat, care and help those who need it.

Crown Prince Frederik:
Those of you who hold together the community and the most important functions. You make a vital effort. Thank you very much for that.

The entire Crown Prince family in chorus:
Take care of yourself and take care of each other.

Thanks for the translation Tarlita!
This is how it should be done.
Other RFs take note.

Thank you for the translation of what they said!

I love this family (all the royal family); they are so down to earth.

:previous: The way Christian asked Isabella for her opinion was so cute! He seems to have quite a mature personality. He is growing into a lovely young man.
Props to Vincent for honesty! :lol:
I think when it comes to being "lovely", no kid will ever beat Vincent! :flowers: One can already sense that in may be 4 or 5 years many danish girls will have a crush on him!:wub:

Duke of Marmalade you mean Roskilde.

Cheers T.

M&F and children's greeting to the Danes and especially the healthcare workers have been met with an overwhelmingly positive response.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/alle-elsker-mary-frederik-og-boernene-i-er-saa-soede

- As you will notice BB has changed and modernized their layout.
But nothing in English.

However, that could change, if enough of you mail them and request at least a section in English covering the DRF.
Now that the journalists have less to do, the magazine may be more inclined to do at least a trial run in English.
It is something I know quite a few Australians have wished for some time, so why not try it?

Here is BB's contact section:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kontakt

Our Prime Minister has just held a press conference:

If the Danish figures continue to look good the Danish kindergartens and the 0.-5. grade (classes) in schools will open on 15. April.
6.-9. grade (classes) in our schools will continue to be closed and the pupils will continue homeschooling until at least 10. May.

So that means if the Danish figures continue to look fine:
Then Vincent and Josephine will start school on 15. April.
Christian and Isabella must continue with home schooling until at least 10. May.

Everything else in Denmark (except workers with critical functions) remains closed until 10. May.

We must gather a maximum of 10 people.

No major meetings of people are allowed until the end of August.

* I’m not sure we will see much to the Queen and Crown Prince couple officially as we are not allowed to gather more than 10 people together in public until at least 10. May.

Last edited:
:previous: It must really raise the spirits of the Danes to know there is light at the end of the tunnel with an organised beginning to (hopefully) return to normal.

Thank you for the update Roskilde.
Hoping for the best and that the good news continue for Denmark.

:previous: It must really raise the spirits of the Danes to know there is light at the end of the tunnel with an organised beginning to (hopefully) return to normal.

You are absolutely right, nothing like a date to galvanise one's spirits in these trying times.

So happy for my Danish friends, I pray that this downward trend continues and things start to look upward. Children can start to enjoy school, I know mine are so ready to return... but they probably wont this school year.

Thanks for the update Roskilde. It still does seem a bit strange that Josephine and Vincent's age group can attend school but the older children are still obliged to be homeschooled. I guess Denmark is gradually easing everyone back into normal life? They seem to have had pretty efficient lockdown measures as I heard the cases were more contained in Denmark so I guess the government deemed it safe enough.

I assume it would be because younger children need someone to look after them 24/7 and in my experience, its harder to teach younger children online etc, whereas older children can be more self sufficient at home, look after themselves a bit and engage better online.

:previous: And not least because the younger ones are going stir-crazy (and so are their parents!)
As long as the teenagers have their phones, they can cope. ?
I know, I'm looking at one, happily absorbed with her phone right now.

I wonder whether it also I because of health reasons. Children seem least affected by the virus, so that's probably why some countries will first decide to have children up to the age of 12 return to school before they also have their teenagers return to school.

Also, before parents can return to work daycares, kindergartens and primary schools have to open. You can hardly leave a 5-year-old alone at home while you go to work.
+it's better if a smaller number of children starts at first and then gradually adding others

I suspect that the PTB want to ease back into "normal" life. I think if given the choice between younger kids versus older kids, the older kids are considered most suitable to continue to be educated online.

CP Frederik today:

"A big help to all of us landed early this morning from a cloudless sky at Copenhagen Airport.
I was invited to attend the landing of the world's largest cargo aircraft, where the cargo of 1,000,000 face masks and 170,000 protective suits and other protective equipment will be a major help to the home care system in the coming years in the fight against COVID-19.
I would like to extend a huge thank you to all involved who have made flights with protective equipment from China possible."

http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hkh-kronprinsen-overvaerede-landing-af-fragtfly-med-vaernemidler

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

These three planes were the first of 24 (seriously huge) planes bringing this relief-aid from China to DK.
The logistic has been organized and paid for by Mærsk shipping.

Each plane carry masks enough to cover the (medically responsible) need for masks in the Copenhagen area for one week.

The number of masks and other protective equipment had reached a critical level here in DK.

All very good points! I hadn't thought about younger children needing more management - which, as a pre-school teacher in normal times, I can totally understand! A class of 6 can seem like it's double the size sometimes. :D I would presume the decision has more to do with practicality since COVID has been proven not to discriminate against age, sadly, as we have had some young children and teenagers lose their lives to the disease here in the UK. They are rarer cases, however, but are unfortunately still there.

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

These three planes were the first of 24 (seriously huge) planes bringing this relief-aid from China to DK.
The logistic has been organized and paid for by Mærsk shipping.

Each plane carry masks enough to cover the (medically responsible) need for masks in the Copenhagen area for one week.

The number of masks and other protective equipment had reached a critical level here in DK.
We here in Ontario have also received Chinese masks to help critical shortages : however buyer beware
https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...lf-a-million-masks-imported-from-china-2020-3

a similar situation has also happened to us:sad:

Vincent and Josephine have almost certainly started in school again today as their school has reopened.
However Isabella and Christian are not to return to school yet. They will still be taught online.

:previous: The Danish return to school got on the British news here too! Spain is also starting to ease back into normal life gradually, so perhaps we'll also see Leonor and Sofia return to school in the next couple of weeks.

We are still on Stage 4 Lockdown but our PM gave us a brief of the conditions of Stage 3 for when we are ready. So far the schooling seems to be in line with Denmark except there is no compulsion to send your kids back to school.

Frederik gave an interview of his time during the frogman training. Nice interview
https://issuu.com/soldaten/docs/315695_soldaten_3-20_web/s/10436438
"After the student school, I could feel that I was given a much greater stress threshold, a better resilience and ability to maintain the overview wherever it may be," the Crown Prince says of the tools he still uses to this day.*

Nice photos
https://assets.isu.pub/document-str...f144c/v1/312f90060b5b987d1469a7b3efb5694b.jpg
https://assets.isu.pub/document-str...f144c/v1/99d2a4b7711a195170501c688bc3a5e8.jpg
https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagra...=1ae5f2b47f43647fb94da23839218e80&oe=5EC2B6A6

:previous:

Thanks, Polyesco.

That's a magazine for conscripts. And since the vast majority of conscripts here in DK are volunteers (more than 90 %) they will no doubt read it with a positive attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom