Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Beatrice won't marry as Princess Beatrice, Mrs Dave Clark, just doesn't have the same ring as Princess Beatrice of York.:whistling:

Just kidding, of course. I think she will marry at St George's, but I think Eugenie will go for something more avant garde, like Lady Sarah Chatto did, or not even a church at all, although her grandmother might not be too keen on that idea.

I really can't imagine either of the York girls marrying without having their family in attendance and that (as been noted before), includes the big cheeses of the British Royal Family and regardless of where they marry, the security will have to be top notch. Although Verbier would be coming full circle for Eugenie, if HM is still alive, she'd want her grandmother in attendance but it could be a possibility for a Swiss wedding if Charles is king (depending on how close she really is with her uncle).

With Harry, the security issue remains the same no matter where he marries and as popular as he is, people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't a full blown publicized wedding although I don't see it on the same scale as William's with foreign dignitaries and heads of state. William's wasn't a full state wedding but very close to it and I think Harry's will resemble it but on a lesser scale.

For all we know, by the time the York girls marry, Charles will be king and they'll opt for a destination wedding such as one on Necker Island and it'll be totally private and off limits to the public and the press.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I really can't imagine either of the York girls marrying without having their family in attendance and that (as been noted before), includes the big cheeses of the British Royal Family and regardless of where they marry, the security will have to be top notch. Although Verbier would be coming full circle for Eugenie, if HM is still alive, she'd want her grandmother in attendance but it could be a possibility for a Swiss wedding if Charles is king (depending on how close she really is with her uncle).

With Harry, the security issue remains the same no matter where he marries and as popular as he is, people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't a full blown publicized wedding although I don't see it on the same scale as William's with foreign dignitaries and heads of state. William's wasn't a full state wedding but very close to it and I think Harry's will resemble it but on a lesser scale.

For all we know, by the time the York girls marry, Charles will be king and they'll opt for a destination wedding such as one on Necker Island and it'll be totally private and off limits to the public and the press.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Have the Yorks been to Necker since Dave quit working for Branson?

Have the Yorks been to Necker since Dave quit working for Branson?

I really don't have a clue on that one but I think they're still friends with the Branson offspring. Necker Island was just an example of a possible destination wedding venue. :D

Compare

Everyone just look at Princess Alexandra's wedding. Just take out the older foreign royals and put in younger ones and deposed young royals. Also instead of dignitaries and politicians put in celebrities. Now you have Beatrice's wedding. I think it will be at Westminster or St. George's.

Yes, I think there will be plenty of celebrities present at both girls' weddings. They, and their mother, just move in those circles.

Do you believe either Beatrice or Eugenie would like a Spring wedding with either the wedding day being in April or May? :sun::sun:

They may very well marry in the Spring. With English weather being what it is, balmy July or flaming August could be chosen and you could still get a downpour! There's just a bit more of the chance of showers if you wed earlier in the year I think.

Neither of them seem very inclined to marry at all, so far ....

LaRae

Don't think we will hear about an engagement this year this is granny's year !i think the Yorks would like a bit of attention so will wait till there's no big birthdays or babies

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They are 27 and 25, there is certainly no rush for them to marry. :flowers:
So far Will is the only cousin to marry before his thirties. Zara was 30 and Peter 31 when they married. Harry will certainly be a few years into his 30's considering he isn't even seriously dating.

Very few people marry in their early or mid twenties these days, even if they have been dating for many years. I see the same with the York Princesses. My guess is that they will marry somewhere around being 28-29 years of age, if the relationships go still strong that is.

I don't imagine international royalty being represented at their weddings. But the two girls seem to be well acquainted with some continental aristos, they have attended weddings in Germany eg. So there would probably be many interesting guests to watch.

I would like to see one or the other of them take the plunge in the next twelve months. There's nothing nicer than a royal wedding, the gown, tiara, bridesmaids, venue, the guests, all wonderful to talk about.

Princess Charlotte would probably be a cute bridesmaid in a few years.

Charlotte would make a lovely bridesmaid when she's about three or four. Perhaps she can be one for Harry and his bride? I don't think little Grace Cutsem was much older than four when she was an attendant at William and Kate's wedding.

All depends are her personality and maturity level. Not all children that age are up to that. I see George as part of either/both Harry's or the Yorks weddings though.

Between the children of her older cousins and even first cousin James there are plenty of options for flower girls and page boys.

Grace and Camilla's granddaughter Eliza were both 3 at the wedding. Louise and Margarita were 7 and 8. The page boys were 10 and 8.

Grace was already a practiced flower girl. She had served as flower girl at the wedding of Lady Katie Percy. She looks to have been a flower girl at an earlier wedding based on photos but I cant find whose.

But yes, it is all depends on the maturity/attitude. Some 3/4 year olds couldn't handle it, especially a big royal wedding.

Between the children of her older cousins and even first cousin James there are plenty of options for flower girls and page boys.

Yes, it would be cute to see one of Peter's daughters. Or if they were to use George, pairing him with Mia as they are close in age.

Everyone just look at Princess Alexandra's wedding. Just take out the older foreign royals and put in younger ones and deposed young royals. Also instead of dignitaries and politicians put in celebrities. Now you have Beatrice's wedding. I think it will be at Westminster or St. George's.

We rarely see the Yorks at foreign royal events. We seldom or never see them socializing with foreign royals. It would surprise me to see foreign royal guests at their wedding. Note that in comparison to foreign royal weddings, the festivities and even the wedding itself of the Cambridges were spectacularly unspectacular. There were no grand jewels, no gala events. Royals were transported in stickered vans from a van-hire company. If even the Cambridges were not that wowza, I expect little. The -already broken- wedding of Lady Melissa Percy with Mr Van Straubenzee had more grandeur and jaw-dropping settings than the so-called Wedding Of The Year which seem forgotten again.

Grace and Camilla's granddaughter Eliza were both 3 at the wedding. Louise and Margarita were 7 and 8. The page boys were 10 and 8.

Grace was already a practiced flower girl. She had served as flower girl at the wedding of Lady Katie Percy. She looks to have been a flower girl at an earlier wedding based on photos but I cant find whose.

But yes, it is all depends on the maturity/attitude. Some 3/4 year olds couldn't handle it, especially a big royal wedding.

Yes, it would be cute to see one of Peter's daughters. Or if they were to use George, pairing him with Mia as they are close in age.

The littlest ones for the Cambridges wedding didn't sit through the service . They went up the aisle and then were taken behind the scenes. They rejoin the exit processional right at the end. Only the older bridesmaids and page boys sat through the service upfront next to Pippa. Maybe William remembered his only poor page boy behavior in the Abbey several years earlier for Uncle Andrew.

While the Yorks don't attend the big royal weddings like CP/Sofia, they do attend a lot of events with the young continental aristocrats and former/minor royals as well.

Prince Amadeo and Lili's wedding
Prince Amedeo marries Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein in Rome

They attended the wedding of Joseph Getty which was filled with big names, including Piere Casiraghi and Beatrice.
Billionaire Joseph Getty marries girlfriend Sabine Ghanem, whose wedding dress raised some guest's eyebrows - Mirror Online

Along with other major society events they often attend, they probably have a fancier friends list/guest list than Will.

What you just said perfectly explains what I meant. She has been aquatinted with many young royals and deposed young royals through weddings and charity or gala events. She has met Queen Rania and the Princess of Monaco a couple of times. And if it wouldn't be royals, aristocrats and socialites would attend.

While the Yorks don't attend the big royal weddings like CP/Sofia, they do attend a lot of events with the young continental aristocrats and former/minor royals as well.

Along with other major society events they often attend, they probably have a fancier friends list/guest list than Will.

I don't know, I think they hang around with lots of Eurotrash.
Will they really want those people at their weddings?
If the Queen will be there?

The Queen will certainly be at the York girls' weddings IMHO. However, as Prince Philip reputedly absolutely loathes Sarah I hope he does grit his teeth and attend and doesn't have a diplomatic 'illness'. If the Duke's reported feelings about her are correct it might not be an altogether joyous occasion for him.

I don't know, I think they hang around with lots of Eurotrash.
Will they really want those people at their weddings?
If the Queen will be there?

A lot of the 'euro trash' you speak of have very blue blood and old money. Celebrities. Will and Kate certainly had some at their wedding. I doubt the Yorks wouldn't invite them. And I'd not call Piere Casiraghi and his wife, or Prince Amedeo of Belgium 'euro trash'.

The queen is very close to her grandchildren. Unless the girls don't marry until their grandparents die, I doubt anything besides hospitalization would keep their grandparents from being a part. They attended the minor weddings of Zara and Peter, they certainly wouldn't miss the York.

The littlest ones for the Cambridges wedding didn't sit through the service . They went up the aisle and then were taken behind the scenes. They rejoin the exit processional right at the end. Only the older bridesmaids and page boys sat through the service upfront next to Pippa. Maybe William remembered his only poor page boy behavior in the Abbey several years earlier for Uncle Andrew.

Just getting a kid up the aisle can be hard at such a young age. Many three year olds would not be ready, especially when so many people watching. My friend had her 2 nieces (3.5/4 years) as flower girls. One refused to walk down the aisle and had to be carried after laying down half way down, and the other ran. The one who lay down eventually left where she was sitting with her grandmother, came on the stage with us and spent the hour long ceremony rolling around and mooning people when we weren't looking.

Last edited:
I am very curious as to how the York weddings will go - I'm eagerly awaiting news of an engagement of one of the girls. Predicting St George's chapel for both of them with a reception either at Windsor or Frogmore (like peter had) I could see quite a lot of "celebrities" attending each as the girls do mix in those circles and have attended numerous weddings themselves of celebs. There are the obvious questions about how the royals will interact with Fergie and the guestlist could likely include Harry's 2 main exs Cressida Bonas and i recall Eugiene being friendly as well with Cheesy Davy.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they will go the way of Zara...lower profile weddings.

LaRae

Why on earth would anyone question whether or not the Queen would attend a York wedding? Really? She's their grandmother! She attended the weddings of each of her other grandchildren who have been married. Stop trying to paint the York family in a tawdry light. It's old!

I don't think anyone really is questioning whether the Queen would attend the York weddings, are they?

I just want to clear something up. When I said maybe royals wouldn't attend, I did not mean the British royals. I meant other royal and deposed families like the Monaquese and Austria- Estans.(not necessarily them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom