Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC they did George's around 6 pm so there's still hope!

LaRae

They know they can’t go too long without providing a reason. If they’re waiting on The Queen the Palace should state that’s the reason.

I’m not sure why The Queen needs to physically see the baby before we get a name.

We’re told The Queen is fond of her IPad. There’s always FaceTime.

I like the suspense, and it is right to delay the announcement if they're waiting for the entire family to meet the baby. There's no hurry! It's a special time for all involved and I hope they savour it before the press and the whole world begin to comment on how old, clunky, modern, edgy, boring the name they picked is...

Wyevale on another thread said he just passed KP and the guy mowing the lawn shouted at him "It's Arthur!" but I think he was pulling his leg. We're having a bit of fun with it on the "The Birth of Prince xxx" thread!

Last edited:
They know they can’t go too long without providing a reason. If they’re waiting on The Queen the Palace should state that’s the reason.

I’m not sure why The Queen needs to physically see the baby before we get a name.

We’re told The Queen is fond of her IPad. There’s always FaceTime.

Oh please...FaceTime...? How about they do a Facebook Live streaming for the whole world, then...:ermm:

IF (and I stress IF) they're delaying the announcement so that the Queen and the PoW can meet the baby before I think it's a question of respect that no "smart" technology can overcome.

Why are people so greedy to get a name?? We will, we definitely will so let's just enjoy the suspense and the thought of this beautiful family enjoying a precious baby in his first days!

Wyevale on another thread said she just passed KP

I'm , [very much] a 'he', but not to worry, you couldn't have known..

No they don't. This is not a constitutional issue. They're entitled to their privacy and time on this matter.

Oh please...FaceTime...? How about they do a Facebook Live streaming for the whole world, then...:ermm:

IF (and I stress IF) they're delaying the announcement so that the Queen and the PoW can meet the baby before I think it's a question of respect that no "smart" technology can overcome.

Why are people so greedy to get a name?? We will, we definitely will so let's just enjoy the suspense and the thought of this beautiful family enjoying a precious baby in his first days!

We got George and Charlotte’s names after two days. So if we go into the weekend without a name people will wonder why. I like the suspense as well but sometimes this sort of thing makes the royals seem out of touch.

Kate’s due date would have been known for awhile but yet it seems the major players like Charles and the Queen weren’t prepared to be available.

If the name can’t be released until the family has met the baby, then the family should make sure they plan ahead.

We got George and Charlotte’s names after two days. So if we go into the weekend without a name people will wonder why. I like the suspense as well but sometimes this sort of thing makes the royals seem out of touch.

Kate’s due date would have been known for awhile but yet it seems the major players like Charles and the Queen weren’t prepared to be available.

If the name can’t be released until the family has met the baby, then the family should make sure they plan ahead.
But I still don't get the perceived need to release a name quickly, other than our curiosity.

But I still don't get the perceived need to release a name quickly, other than our curiosity.

Quite, they ARE a family.. and should do 'the right thing' by that family, rather than pandering to our impatience..

That's the ticket. Put the entire BRF on maternity/paternity/granpaternity/great granpatenity leave for the month surrounding a royal baby's birth.

Just to be sure we get the baby's name post-haste. :D

They can take as long as they wish, and they do not have to give a reason.

They’re not waiting because they don’t have a name. With the other babies we had a name almost right away.

I’m sure the Cambridges are excited to share the name.

They’re waiting on family as a courtesy. Ok fine, but Charles doesn’t even make the time attend his grandchildren’s birthdays so if it were me I’m not sure how long I would wait.

I do think that not releasing the name yesterday because of ANZAC day and memorials throughout the UK and the Commonwealth that members of the BRF were involved in was a very valid and reasonable reason for the delay of the name announcement.

They have the right to announce things pertaining to their family at any time they choose to. They don't *owe* us instant information just because we're curious. It'll happen when it happens.

They’re not waiting because they don’t have a name. With the other babies we had a name almost right away.

They’re waiting on family as a courtesy. Ok fine, but Charles doesn’t even make the time attend his grandchildren’s birthdays so if it were me I’m not sure how long I would wait.

They didn't wait until Charles had met Charlotte to announce the name - they did wait until the Queen had met each great-grandchild to announce it though.

More than likely, the delay was partially because the Queen hasn't met the baby and partially because yesterday was Anzac Day.

1. We don't know WHY they're waiting. Family not having met the bay, Anzac Day or maybe they took a good look at the child and thought: "Wait! He's not an Arthur!" We just don't know. It's speculation.

2. I don't think the Cambridges are excited to share the name. It's something they have to do. Period.

I do believe that they are aware of people's eagerness to get the name and tried to distract and appease the public announcing Prince William as a best man. A bit of a PR move...

They weren't going to clear their schedules for several weeks in anticipation of when the baby decided to arrive. Due dates are guidelines, unless a c-section is scheduled or a planned inducement, babies come when they feel like it.

Another thing to consider here is that oftentimes, royal engagements are booked quite far in advance. Its possible that some of this month's royal engagements were penciled in before Kate announced her pregnancy.

The BRF doesn't have the option of calling in sick for engagements unless there's a dire reason to do so. ;)

There is so much going on in this family, and so many announcements to be made. People are grappling for wedding information and baby name and family members have duties. Timing it all could be rather difficult, since you don't want to take from any one thing or another.

We wait months for the names of the Danish babies, it's insane the stir for this one. It's their family and if they want to wait and introduce them to the important players, then they get to make that decision.

And for the record, Charles not popping in for a granchild's birthday isn't a sign of lack of participation on his part. My children know their grandparents well, and they all play huge roles. None of them have been present for a birthday, with the exception of the one that fell on a Saturday. Grandparents have lives, and Charles is busier than most people his age. Carole and Michael have more flexibility, so of course we're going to see them around more. Charles doesn't have that luxury. He's heading into 70 and rather than facing retirement, his career is only getting harder.

At the end of the day, this is a family celebrating their 3rd child. They don't owe us a darn thing.

Oh the Fail is so annoying. Are they going to print the new prince's name as Prince XXX Middleton? How hard is it to report that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are going to announce the name??? :bang:

This argument is dragging on...in her day Diana was frequently referred to as Lady Diana, rather than her title. WHY DOES IT MATTER? I don't believe anyone is being malicious in calling her by her maiden name. And she quite obviously doesn't care.

Just a disclaimer- Princess Charlotte is not the first member of the Royal Family affected by the new laws of Succession.

Just a disclaimer- Princess Charlotte is not the first member of the Royal Family affected by the new laws of Succession.

But she is the most senior member (in terms of position in the line of succession) to be affected by them. Not that many people know or care about Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman.

Bookmakers William Hill have slashed the price of Arthur being the name of William and Kate's third baby after a punter in South London went into a shop requesting £20,000 on the name at 5-2. Was he brushing his cuff links and using the phrase “if I may say so”?

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

S
But she is the most senior member (in terms of position in the line of succession) to be affected by them. Not that many people know or care about Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman.

No offense, but that still doesn't make it correct. But that is all we can expect from the Fail.

I'm sticking with my guesses of James Albert Michael or Phillip Arthur James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom