General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She talked to the children at the presentation of the christmas seal and they asked her several questions, e.g. are you rich?
The media wasn't overhearing the conversation but apparently asked the children afterwards what they were talking about. According to Billed-Bladet the children said that Mary said she is rich but not as rich as the queen. According to Ekstrabladet (always a relieable source :ROFLMAO:) she said she isn't rich. Anyway, both are just quoting/misquoting? the kids.
I think Mary wouldn't say such a thing that she is rich in public, that should be a word that should never come out!:lol:

I love these article from Ekstrabladet (it is so funny):
"Mary: I am not rich"
Ekstra Bladet - Mary: Jeg er ikke rig

I love the fine irony in the article - and behind the situation. The Christmas Seal helps really poor children and she said: "I am not rich..." I think it is a little bit "unlucky" to say something like this in a situation like this...

Actually the stamp is not for poor children. The money goes to 4 "homes" for overweight children and children that are treated bad in their school and get bullied.
They are learning to eat correct and practise some kind of sport, and most of them get their selfestime back after they have been theese places.

Really, but really, modern world amazes me so much...I must begin to see things in their comic light, or I should burst in tears...

Vanesa.

Can you explain why Vanessa?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm late coming to this question about those pearl ropes Mary wore to the Alison concert in Sonderborg on Oct. 30th: Can someone with fashion sense tell me if that is a "new" style or just bling? The pictures I saw the pearls were hanging down past her waist.

I think that Mary and Frederik are hiding a bit Christian and Isabella, I think in the past we could get to see more of Christian outside his house but now it is impossible to see him more often1Too bad for us, maybe they realise that they were exposing him too mucht|

I wouldn't read too much into it, biboquinhas ;)

There shall be plenty of opportunities in the future to see both Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, I'm sure.

I received a beautil card from The Prince and The Princess

General News about Crownprince Frederik and his family - this week in Germany:
Almost every (rainbow) newspaper wrote, that Crownprincess Mary looked very sad in the last time. That she had glassy eyes and a forced smile...

Almost every (rainbow) newspaper wrote, that Crownprincess Mary looked very sad in the last time. That she had glassy eyes and a forced smile...

Exactlt which last event where they talking about? Mary looked just as fine. Btw, i do recall a few magazine's a while ago saying something between those lines & they will continue saying nonsense.

Exactlt which last event where they talking about? Mary looked just as fine. Btw, i do recall a few magazine's a while ago saying something between those lines & they will continue saying nonsense.

They show pictures of the Julemærkefonden and where Crownprincess Mary has worn the red jacket...
I agree in just one point: Her eyes looked glassy!

They show pictures of the Julemærkefonden and where Crownprincess Mary has worn the red jacket...
I agree in just one point: Her eyes looked glassy!

Considering the fact that the german tabloids are bad beyond believe even not every german tabloid wrote about CP Marys unhappiness the last week. As a german myself I would be tremendously ashamed to mention the rubbish that is printed by this tabloids. It's remarkable that there are people willed to waste money for this trash. The sad thing is that there are still people who are silly enough to believe the garbage offered by this tabloids, even one should think life has teached people otherwise. Besides I myself haven't seen a glassy eyed crown princess.

Last edited:
Me neither!! She looks happy as always! The tabloids just want to sell something. They don't care and thats why they do not lokk at the photos of Mary thouroughly.

And next week and the week after that, it will be another CP or celebrity the tabloids are "exposing" as looking sad, depressed, skinny, overweight or what ever they think can make money. They only need to finde a failed foto from somewhere - and woops - they have got the basis for yet another story whitout substance:D.

Why did you receive that card! Have you sent them another card?It is a nice thing to do!

Yes, I send then an email. The Chief of the Court of them responded my email.

The card said: "Their Royal Highness The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess have asked to me to thank you for your warn whishes on the ocassion of Prince Christian´s birthday"

It is my job to read all the newspapers. I never said, that I believe the things, you can read in the rainbow-press. But I understand this thread in this way: It is a place to report, what you can read (now, today, this week) in the newspapers - independent of truth or lie. Just to show the opinion, you can find just now.

I am smart enough to know the differences between the different newspapers and between a good, a bad and a wrong story.

But - as I said before (even in the thread about the Julemærkefonden) - I agree: Crownprincess Mary looks ill. Like having a cold or fever. But - as I said before - I only see the pictures, presented by the Crownprincess Mary fans in the thread. I didn't saw her acting and I didn't saw the pictures between these (fan-)pictures.

But back to the General News about Crownprince Frederik, etc.:
I will try to summarize the articles I read in the last week:
It is still about the Trine Villmann book. But in the first time after the book's release, it was about the book and the content of the book.
Now it is about the situation after the releasing-date.
And the newspapers take a look at Crownprince Frederik and his wife and they describe what they think, what they see, what they hope to see, ... (all in combination with the conten of the book).

Some quotations:
"She was Frederik's second choice"
"Crownprincess Mary is all alone"
"Last week - tears in her eyes"

I remembered these same tabloids changed the colour of CPss Mary's eyes and dress on its front cover page and also placed a wrong photo of baby Christian on its front cover two years ago. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the DRF should follow the actions taken by the Swedish Royal Family and Princess Caroline of Monaco against these German tabloids.:)

Swedish royals sue German tabloids for rumors about crown princess - AP Worldstream - HighBeam Research

The Local - Swedish royal family sues German publisher

Swedish Royals Sue German Gossip Rags | Culture & Lifestyle | Deutsche Welle | 24.11.2004

Princess Caroline of Monaco won her case against German tabloids at the European Court of Human Rights.
DW-WORLD.DE - Paparazzi Ruling Could Restrict German Tabloids

Here are the list of complaints against the German tabloids including from the Norwegian Royal family
Complaint against German Scandal Press

Last edited:
One of Frederik's former girlfriends, Malou Aamund, may have won a seat at the parliament after the general election in Denmark today. Malou Aamund (Malou Aamund stiller op for Ny Alliance - Politiken.dk) represents the newly formed party Ny Alliance.
Malou Aamund is senior sales manager with IBM Denmark, married and has three daughters.

What kind of party is NY Alliance?

Ny Alliance is a liberal party that was formed in May this year by two members who left the Radical party, Naser Khader and Anders Samuelsen, and one from the conservative party, Gitte Seeberg.

Naser Khader (Ny Alliance - Naser Khader), (Naser Khader > Forsiden) has a very high profile in Denmark, not least after his way of dealing with the socalled Mohammad crisis two years ago and he is rather popular.

------

And Malou Aamund has apparently secured her parliamentary seat....

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question...but does Mary speak danish fluently? Does she have to?

This might be a stupid question...but does Mary speak danish fluently? Does she have to?

I think it is absolutely necessary that the Crown Princess and future Queen Consort be able to speak the language of the country. How else is she suppose to communicate effectively while performing her royal duties or even her basic activities of daily living.

Now if you want to find out how Mary is doing language-wise, you should read this thread (Mary's accent). However, I must warn you to read it with a grain of salt. ;) :D

Well, to speak the language is important indeed, but I don´t mind an accent. In The Netherlands we had Prince Bernhard who had a very strong German accent, he never was able to speak Dutch perfectly, neither was Prince Claus and even Maxima has an obvious accent. To me that is perfectly fine, it even adds some charm, as long as they are able tohold proper conversations, keep the words in sentenses int he right order etc. I suppose Mary is able to do that too by now but I think it is very tricky to lose an accent (and as I said, IMO not necessairy).

A select group of people have unfairly criticized Mary's accent, and her supposed lack of grasp of the language.

Believe me, learning Danish is incredibly difficult. Furthermore, I highly doubt that she will lose her accent completely. Example: Henrik. You can still hear a bit of a French accent when he speaks Danish.

To hear Mary speak Danish please click here

She does better than I could lol. Thanks for the clip, I hadn't heard her speak before.

A select group of people have unfairly criticized Mary's accent, and her supposed lack of grasp of the language.

Believe me, learning Danish is incredibly difficult. Furthermore, I highly doubt that she will lose her accent completely. Example: Henrik. You can still hear a bit of a French accent when he speaks Danish.

To hear Mary speak Danish please click here

You could even detect a faint accent in the Danish spoken by the late queen Ingrid who spent so many years in Denmark :) - and was brought up with a 'brother tongue' from just a few kilometres across the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom