Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope they give her a modern name. It hasn't to be a traditional name. I like Laura, Charlotte, Sara or Julie. But my favourite is Sara, I'll name my daughter Sara if I have a daughter some day. It's a beautiful name. The second may be Margrethe, the third Henrietta and the fourth Ingrid.

Sara Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid - isn't it beautiful?

:ermm: I can't help but notice that Mary has a number of niecces but none of the little girls have "Henrietta" or any version of the name. I'm sure they loved their mum too maybe thought was to old fashioned to used I doubt they saved the name for their little sister. Any how how about Adelaide or a combo like Marietta maybe Sigrid?
Wittykitty

wittykitty said:
:ermm: I can't help but notice that Mary has a number of niecces but none of the little girls have "Henrietta" or any version of the name. I'm sure they loved their mum too maybe thought was to old fashioned to used I doubt they saved the name for their little sister. Any how how about Adelaide or a combo like Marietta maybe Sigrid?
Wittykitty
Haha hadn't ever thought of a combo like that ..Mary + Henrietta = Marietta .. I actually like it .. Marietta Ingrid Dagmar Magrethe.

I´m very happy for Mary's baby girl...She looks gorgeous as both her parents!!! Since the baby is a girl ...my guess is that she's going to be called as Ingrid or Elisabeth...

I vote for princess Madelaine of Sweden and prince Hakoon of Norway. And why notprincess Mabel (just to change...)

Ingrid Mary Henrietta Louisa

Elisabeth Maria Beatrix Ingrid Alice Mary

Ingrid Madeleine Ophelia Mary

Elisabeth Madeleine Gabriella Ingrid Mary

Sophie Elisabeth

Isabella Astrid Mary Augusta

Emma - Louise Charlotte Mary Ingrid

Xenia Elisabeth Mary Olga Dagmar

Karolina Mary Ingrid Elizabeth

Caroline Henrietta Mary Ingrid Rose

Astrid Mary Ingrid Charlotte

Maria Catherine

Rebecca Ingrid Alice Mary

Katrina Elizabeth Mary Ingrid

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it necessary for the godparents to be there? If I remember correctly, at Ingrid Alexandra´s (???) christening most of her godparents were absent..

eireann said:
Is it necessary for the godparents to be there? If I remember correctly, at Ingrid Alexandra´s (???) christening most of her godparents were absent..

Was Prince of Asturias there? He's godfather of Ingrid Alexandra but I didn't saw him on the photos

Nouvelle said:
Was Prince of Asturias there? He's godfather of Ingrid Alexandra but I didn't saw him on the photos

No Prince Felipe was not present at her Christening.

For the lillepigen I think Prince Phillipe of Belgium will be asked, Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark will be godmother along with one of Mary's siblings and a family friend:flowers:

Louisa Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

wittykitty said:
Any how how about Adelaide or a combo like Marietta maybe Sigrid?Wittykitty

I love Marietta:wub: That is so pretty

Marietta is the name of a city in Georgia. I don't think it's a a suitable name for a princess.

No one knows what her name will be. People should just accept that. There are too many "I know" going around here. It's a little annoying with so many people "knowing".

I think Marietta is gorgeous and would be very appropriate!

DRW mentions the name Aziaja, which is Greenlandic. Does anyone know the proper way to pronounce it? I'm guessing Ah-zee-ah-jah, but with my complete lack of knowledge of Danish or Greenlandic names or language, I could very well be way off...I think Aziaja sounds pretty, though, and kind of unusual. Aziaja Margrethe Mary Ingrid, or Aziaja Ingrid Mary Margrethe, or Aziaja Henrietta Ingrid Mary?

IMO Henrietta have to be a part of the name. My favourite name is:

Louise Elisabeth Margrethe Henrietta

christinacg said:
I think Marietta is gorgeous and would be very appropriate!

Marietta isn't even an actual conventional name, hence why I doubt they'd use it. Why not name the kid Atlanta or San Francisco?

I looked Marietta up today, and it is an actual name !

magnik said:
MARIETTA
Italian pet form of MARIA

Related names to Marietta Behind the Name: Search Results

It's the name of a city in Georgia. It is not an appropriate name to give a princess. Like I said, let's go ahead and name the kid Atlanta or Dallas.....I know people who gave their children those names.

Georgia, Nevada, Virginia, Carolina, Idaho...

magnik said:
Georgia, Nevada, Virginia, Carolina, Idaho...

I don't know anyone named Marietta [I've never even heard of the name being used in the United States] but I know plenty of Georgias and Virginias. Same goes for Carolina. My best friend in grammar school was named Carolina. But those 3 names are commonly accepted names for girls.....I've never heard of Marietta being one of them.

Nevada and Idaho? Who names their kid Idaho? That's not even remotely attractive.

There was one (Duncan) Idaho on Herebert's Dune.

magnik said:
There was one (Duncan) Idaho on Herebert's Dune.

That's a last name. Not a first name. That's not the same thing. That's not the name chosen for a child. There are a ton of last names that would never make an appropriate first name for any child, especially a royal one. Idaho is a great example. Besides, that's fictional.

I'd like to see them give their daughter a traditional, yet beautiful name. Charlotte, Louise, Marie, Alexandra, Sophia, Theresa, Ingrid, Margrethe....something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom